Hot Deals

[blackcircles.ca] Updated: VERY good prices on new MICHELIN X-ICE SNOW, Crossclimate (+$100 MIR), VikingContact 7, others, +10% off coupon

[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2735 posts
3517 upvotes
Edmonton

Updated: VERY good prices on new MICHELIN X-ICE SNOW, Crossclimate (+$100 MIR), VikingContact 7, others, +10% off coupon

Deal Link:
Retailer:
blackcircles.ca
Update: original deal on Continentals is still on but since the thread has been a success and there are some new promotions I am updating this post.

Coupon codes to try: PERKOPOLIS, TAG10, VIPCIRCLE (none of these stack).

They are also selling the brand new top of the line Michelin X-Ice Snow that I know has been of interest. Also of note for people who care, it's one of the only tires made in Canada! Or at least 85% are made in Nova Scotia. I checked and it sure seems like this is the best price out there, better than Costco by a lot (example below). And with a brand new design you know you will be getting a brand new set of tires. These tires also come with 3 years of roadside assistance (https://www.michelinman.com/warranty.html).

Example of pricing - $807 for a set vs $980 at Costco.

For an even better deal for anyone looking for all-weather tires (the ones more suited for snow than all seasons), I noted the Michelin CrossClimate Series has an additional $100 rebate that can be applied for online, and of course stacked with the coupon code (https://www.blackcircles.ca/en/promotion-michelin).

Original post below (deal still relevant)
I just bought winter tires for my new car, a bit earlier than scheduled. Yes there are some small rebate deals etc but this is the best price I have come across for top grade winter tires that are a newer design. These Continental VikingContact 7s won a bunch of awards / comparison tests and blackcircles.ca has them for very good prices. For example, my large 265/55R19's were $262.20 each compared to $345 at 1010tires.com. This includes an 8% off coupon that is immediately applied at checkout. Delivery is free.

Also, when you buy a set of Continental you 3 years of free roadside assistance by signing up here, as well as free replacement if damaged in the first year. https://www.continentaltire.com/warranty

These are made in Germany.

Tests, etc:
http://www.skstuds.ca/2019/02/14/2018s- ... y-the-naf/
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyre ... ype=W&VT=C
https://www.naf.no/forbrukertester/dekk ... test-2019/

Last edited by Blubbs on Sep 10th, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
606 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2603 posts
1257 upvotes
Solid pricing.

I bought Blizzaks last year, and really regret not paying the extra $100ish for the Vikings. Ah well. Maybe next time.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5353 posts
1769 upvotes
GTEH!
Good find on these new Continental VikingContact 7 winter tires. These replace the Wintercontact SI, which I own.
I've always liked Continental winter tires.
😎
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2735 posts
3517 upvotes
Edmonton
RubberCheese wrote: Solid pricing.

I bought Blizzaks last year, and really regret not paying the extra $100ish for the Vikings. Ah well. Maybe next time.
I've always had Blizzaks and they've been solid for me. But with the 5100lb Q7 I just bought (used) I am looking for something without a secondary compound underneath, and that is quieter.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2735 posts
3517 upvotes
Edmonton
Webhead wrote: Good find on these new Continental VikingContact 7 winter tires. These replace the Wintercontact SI, which I own.
I've always liked Continental winter tires.
Glad to hear you've like them. How has the wear been? Average?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14063 posts
26390 upvotes
Scarborough
I'll need a new set of winters this year. $813 shipped seems really good for my size. How long is the 8% coupon good until?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2735 posts
3517 upvotes
Edmonton
TomRFD wrote: I'll need a new set of winters this year. $813 shipped seems really good for my size. How long is the 8% coupon good until?
No indication, seems it could end at any time based on the "Deals" section of the website.
Oct 19, 2008
91 posts
50 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Great tires. I put these on my wife's Subaru WRX last winter replacing her WS80s and they have been fantastic so far. I've also been very happy with the WinterContact SIs (the old model) I have on my car for a couple of seasons, and these are better.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2735 posts
3517 upvotes
Edmonton
Redshft wrote: Great tires. I put these on my wife's Subaru WRX last winter replacing her WS80s and they have been fantastic so far. I've also been very happy with the WinterContact SIs (the old model) I have on my car for a couple of seasons, and these are better.
Happy to hear that, looking forward to trying them.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1390 posts
626 upvotes
Great tire!

Best winter tire I have owned. Smooth, quiet, good grip in snow and slush.

Second to the Yokohama IG52.
Jan 1, 2015
530 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have these on 18 inch wheels for my winter setup and I find them really nice. Also, can other owners attest to the QUIETNESS of these tires?

I swapped back to 19 inch wheels on my summer staggered setup and notice much more road noise on my Pilot Sport 4s. Not sure if it's because of my bigger wheel or the tires themselves.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1878 posts
1340 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: I'll need a new set of winters this year. $813 shipped seems really good for my size. How long is the 8% coupon good until?
Blubbs wrote:
No indication, seems it could end at any time based on the "Deals" section of the website.

The 8% has been going on for at least 6 months now.

FYI - I've also been able to price match Canadian Tire with blackcircles to take advantage of the road hazard warranty and world elite payment plan. I found blackcircles to have the best pricing for a Canadian online retailer. It used to be Quattrotires.

You also fudged your savings difference* by comparing to the most expensive Canadian online retailer (1010tires). Winking Face

EDIT: Savings % to savings difference
Last edited by Chewfam on Aug 11th, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2735 posts
3517 upvotes
Edmonton
Chewfam wrote: The 8% has been going on for at least 6 months now.

FYI - I've also been able to price match Canadian Tire with blackcircles to take advantage of the road hazard warranty and world elite payment plan. I found blackcircles to have the best pricing for a Canadian online retailer. It used to be Quattrotires.

You also fudged your savings % by comparing to the most expensive Canadian online retailer (1010tires). Winking Face
Ok, fair that 1010tires can be pricey but I did not post a "savings %"

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 5 guests)

IcarusLSC, Alessio87, RFDSimple