Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Blackcircles

Flash Sale - Save 12% on a Set of Eligible Michelin, Pirelli or Continental Tires (Oct 27-28)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2021 1:21 pm
Newbie
Jan 4, 2019
48 posts
22 upvotes
Ordered Pirelli all-seasons from these guys in March.

Ordering on their website was simple - had the tires delivered to Active Green & Ross for installation (price for installation, balancing, disposal fee, etc. was included in total price)

Highly recommended!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18124 posts
9192 upvotes
HawaiianGate wrote: I see a lot of threads on RFD from this website. Is this actually a good/safe place to buy tires from? I usually just get them from Costco.
Blackcircles appears to provide compensation for some of the posts.

That said, they are a legitimate company and there have been dozens of RFD'ers who post they are satisfied with their purchase. Enough long-time posters have posted that it seems reasonable to think they are legitimate posts. Their deals are good, not the as good as the CT clearance deals, but good deals that give you a big variety of brands / models to pick from.

Buying local may offer benefits such as free flat repair and such, and is one of the reasons that Costco is so popular with all that they offer. However, Costco is a good example of a store with very few brands / models.
Sr. Member
Jul 25, 2019
535 posts
220 upvotes
Continental VikingContact 7's vs Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's for my GTI.... hmmmmm. I'm looking for something that is good in the rain (Vancouver). Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sr. Member
Jul 25, 2019
535 posts
220 upvotes
iebnpp wrote: This is an amazing deal. I bought my set of 4 Continental VikingContact7 winter tires from BlackCircles.ca right before Labour Day two months ago when they had 10% off, which turned out to be about $65 off (I missed the $80 discount deal).

I was anticipating a price hike across different manufacturers from September onwards. The price, at least on BlackCircles, for the same set of VikingContact7 tires has since gone up by $5 each. The current 12% off promotion basically negates the price hike. Combined with the manufacturer's rebate, this deal is $60 cheaper than what I paid for. I'd highly recommend anyone on the fence to take advantage of this deal. OP got my upvote.
Are you happy with these tires? Anything that swayed you to them vs. the Michelin's?
Newbie
Dec 20, 2011
77 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary
beancounter6 wrote: Are you happy with these tires? Anything that swayed you to them vs. the Michelin's?
I won't be using the tires until next month, so I don't have much to comment yet.

Consumer Reports (available for free through local library online resources) rank VikingContact7 behind WS-90 and X-Ice Snow, tying for the top spot. See screenshot attached. I thought VikingContact7 seemed to have a great rating for its price compared to Michelin, so I went with it. My new tires are made in Germany, so that's a bonus too.

My buddy is a big fan of Nokian winter tires. I might give them a try next time I buy.
Images
  • Screenshot 2021-10-27 153627.png
Member
Jun 28, 2021
399 posts
509 upvotes
guri21 wrote: can we take these tires to Costco/Canadian Tire for installation? Asking because Costco/CT has more locations & offer free repairs in case of any incident
Looks like you have to buy the tires from them to qualify for the incident coverage.

"You must have purchased the tires from Costco Wholesale."

https://tires.costco.ca/RoadHazardWarra ... lang=en-CA

"Tires that have been purchased and installed at Canadian Tire are backed by our complementary Tire Care Guarantee."

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/customer ... ranty.html
Sr. Member
Jul 25, 2019
535 posts
220 upvotes
iebnpp wrote: I won't be using the tires until next month, so I don't have much to comment yet.

Consumer Reports (available for free through local library online resources) rank VikingContact7 behind WS-90 and X-Ice Snow, tying for the top spot. See screenshot attached. I thought VikingContact7 seemed to have a great rating for its price compared to Michelin, so I went with it. My new tires are made in Germany, so that's a bonus too.

My buddy is a big fan of Nokian winter tires. I might give them a try next time I buy.
Thanks for sharing. Yea, I'm leaning towards the VikingContact's. They're like $150 cheaper than the Michelins. Seeing a lot of mixed reviews, some say better, some say not so good. Realistically, doubt you'd really notice much of a difference.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2949 posts
5057 upvotes
Atlantic
beancounter6 wrote: Thanks for sharing. Yea, I'm leaning towards the VikingContact's. They're like $150 cheaper than the Michelins. Seeing a lot of mixed reviews, some say better, some say not so good. Realistically, doubt you'd really notice much of a difference.
VikingContacts for longevity vs the WS90.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 3, 2007
2227 posts
1302 upvotes
Vancouver
beancounter6 wrote: Continental VikingContact 7's vs Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's for my GTI.... hmmmmm. I'm looking for something that is good in the rain (Vancouver). Any suggestions?

Thanks!
In the rain I'd take the Pilot Alpins for sure they are marketed as a sport winter tire. Contact 7 perform more in line with the WS90. If the WS90 was anything similar to the WS80 which I had they were okay in the rain but very soft on the dry however on deep snow the Blizzaks were amazing.
Member
Dec 18, 2019
457 posts
294 upvotes
Calgary
Just received my VikingContacts - manufactured in 2020 as per the DOT.
Last edited by Metalheart on Oct 28th, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Sr. Member
Jul 25, 2019
535 posts
220 upvotes
Went with the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's. Hopefully the tires aren't old. No idea how these guys compete on price.... they're like $250 cheaper than anywhere else I could find.
Sr. Member
Sep 23, 2018
593 posts
521 upvotes
Just to add and if anyone is not in hurry, you can wait for costco boxing day sale

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus 2 is expensive right now here.
I ordered at costco with 20% labor day sale which had final cost of $544 + tax+ installation
vs here with 12% off Total CA $639.04 + tax + installation
difference of $100 and Costco warranty.

My 2c.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2949 posts
5057 upvotes
Atlantic
Surprisingly...offer still working. Another 12 hours to get your orders in with this 12% promotion.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 3, 2006
2932 posts
1325 upvotes
I can never find a reasonable price for 315/35/21...
Sr. Member
Mar 15, 2013
843 posts
461 upvotes
Fredericton
I can not get it to work on the Continentals. Says code not valid even though there is 10hrs left.
Sr. Member
Mar 7, 2011
661 posts
497 upvotes
Paris
For my van, i found quattro tires to be better. I think quattro shines when you need the rim PLUS tpms.. ordered all online..
Images
  • 7B88E502-899C-47E5-87A2-D6F2245A397A.jpeg
  • A3B96F31-20F0-4934-838E-C47D3FF1076E.jpeg
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 3, 2007
2227 posts
1302 upvotes
Vancouver
hi-tech wrote: I can never find a reasonable price for 315/35/21...
Uncommon size, big tires. When you buy a sports car or something high powered you better be prepared to pay the piper when it comes to tires.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2949 posts
5057 upvotes
Atlantic
gmoney506 wrote: I can not get it to work on the Continentals. Says code not valid even though there is 10hrs left.
Yes I noticed that with the VikingContacts last night....couldn't get the full 12%. But now it seems to have been fixed this morning - HALLOWEEN2021 is working for a 12% discount.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2949 posts
5057 upvotes
Atlantic
kaijujager wrote: For my van, i found quattro tires to be better. I think quattro shines when you need the rim PLUS tpms.. ordered all online..
?

Blackcircles sale is having a sale on specific tires - Michelin, Contis and Pirellis.......and you're comparing this to buying a Cooper tire?

In any business, you are going to be able to find certain items/brands/models cheaper than other businesses that don't have them on sale.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4130 posts
4357 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
beancounter6 wrote: Continental VikingContact 7's vs Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's for my GTI.... hmmmmm. I'm looking for something that is good in the rain (Vancouver). Any suggestions?

Thanks!
beancounter6 wrote: Went with the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's. Hopefully the tires aren't old. No idea how these guys compete on price.... they're like $250 cheaper than anywhere else I could find.
I think you went with the right call. VC7's will be better in the snow, but if we're talking just cold/wet performance I think the PA4's will be a much better pick if you like to drive sporty.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)