Expired Hot Deals

[blackcircles.ca] Updated: VERY good prices on new MICHELIN X-ICE SNOW, Crossclimate (+$100 MIR), VikingContact 7, others, +10% off coupon

Jul 23, 2018
354 posts
114 upvotes
kbear99 wrote: We're in 3rd week of Sep and still no rebates for most of the manufactures. Is it still too early?

Looking to pick up a set of Continental VikingContact 7 225/65R17's and rims for my 2019 CX-5. Quattro seems cheapest overall with installation on cheapish alloy rims that match the specs of the car. However, they give you only one choice for TPMS and it costs $52 for my car. I don't understand how a relatively simple device should cost anywhere near $50. Wish Quattro gave us a choice on TPMS devices.
The 2019 CX5 has "indirect TPMS" which is built into the ABS or something; there are no sensors needed. That's why you (probably) don't have a TPMS reset button.
aelam wrote: I think the equivalents, I only have a hatchback so the Blizzaks I am getting are the WS90.

Installation costs are usually $20 a tire, the bigger ones I guess are $25. I'm not sure how to actually just "buy" them without the install. But unless you can mount them on rims yourself I don't think you'll really beat the install price, I think i's pretty typical.
When you go there and collect your tires and say you don't want installation, they'll refund the $80 or so.
Mar 28, 2010
732 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
OongaLoonga wrote: The 2019 CX5 has "indirect TPMS" which is built into the ABS or something; there are no sensors needed. That's why you (probably) don't have a TPMS reset button.
2017-2021 CX-5s have TPMS as part of the valve. You can buy from Scarborough Mazda for $70 each.

There is also a reset process described in the owners manual for when you change wheels yourself and need to recognize new TPMS sensors.
Jul 23, 2018
354 posts
114 upvotes
kevinyvr wrote: That's incorrect. 2017-2021 CX-5s have TPMS as part of the valve. You can buy from Scarborough Mazda for $70 each.

There is also a reset process described in the owners manual for when you change wheels yourself and need to recognize new TPMS sensors.
Oh, interesting. I swear I had read it was indirect TPMS. Maybe for another region then. I read about it when I was looking for why there is no longer a TPMS reset button.
Jul 27, 2018
23 posts
7 upvotes
tostaky wrote: The Sorento is heavy, maybe the Viking Contact 7 is not a good choice for that vehicle....what would be ?
The Vikingcontacts come as extra load tires, they are more than enough for a Sorrento.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1264 posts
576 upvotes
Ontario
flyingpostman wrote: The Vikingcontacts come as extra load tires, they are more than enough for a Sorrento.
I was (am) going to say the same thing...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Jul 16, 2020
2 posts
2 upvotes
Decided to go with Viking Contact 7s from Quattro - tires were roughly the same price but set of steel rims were nearly $100 cheaper and MAG80 promo code beat the Perkopolis code by $10.

Set of Viking Contact 7s (225/50R17) mounted on plain steel rims and delivered for $998.

Ordered Sept 9, delivered Sept 17. Dates of manufacture: 3 x 2220, 1 x 2120.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1249 posts
219 upvotes
Vancouver
jaszy wrote: A bit off topic but my current OEM All Seasons are due for replacement. I have a winter set that I swap seasonally so that's fine. There's a month or two left before switch over to winters.

I noticed some manufacturers have MIRs right now for certain all seasons but or course mostly winters. My question is would it be best to wait for Spring rebates? That's when all the summer/all season tires come out correct? Kind of new to this MIRs and tires. TIA.
If your looking for A/S or summer tires those rebates will happen March/April for all tire manufacturers wait till than.
Dec 25, 2004
810 posts
142 upvotes
FrugalConsumer wrote: I have these on 18 inch wheels for my winter setup and I find them really nice. Also, can other owners attest to the QUIETNESS of these tires?

I swapped back to 19 inch wheels on my summer staggered setup and notice much more road noise on my Pilot Sport 4s. Not sure if it's because of my bigger wheel or the tires themselves.
What vehicle are you driving? I’m on also on a 19” staggered with the pilots. M340?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9063 posts
53932 upvotes
Ontario
any good Michelin tires for audi s4 2012?
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1415 posts
134 upvotes
aelam wrote: I think the equivalents, I only have a hatchback so the Blizzaks I am getting are the WS90.
Installation costs are usually $20 a tire, the bigger ones I guess are $25. I'm not sure how to actually just "buy" them without the install. But unless you can mount them on rims yourself I don't think you'll really beat the install price, I think i's pretty typical.
The Canadian automotive protection agency APA rates the Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 as the top rated Canadian snow/ice tire for 2019/2020

http://apa.ca/wintertire_reviews.asp
Nov 4, 2015
827 posts
613 upvotes
Ontario
Moe Hunter wrote: The Canadian automotive protection agency APA rates the Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 as the top rated Canadian snow/ice tire for 2019/2020

http://apa.ca/wintertire_reviews.asp
The VikingContact isn't on there, but I imagine it would be either Top Rated/Very Good anyways.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1415 posts
134 upvotes
RichRFD wrote: The VikingContact isn't on there, but I imagine it would be either Top Rated/Very Good anyways.
The Continental Viking Contact 7 replaces the WinterContact SI which was rated as "Very Good"
Sep 6, 2016
126 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary
kevinyvr wrote:
2017-2021 CX-5s have TPMS as part of the valve. You can buy from Scarborough Mazda for $70 each.

OongaLoonga wrote: Oh, interesting. I swear I had read it was indirect TPMS. Maybe for another region then. I read about it when I was looking for why there is no longer a TPMS reset button.
Thx guys. I had read about the indirect TPMS also and was hoping this was the case for my car. However I confirmed with the parts dept w/ my VIN# that my 2019 CX-5 Signature does indeed hv direct TPMS. (Also my factory wheels have the telltale metal valve stem for TPMS.) Not sure if it's a regional thing or if it's model specific though.
Feb 16, 2019
38 posts
86 upvotes
Does anyone have any information on the Steel Rims that Blackcircles offers?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7654 posts
1717 upvotes
Mont-Royal
2011 corolla, which one should i get?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101