Expired Hot Deals

[blackcircles.ca] Updated: VERY good prices on new MICHELIN X-ICE SNOW, Crossclimate (+$100 MIR), VikingContact 7, others, +10% off coupon

Sep 13, 2016
496 posts
663 upvotes
GTA
GroverTime wrote: My Viking 7s arrived from Quattro today. Two have DOT codes of 1620, one is 2220 and the fourth tire I can't find the DOT code. The other numbers and letters are there but there's a blank spot where the DOT code should be. I'm not too concerned with it though. Overall I'm quite happy with them. I checked the prices again last night and they've gone up by nearly $100 for the set. Must be because of the new rebates that are out now.
Did you flip over the tire to the other side? I had the same issue. The date code is only on one side.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1005 posts
280 upvotes
For a 2020 Sorento awd is the Viking contact 7 a good choice ?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2219 posts
593 upvotes
YVR
tostaky wrote: For a 2020 Sorento awd is the Viking contact 7 a good choice ?
Read reviews for the tire. It's almost irrelevant what kind of car you're putting them on as long as the size is correct.
Zoomer
Sep 6, 2016
126 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary
We're in 3rd week of Sep and still no rebates for most of the manufactures. Is it still too early?

Looking to pick up a set of Continental VikingContact 7 225/65R17's and rims for my 2019 CX-5. Quattro seems cheapest overall with installation on cheapish alloy rims that match the specs of the car. However, they give you only one choice for TPMS and it costs $52 for my car. I don't understand how a relatively simple device should cost anywhere near $50. Wish Quattro gave us a choice on TPMS devices.
Jun 28, 2006
842 posts
43 upvotes
Calgary
After flipping back and forth I think I'm just going to go with the cheaper Blizzaks from Costco now that they have their $100 cash card back.

The continental set (after installation) are about $20 cheaper but I would rather deal with Costco than a website at this point.
Feb 28, 2009
431 posts
300 upvotes
Ottawa
kbear99 wrote: We're in 3rd week of Sep and still no rebates for most of the manufactures. Is it still too early?

Looking to pick up a set of Continental VikingContact 7 225/65R17's and rims for my 2019 CX-5. Quattro seems cheapest overall with installation on cheapish alloy rims that match the specs of the car. However, they give you only one choice for TPMS and it costs $52 for my car. I don't understand how a relatively simple device should cost anywhere near $50. Wish Quattro gave us a choice on TPMS devices.
I believe most will start end of September or beg of October
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1014 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa
aelam wrote: After flipping back and forth I think I'm just going to go with the cheaper Blizzaks from Costco now that they have their $100 cash card back.

The continental set (after installation) are about $20 cheaper but I would rather deal with Costco than a website at this point.
The DM-V2 tires? I was looking at those, they're well reviewed tires. I've never purchased tires from Costco, but do I have to get them installed there? When I add to cart they add the $100 to mount them.
Mar 19, 2019
26 posts
15 upvotes
Ordered a set of 205 50R17 of VikingContact 7. Arrived in 4 days. DOT 1519.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3742 posts
3840 upvotes
GTA
TeriyakiJack wrote: Read reviews for the tire. It's almost irrelevant what kind of car you're putting them on as long as the size is correct.
That's not true. There are winter tires that are designed specifically for SUV's and light trucks. The VikingContact7 is not one of those, although it's probably adequate for up to a mid-sized SUV or CUV.
Mar 9, 2015
219 posts
129 upvotes
Calgary, AB
derass wrote: That's not true. There are winter tires that are designed specifically for SUV's and light trucks. The VikingContact7 is not one of those, although it's probably adequate for up to a mid-sized SUV or CUV.
Based on what?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1005 posts
280 upvotes
derass wrote: That's not true. There are winter tires that are designed specifically for SUV's and light trucks. The VikingContact7 is not one of those, although it's probably adequate for up to a mid-sized SUV or CUV.
The Sorento is heavy, maybe the Viking Contact 7 is not a good choice for that vehicle....what would be ?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3742 posts
3840 upvotes
GTA
lekidyyc wrote: Based on what?
I don't understand your question. Is what based on what?
tostaky wrote: The Sorento is heavy, maybe the Viking Contact 7 is not a good choice for that vehicle....what would be ?
These are the SUV / light truck winter tires I'm referring to. There are several manufacturers offering them.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/types/pe ... perf=LTSIS
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/types/pe ... ?perf=LTSW

I guess the thing with CUVs is that they're in between a sedan and SUV, so you have to decided which type of tire is best for you.
Mar 9, 2015
219 posts
129 upvotes
Calgary, AB
derass wrote: I don't understand your question. Is what based on what?
Load rating is what you need to look for. I replaced my xi2 for the Viking 7 and the load rating is 106 for the continental vs 103 for the Michelin. As long as the load rating is at least what's recommended by the manufacturer, there is no problem.
Jun 28, 2006
842 posts
43 upvotes
Calgary
engman13 wrote: The DM-V2 tires? I was looking at those, they're well reviewed tires. I've never purchased tires from Costco, but do I have to get them installed there? When I add to cart they add the $100 to mount them.
I think the equivalents, I only have a hatchback so the Blizzaks I am getting are the WS90.

Installation costs are usually $20 a tire, the bigger ones I guess are $25. I'm not sure how to actually just "buy" them without the install. But unless you can mount them on rims yourself I don't think you'll really beat the install price, I think i's pretty typical.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3512 posts
907 upvotes
GTA
A bit off topic but my current OEM All Seasons are due for replacement. I have a winter set that I swap seasonally so that's fine. There's a month or two left before switch over to winters.

I noticed some manufacturers have MIRs right now for certain all seasons but or course mostly winters. My question is would it be best to wait for Spring rebates? That's when all the summer/all season tires come out correct? Kind of new to this MIRs and tires. TIA.