Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
blackboxmycar.ca Black Friday

Viofo A129 Plus Duo DashCam

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2021 11:40 am
34 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1393 posts
1496 upvotes
Bought this model from this company a couple years ago, paid $240 I think so this is a great price.

The quality is phenomenal!
Jul 7, 2003
710 posts
413 upvotes
Just ordered this 2 days ago and it's in transit. Hope they'll do a price adjustment for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1375 posts
505 upvotes
Ottawa
Have a 119 v3 already from last year but debating on getting this just for 2 channel as I want the back covered now..
Being able to have the footage together is a benefit and a drawback to just using two of the same. Hmm. Not sure what to do haha, thanks OP.
Feb 19, 2018
487 posts
468 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I bought the 129 produo on aliexpress, this price is very close, it ships faster than ali, likely has service in Canada. Only minor catch is that it has fewer add ons
Nov 10, 2003
822 posts
430 upvotes
Richmond
kunamvahees wrote: https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/collection ... d-dash-cam
VIOFO A129 Plus 2K QHD 1-Channel Dash Cam with GPS - $130 as well.

Thanks OP.
"Please note that this model will be $10 less than other retailers as it's the non-eMMC version (does not come with the 16GB flash storage), exclusively available at BlackboxMyCar." So eMMC version is only $10 more?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1809 posts
224 upvotes
GTA
What size and brand SD card is everyone using for this?
A penny saved, is a penny earned!
Jul 7, 2003
710 posts
413 upvotes
audiohs wrote: Just ordered this 2 days ago and it's in transit. Hope they'll do a price adjustment for me.
I contacted them through their online chat and per their price match policy, they don't refund for price adjustments but did offer a gift card for the difference. I asked them nicely if they could make an exception since I hadn't even received the item yet. I was also considering just refusing the shipment and sending it back and just rebuying. She said to leave it with her and she'd get back to me within a day. In the end, they came through and will issue me a refund. Kind of a pain but it worked out in the end. They were very friendly in their communications and feel good supporting them. Unit arrived today and will install over the weekend. Ordered a 256gb Sandisk High Endurance card from Amazon posted in another thread.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I, @ES_Revenge and a few others had a terrible experience with this company.

If I were to buy it again (and based on my usage so far, I probably would) I'd buy direct from China. It might actually arrive faster than ordering from a Canadian company.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1367 posts
2072 upvotes
Vancouver
Code "KT15" is not the best discount!

As usual, code "THANKS5" or "5OFFNOW" are the 5% off discount WITHOUT even having to sign up to their mailing list however there is a trick to get a 7% discount code and it usually take 1 to 2 days of waiting to arrive by email (yes you have to sign up to their mailing list).

So if you use "KT15" to get $15 off your order then you are paying about $5.99 more after taxes (according to the items I purchased)!

The trick I use is to sign up to their mailing list, ignore the 5% discount code or give it to someone else, setup an account if you don't already have one, add the items you want to the cart, leave the items in the cart for 1 or 2 days and you will receive an email to compete your order with a 7% discount code somewhere in the email (see attached photos of my recent purchase this month).
Images
  • blackbox_15_off.png
  • blackbox_7_percent.png
  • a129-pro-duo-4k_new_price.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1367 posts
2072 upvotes
Vancouver
audiohs wrote: I contacted them through their online chat and per their price match policy, they don't refund for price adjustments but did offer a gift card for the difference. I asked them nicely if they could make an exception since I hadn't even received the item yet. I was also considering just refusing the shipment and sending it back and just rebuying. She said to leave it with her and she'd get back to me within a day. In the end, they came through and will issue me a refund. Kind of a pain but it worked out in the end. They were very friendly in their communications and feel good supporting them. Unit arrived today and will install over the weekend. Ordered a 256gb Sandisk High Endurance card from Amazon posted in another thread.
Sorry to read about your experience. I ordered the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K 2-Channel Dash Cam with GPS on Nov. 9th when it wasn't on sale. I found out that the price reduced to $65 and immediately chatted with someone to ask if I could get a price adjustment ($65 - 7% discount from my order + taxes) as a refund. I mentioned that it would be great if they could do that for me so I don't have to buy again and then return the old one back within the 30 day return policy. I was on hold for about 10-18 minutes and the customer service agent came back to tell me that I will be refunded the difference of $67.70 back to my credit card. I received an email of the conversation and the next day (today), I received a text that $67.70 was refunded back to me. So I haven't had any problems dealing with BlackboxMyCar but I guess it depends on who you got?

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that I initiated the chat right when they opened at 9:00am PST if that matters.
Jul 7, 2003
710 posts
413 upvotes
QuickFingers wrote: Sorry to read about your experience. I ordered the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K 2-Channel Dash Cam with GPS on Nov. 9th when it wasn't on sale. I found out that the price reduced to $65 and immediately chatted with someone to ask if I could get a price adjustment ($65 - 7% discount from my order + taxes) as a refund. I mentioned that it would be great if they could do that for me so I don't have to buy again and then return the old one back within the 30 day return policy. I was on hold for about 10-18 minutes and the customer service agent came back to tell me that I will be refunded the difference of $67.70 back to my credit card. I received an email of the conversation and the next day (today), I received a text that $67.70 was refunded back to me. So I haven't had any problems dealing with BlackboxMyCar but I guess it depends on who you got?

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that I initiated the chat right when they opened at 9:00am PST if that matters.
Nah, it's all fine. I went through a similar process as you but it just took a little longer. Like I said, it was a friendly and courteous exchange and they came through in the end, unlike my experience with Best Buy when I tried to get a price adjustment.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: I, @ES_Revenge and a few others had a terrible experience with this company.

If I were to buy it again (and based on my usage so far, I probably would) I'd buy direct from China. It might actually arrive faster than ordering from a Canadian company.
Yep and in the case of BBMC it would also be faster to get it from Afganistan via camelback to the Persian Gulf; then via rowboat around the African coastline until South Africa; from there, on to an ocean liner that gets hijacked by pirates; somehow makes it to Puerto Rico where it gets on a small aircraft to the Florida Keys; then is misdirected to California by DHL; and from there rides the Pony Express all the way to Canada. This whole process would probably arrive weeks earlier than anything from BBMC and probably in better condition.

To be clear, I don't think I've had a worse experience with a commercial seller on the intarwebs in all the time I've been buying things online which is pretty much from the advent of when you could do so back in the late 90s/early 00s. To top it all off this company has the audacity to talk about "rocket shipping". Indeed, a rocket that went to Mars and back, then arrived at your door.
Nov 2, 2018
76 posts
60 upvotes
OP here.

I don't know what people have been talking about the bad experience with BBMC.

I got my dashcam today in GTA (and i ordered yesterday). The dashcam shipped from Richmond yesterday
Oct 4, 2012
180 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't have any issues with them, ordered the Thinkware for the US and came out to be cheaper.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2299 posts
2095 upvotes
Ontario
QuickFingers wrote: Code "KT15" is not the best discount!

As usual, code "THANKS5" or "5OFFNOW" are the 5% off discount WITHOUT even having to sign up to their mailing list however there is a trick to get a 7% discount code and it usually take 1 to 2 days of waiting to arrive by email (yes you have to sign up to their mailing list).

So if you use "KT15" to get $15 off your order then you are paying about $5.99 more after taxes (according to the items I purchased)!

The trick I use is to sign up to their mailing list, ignore the 5% discount code or give it to someone else, setup an account if you don't already have one, add the items you want to the cart, leave the items in the cart for 1 or 2 days and you will receive an email to compete your order with a 7% discount code somewhere in the email (see attached photos of my recent purchase this month).
Looks like you need to spend more than $300 to save 7%. I probably won't hit that with the Plus Duo
Virgin Plus ($29/35GB BYOD)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)