Expired Hot Deals

[blackcircles.ca] Updated: VERY good prices on new MICHELIN X-ICE SNOW, Crossclimate (+$100 MIR), VikingContact 7, others, +10% off coupon

Mar 28, 2010
728 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
For those in the GTA, I was thinking of getting VikingContact 7s from blackcircles + install but I gave Tires23 in Mississauga a call and 225/65/17 was $750 mounted/installed/balanced vs $760 with blackcircles with local install and PERKOPOLIS code.

Also checked Michelin X-ice Snows and it's $880 at Tires23 vs $918 at blackcircles w/ install.

Tires23 also eligible for rebates starting soon.
May 1, 2005
242 posts
42 upvotes
can someone confirm online store like blackcircle are eligible for factory rebate? through my read on the rebate fine print, they are not.

Offer Details

OFFER VALID APRIL 1-MAY 12, 2019

***Claim form required. Limit 1 reward per each set of 4 eligible tires purchased; limit 3 rewards per household, customer or address. For eligible tires and complete details, see your participating Bridgestone retailer or BridgestoneTire.ca. Eligible tires must be purchased in-store from a participating Bridgestone retailer’s inventory April 1-May 12, 2019. OFFER EXCLUDES COSTCO AND ONLINE PURCHASES. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Apr 3, 2010
448 posts
475 upvotes
Vincentec wrote: can someone confirm online store like blackcircle are eligible for factory rebate? through my read on the rebate fine print, they are not.
It depends on the manufacturer. Some, like Bridestone-Firestone, exclude online-only retailers, but most don't. If you look at the rebate list on blackcircles.ca, they are all the ones who will give rebates for purchases from that site.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2209 posts
1682 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Vincentec wrote: can someone confirm online store like blackcircle are eligible for factory rebate? through my read on the rebate fine print, they are not.

Offer Details

OFFER VALID APRIL 1-MAY 12, 2019

***Claim form required. Limit 1 reward per each set of 4 eligible tires purchased; limit 3 rewards per household, customer or address. For eligible tires and complete details, see your participating Bridgestone retailer or BridgestoneTire.ca. Eligible tires must be purchased in-store from a participating Bridgestone retailer’s inventory April 1-May 12, 2019. OFFER EXCLUDES COSTCO AND ONLINE PURCHASES. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
As Hotdiggety mentions above. Some are fine, some are not.
And another thing I noticed are some actually insist on seeing the tires and installation on the same invoice. I know Yokohama did that last year at least when I bought 2 sets of AVID ASCEND GT tires for mine and the Wife's car.

Actually seems to be the same thing this year.. I just checked and clause #8 on their latest rebate form states the following"
8. The invoice from a CANADIAN AUTHORIZED RETAIL DEALER must clearly identify the tire dealer name, invoice number, date of purchase, tread pattern name, tire size, customer or business name, quantity purchased and the installation/mounting fees. Tires must be purchased and installed at the same authorized Canadian Yokohama Tire dealer.
I bought mine from 4tires.ca, and they would not have qualified for the rebate. Luckily my mechanic is a good buddy of mine, so he added 2 sets of tires on the invoice, printed me a copy, and then removed them before finalizing it :) And since he does sell yokohama tires, I had no issue getting my rebate.

So you do need to look at the fine print.
May 1, 2007
14 posts
8 upvotes
East York
the price on the vikingcontacts went up again.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1927 posts
1372 upvotes
Toronto
Need 225-60-17 winter tires. was thinking michelin xi3
Sep 6, 2016
126 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary
I ordered a set of Cdn Tire's Motomaster WInter Edge on sale for 25% off. Ok, they may not be quite in the same league as some of the other tires mentioned here, but they're probably pretty close. By most accounts they're a decent performing winter tire that are also very quiet on the road.

HOWEVER, a few reviews mentioned incredibly rapid tread wear, with some barely getting a season out of them. I thought I could buy extended warranty and be covered. Nope. I found out their extended warranty only covers road hazard (like most others I guess). And CT does not specify a km warranty on the tires either. So back they go.

BTW, if you're looking for alloy rims, CT has a decent sale on right now, and they don't look terribly ugly either. Can't go wrong with these I guess, other than they probably weigh a tonne. We'll see when I get them.
Jan 19, 2006
211 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP! I ordered some of the Michelin Snow's yesterday. Amazing price (used code PERK2020 to get the 10% off). Only wish 18" tires weren't so pricey...
Sep 6, 2011
245 posts
76 upvotes
Does anyone know of an online retailer for RV tires? I checked this site and also 4tires but they don't carry this size. I'm looking for Michelin ZX 245 70R 19.5

Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1927 posts
1372 upvotes
Toronto
kevinyvr wrote: For those in the GTA, I was thinking of getting VikingContact 7s from blackcircles + install but I gave Tires23 in Mississauga a call and 225/65/17 was $750 mounted/installed/balanced vs $760 with blackcircles with local install and PERKOPOLIS code.

Also checked Michelin X-ice Snows and it's $880 at Tires23 vs $918 at blackcircles w/ install.

Tires23 also eligible for rebates starting soon.
I called this place

michelin x snows 225 / 60 /17 + steel wheels. Mounting, installation, balancing, all in. $1200 incl taxes.

No cash discount.

Works out to $26 cheaper than BlackCircles.

I'm gonna try to get steel wheels from somewhere else
Sep 6, 2016
126 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary
Why did some of you decide on the pricey X-Ice Snow? It's 25% more expensive than other top performing tires, like the VikingContact 7 for example. There's no way it's 25% better in overall performance.

I'm guessing it's because it probably can last a season or two longer than these other brands. In which case the price premium is probably justified. And it's probably slightly better performing than most of the top brands out there. Decisions decisions ...
Mar 26, 2017
336 posts
181 upvotes
I have a 2020 CR-V Sport.. I already got 17" rims for it, I was wondering what tires I should get for them. I was going to get blizzak from costco but I much prefer Michelin with their threadware warranty.

I can buy x-ice snow at costco Tire Size: 235/65R17/XL for $1,170.61 including install

Blackcircle doesn't have em in my size and I'm not sure where else to find these tires?

Anyone know where else I could get these for cheaper?
Dec 31, 2012
158 posts
80 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone know if the Continental Rebate will stack with this? ($60 visa) If I purchase Oct 1st or after.
Do I need to have them installed for the rebate or can they be shipped to my home?
Nov 1, 2008
556 posts
356 upvotes
Canada
Gord18Stirr wrote: I have a 2020 CR-V Sport.. I already got 17" rims for it, I was wondering what tires I should get for them. I was going to get blizzak from costco but I much prefer Michelin with their threadware warranty.

I can buy x-ice snow at costco Tire Size: 235/65R17/XL for $1,170.61 including install

Blackcircle doesn't have em in my size and I'm not sure where else to find these tires?

Anyone know where else I could get these for cheaper?
Have 2020 CR-V Sport as well. Also looking for for winters. Where did you get the 17" rims?
==================================================
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1779 posts
386 upvotes
Vaughan
Wondering if anyone can help with suggestions. Want winter tires and rims for my 2019 Malibu premiere. Pretty sure the tire size is 245/45R18 but need to make sure. Bought Michellin LATITUDE TOUR from Costco for my other car a couple years ago along with steel wheels for ~1200 and love those. Would like to go with Michellin again if possible.

Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)