Expired Hot Deals

[blackcircles.ca] 10% off tires now with additional October manufacturer rebates for Michelin, Continental, Cooper, Bridgestone, etc

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2021 12:42 am
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1962 posts
480 upvotes
Vaughan
I figured they were buying smaller tires, but 2-3 years ago when i bought 18s for my other car from Costco, the cost was also less than I'm finding right now. A difference that's more than just inflation. So I wanted to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong or missing a discount somewhere.

I already went down from 19 to 18. For aesthetic purposes, I'd rather not go down any further.

18s + cheapest winter alloys (it's a new car and the difference b/w steel and alloy isn't that great and I expect these to last) + TPMS (is the installation kit necessary for these?) ~ $2000. Hopefully we see some savings on black Friday.
Mar 28, 2010
782 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto
DragonRider wrote: Anyone received their rebates yet?
Not received yet, my continental rebate status is Fulfilled and shipped 10/30/2020.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2630 posts
754 upvotes
North York
d_source wrote: How is everyone getting these so cheap? Perk2020 brings my VG7 to $1000+. 18s. What size are yours?
My tire size is 215/60/16
Nov 23, 2008
194 posts
107 upvotes
d_source wrote: I figured they were buying smaller tires, but 2-3 years ago when i bought 18s for my other car from Costco, the cost was also less than I'm finding right now. A difference that's more than just inflation. So I wanted to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong or missing a discount somewhere.

I already went down from 19 to 18. For aesthetic purposes, I'd rather not go down any further.

18s + cheapest winter alloys (it's a new car and the difference b/w steel and alloy isn't that great and I expect these to last) + TPMS (is the installation kit necessary for these?) ~ $2000. Hopefully we see some savings on black Friday.
We have a car with 18" wheels, last year we paid over $2300 for a set of Micheline X-Ice, alloy rims, TPMS and install at Kal Tire. That price was with rebates and price match so $2000 seems right on the money.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1962 posts
480 upvotes
Vaughan
shortye wrote: We have a car with 18" wheels, last year we paid over $2300 for a set of Micheline X-Ice, alloy rims, TPMS and install at Kal Tire. That price was with rebates and price match so $2000 seems right on the money.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2630 posts
754 upvotes
North York
Damn that was fast, I ordered my tires after 10pm on Monday and they just arrived now.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2667 posts
1837 upvotes
mwong168 wrote: Damn that was fast, I ordered my tires after 10pm on Monday and they just arrived now.
Fml,
I ordered with Quattro 2 weeks ago, the order is still « in preparation » wt
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
May 27, 2017
279 posts
402 upvotes
Got my Viking7 tires in today

DOT 1319

Is that reasonable or would you argue for 2020 DOT code
Sep 11, 2007
56 posts
48 upvotes
rsz1 wrote: Thanks OP!

Ordered a set of 4 Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV rubber spinloops. Factoring in PERK2020 10% off, the $70 MIR and installation it's the best price I could find in the size I required.

Costco was more, Canadian Tire was more, and any of the other options from Quebec were more money as well.

Being able to book an appointment for installation during the purchase was a huge plus.

I almost went to Canadian Tire yesterday to buy the tires. Would have had to purchase the tires, bring them home, then get them installed at some other time and haul them back out again.

In the past with Costco, I've ordered tires to have them go missing at the local warehouse and have to reschedule the appointment because they can't find the tires.

We'll see how the rest of the experience turns out, so far so good.
Tires have been on for a couple weeks now. Shop had the tires when I showed up for the appointment. Received my $70 MIR from Michelin the other day as well. Highly recommend Blackcircles.ca.

I asked the shop how they liked dealing with blackcircles.ca and they said their experience has been positive for them over the last couple years.
Jun 21, 2019
39 posts
107 upvotes
VikingContact7 17" comes out at around $717 (without $60 rebate) shipped on blackcircle, and $659 shipped with discount code BF10 at wheelwiz.ca taxes in.

Any idea how good this wheelwiz website is and their shipping?
Should I wait for black friday deals or is this about as good as it will get?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1481 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
smrtphur wrote:
20201021_174709.jpg

20201020_094114.jpg

Had rims from wheelwiz, tires from blackcircle when sale started and october rebate is already on its way!
How was your experience with wheelwiz? All in price are a bit cheaper due to lower taxes
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1669 posts
356 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
Jin-n-Juice wrote: How was your experience with wheelwiz? All in price are a bit cheaper due to lower taxes
Good no complaints got the rim in 2 days
Sep 11, 2007
56 posts
48 upvotes
Drew_W wrote: Not quite.

Michelin today announced the acquisition of Blackcircles.com, the number one Internet tyre sales company in the United Kingdom, for a sum of £50 million.
About Blackcircles.ca
Blackcircles.ca is a Canadian online tire purchasing program dedicated to simplifying the tire buying process so that consumers can research and purchase tires as well as schedule an installation appointment in one location. The concept was founded by Liverpool-born entrepreneur Mike Welch in 2001 (blackcircles.com) and sells to around 2,000,000 customers in the UK – making it one of the largest online tire retailers in the world. Follow us and see how easy tire purchasing can be at www.blackcircles.ca on Facebook or on Twitter.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/b ... 71082.html
Nov 24, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
Lolvtec wrote: Got my Viking7 tires in today

DOT 1319

Is that reasonable or would you argue for 2020 DOT code

I just got the Viking 7 (205/55/16) yesterday from blackcircles. Dot code on 2 are 2619 and the other 2 are 2020. Personally, I don't care too much about the dot code on these since they are just winter tires. But I would think twice if I were to order summer tires for my other car. Also I discovered wheelwiz would have been about 20-30 cheaper for the same tires.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1962 posts
480 upvotes
Vaughan
I ordered from Wheel Wiz this week and already got everything except the installation kit. Exceptionally fast delivery and I found their customer service to be excellent. They were cheaper than the rest by at least $100 with their BF sale.

My Viking contact 7s have a DOT of 3919, so around Sept of last year. Seems decent, I guess. Was hoping for a 2020 DOT.Confused Face
Dec 30, 2016
102 posts
13 upvotes
GTA
Got my viking this month and the date code is also around Sep last year. Then I got flat tire a day after the installation and no help from blackcircle at all. Not very impressed with their customer service.
Jun 21, 2019
39 posts
107 upvotes
Got my Vikings delivered today. DOT 0820. Fast delivery although one was delivered on Monday and the other three were delivered today for some reason.