Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
blackcircles.ca

Updated: VERY good prices on new MICHELIN X-ICE SNOW, Crossclimate (+$100 MIR), VikingContact 7, others, +10% off coupon

Sep 6, 2016
343 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
Why did some of you decide on the pricey X-Ice Snow? It's 25% more expensive than other top performing tires, like the VikingContact 7 for example. There's no way it's 25% better in overall performance.

I'm guessing it's because it probably can last a season or two longer than these other brands. In which case the price premium is probably justified. And it's probably slightly better performing than most of the top brands out there. Decisions decisions ...
Russia/Putin/Cronies must pay for all damages to Ukraine and her people. Let's start with seized assets
Mar 26, 2017
375 posts
191 upvotes
I have a 2020 CR-V Sport.. I already got 17" rims for it, I was wondering what tires I should get for them. I was going to get blizzak from costco but I much prefer Michelin with their threadware warranty.

I can buy x-ice snow at costco Tire Size: 235/65R17/XL for $1,170.61 including install

Blackcircle doesn't have em in my size and I'm not sure where else to find these tires?

Anyone know where else I could get these for cheaper?
Dec 31, 2012
260 posts
154 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone know if the Continental Rebate will stack with this? ($60 visa) If I purchase Oct 1st or after.
Do I need to have them installed for the rebate or can they be shipped to my home?
Nov 1, 2008
827 posts
739 upvotes
Canada
Gord18Stirr wrote: I have a 2020 CR-V Sport.. I already got 17" rims for it, I was wondering what tires I should get for them. I was going to get blizzak from costco but I much prefer Michelin with their threadware warranty.

I can buy x-ice snow at costco Tire Size: 235/65R17/XL for $1,170.61 including install

Blackcircle doesn't have em in my size and I'm not sure where else to find these tires?

Anyone know where else I could get these for cheaper?
Have 2020 CR-V Sport as well. Also looking for for winters. Where did you get the 17" rims?
==================================================
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2829 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
Wondering if anyone can help with suggestions. Want winter tires and rims for my 2019 Malibu premiere. Pretty sure the tire size is 245/45R18 but need to make sure. Bought Michellin LATITUDE TOUR from Costco for my other car a couple years ago along with steel wheels for ~1200 and love those. Would like to go with Michellin again if possible.

Thanks.
Public Mobile $34/50GB-CAN-US/30 days
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1470 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
kbear99 wrote: Why did some of you decide on the pricey X-Ice Snow? It's 25% more expensive than other top performing tires, like the VikingContact 7 for example. There's no way it's 25% better in overall performance.

I'm guessing it's because it probably can last a season or two longer than these other brands. In which case the price premium is probably justified. And it's probably slightly better performing than most of the top brands out there. Decisions decisions ...
I got the ICE or non-snow, older versions of these tires back in 2014. Installed them on my rear wheel drive german sedan, and its just approaching the threadwear mark. These did not perform as expected as the years wore on in the snow (or maybe rear wheel drive high torque cars are all crap in the snow regardless of tire) - the tire is only now starting to show signs of cracks on the thread/sidewall edge. Back in 2014 I paid about $1000 cash and they came with knock off BMW rims. 225/50/17.

I am now deciding to try the Vikingcontact 7's - due to the price (tires23 installed price is the best so far, ordering in Oct - unless another lock down is coming)
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Aug 15, 2018
393 posts
499 upvotes
I need some help please.
I have a 2019 Odyssey 235/60r18 103H would like to downsize but not sure what would fit over the brakes and all.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Sep 15, 2017
114 posts
123 upvotes
Nelson, B.C.
Teodore wrote: I need some help please.
I have a 2019 Odyssey 235/60r18 103H would like to downsize but not sure what would fit over the brakes and all.
Hi, I'm sorry but you cannot go smaller than that, the only other measure you can install is: 235/55 R19

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/honda/odyssey/2019/
Oct 19, 2016
690 posts
352 upvotes
I am looking to buy a 2008 Lincoln MKX and was wondering what the best deal for winter tires would be (ideally with a set of basic black rims). I can go either 18" or 20" but would opt for the 18" for the winter tires.

Any recommendations for places that may have good sales?
Aug 25, 2019
114 posts
91 upvotes
barrist wrote: Looking to pick up the VikingContacts for our Prius Prime..

On Quattro, I can get them shipped with rims for $684 with the $80 code.

Good time to buy?? or wait a bit
Just get them, there will be price increases as the season gets closer. My tire size already went up by more than $30 a tire today I noticed (255/35r19, $315ish to $350). This is on Quattro.
Last edited by guanin2999 on Sep 24th, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6907 posts
5592 upvotes
I ended up buying from quattro.

I needed steels and their $80 discount made the difference. $610 taxes in for Kumho izen kw31 195/55R16 (ya, I went cheap) mounted on 16" steel. Plus $60 rebate already approved.
$550 for winter tires and rims. I've never bought any this cheap before.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
Could anyone advise me as to whether I would need XL load tires for a Santa Fe sport?
Dec 2, 2016
443 posts
224 upvotes
GTA
Teodore wrote: I need some help please.
The other person is misinformed. You should be able to downsize almost all vehicles at a minimum of 1 size. In your case tires of 235/65R17 should fit. Of course rims need to clear the brake calipers but if you search the rims online and enter your vehicle information, there's always a filtered list of rims that should work for your vehicle.
Sep 23, 2020
10 posts
2 upvotes
Granby, QC
Do you think there will be any mailing rebate on winter tires for Continental? Good price pour Viking on blackcircles with 10% coupon code. I didn't see any rebate available at this time on Continental Website.
May 12, 2019
477 posts
631 upvotes
IsaLess wrote: Do you think there will be any mailing rebate on winter tires for Continental? Good price pour Viking on blackcircles with 10% coupon code. I didn't see any rebate available at this time on Continental Website.
Another tire shop told me that they will give $70 off on a set of 4 starting Oct 1
Sep 23, 2020
10 posts
2 upvotes
Granby, QC
Thank you! So I guess it's a better idea to wait until oct 1 to see.
Sep 15, 2017
114 posts
123 upvotes
Nelson, B.C.
stebum wrote: The other person is misinformed. You should be able to downsize almost all vehicles at a minimum of 1 size. In your case tires of 235/65R17 should fit. Of course rims need to clear the brake calipers but if you search the rims online and enter your vehicle information, there's always a filtered list of rims that should work for your vehicle.
I based what I say on facts not on theories.
If you look at the link I posted you can see that the 2019 Honda Odyssey sold in the North American market (USDM) accepts only 18" and 19" rims.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
I bought some tires a month back Viking 7s, and today I checked to see if the tires are still the same price but each one has increased by $18. Wow, that's like $100 bucks (after tax) increase in prices from a month ago.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)