Expired Hot Deals

[blackcircles.ca] Updated: VERY good prices on new MICHELIN X-ICE SNOW, Crossclimate (+$100 MIR), VikingContact 7, others, +10% off coupon

Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6447 posts
2343 upvotes
GTA
bvit6667 wrote: That's exactly what I am tempted to do....the typical rebates are around $70 to $100 per set of four tires. The manufacturers tend to offer their rebates in the early spring and in the fall (starting sometime in September - I believe).
I wrote in an earlier post, last year the vikings were excluded from the rebate.

Edit: Seems like someone did get the rebate last year and i don't recall if i saw it in a rebate form or the dealer said it was excluded which made me not purchase the tires.
Redshft wrote: I got the rebate when I purchased my Viking 7s last year.
Last edited by porksoda on Aug 15th, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 24, 2003
949 posts
378 upvotes
North York
porksoda wrote: I wrote in an earlier post, last year the vikings were excluded from the rebate.
Damn must have missed this.. thanks for repeating this!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2875 posts
3743 upvotes
Edmonton
Also I've seen prices increase $10-$20 per tire prior to rebate, lol.
Mar 25, 2010
76 posts
67 upvotes
Québec
blackcircles list my size (225/45r18) available in two forms.. one XL + runflat (280$), and the other non-XL, non-runflat (214$).

I don't get it. On the official continental website, all the viking contact 7 in my size are labeled as XL, with a load rating of 95. How come blackcircles sells a tire that doesn't really exist as far as I can tell? All the other websites selling this particular model list these tires as non-runflat with a load rating of 95.
My car was running Pilot Alpin A4 XL, and I almost got fooled by ordering the 'XL' viking version of blackcircles... In reality my owner's manual only requires a winter tire with a load rating of 92, so the 214$ version at 95 should be plenty. But I'm still really curious on the two different models listed on blackcircles. Is it because the tire is new and info limited or something?
Dec 12, 2012
354 posts
230 upvotes
Winnipeg
ShinConker wrote: blackcircles list my size (225/45r18) available in two forms.. one XL + runflat (280$), and the other non-XL, non-runflat (214$).

I don't get it. On the official continental website, all the viking contact 7 in my size are labeled as XL, with a load rating of 95. How come blackcircles sells a tire that doesn't really exist as far as I can tell? All the other websites selling this particular model list these tires as non-runflat with a load rating of 95.
My car was running Pilot Alpin A4 XL, and I almost got fooled by ordering the 'XL' viking version of blackcircles... In reality my owner's manual only requires a winter tire with a load rating of 92, so the 214$ version at 95 should be plenty. But I'm still really curious on the two different models listed on blackcircles. Is it because the tire is new and info limited or something?
When I purchased tires a couple months back I noticed basically the same thing. They had 2 tires listed nearly identical with different prices and I couldn't find a different tire at any supplier. I spoke to the online chat and they said it was a mistake and to order the cheaper one. I suggest if nothing else, try speaking with their online chat for clarification. I suspect there is no difference between the 2 and ordering the cheaper tire will be the same.
Apr 5, 2004
87 posts
18 upvotes
I seen a screen shot of steel wheel added.
How do we do this? I need some steel wheel/rims
Sep 7, 2003
701 posts
253 upvotes
vistokid wrote: I'm pretty sure this is a newer tire so the date codes should all be pretty recent.
Just checked mine for fun. 1820. Pretty sure that means 18th week of 2020. Correct?
Dec 27, 2011
521 posts
165 upvotes
AB
Cheapo-Findo wrote: use code "PERKOPOLIS" to get 12% off.
Where do you enter the coupon code? I've gone through the checkout all the way to entering my credit card info but did not see it.

Edit: nevermind, have to delete the 8% off coupon code first!
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1856 posts
386 upvotes
Lévis
derass wrote: Looks like they would've qualified for $65 under "All other Continental tires". I don't see the VikingContact 7 explicitly excluded.

https://images.canadawheels.ca/images/r ... ORM_EN.PDF
Funny because they list a few tires then say all other tires excluding 2 models...:
PremiumContactTM6, ExtremeContactTMSport, SportContactTM2, 3, 5, 5P, 6 All other Continental Tires (excluding TrueContactTM, TrueContactTM Tour)
Should have just say: all models excluding...

That being said: "Claims must be received by June 30th, 2020"
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Aug 14th, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Oct 19, 2008
103 posts
65 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I got the rebate when I purchased my Viking 7s last year.
Dec 27, 2011
521 posts
165 upvotes
AB
Redshft wrote: I got the rebate when I purchased my Viking 7s last year.
Was your price last year after rebate a better deal?
May 23, 2015
365 posts
952 upvotes
Ontario
So i purchased 225-65-17 regular BSW but received XL version. So i am wondering maybe there is no regular version for some tires there is only XL version. If that is so why would they charge extra for XL versions? Anyway i would say get the regular version unless your car manufacturer specifically says XL on door jamb sticker.
Dec 24, 2011
371 posts
658 upvotes
NORTH, Canada
Does blackcircles email updates such as when shipped and when arrived at the garage? So far all I got was a receipt. My installation slot wasn’t until 3 September which is fine, not in a rush.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6396 posts
2699 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: Does blackcircles email updates such as when shipped and when arrived at the garage? So far all I got was a receipt. My installation slot wasn’t until 3 September which is fine, not in a rush.
I asked the installation location (Green and Ross) if they will let me know that the tires arrived and the guy said NO.

It's kind of odd that they (blackcircles) wouldn't send us a tracking number with a "Your Order Has Been Shipped" email.

Update - Green and Ross called my tires have arrived - I had the caller check and the size shipped and model of tire are correct.