Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Blackcircles

Flash Sale - Save 12% on a Set of Eligible Michelin, Pirelli or Continental Tires (Oct 27-28)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2021 1:21 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3712 posts
4080 upvotes
Montreal, QC
There is no one place that is always cheaper than the other. Yo need to do some homework and compare each place with all the rebates available.

Recently I was checking for some 16" michelin x-ice snow tires for a friend, and even checking quattro and blackcircles with their 8% discounts, Costco (for this model at least) was cheaper overall.

Costco was $20 cheaper per tire out of the gate. So even with 8% off from the other various tire shops, they were still cheaper. And then the big clincher was that costco, instead of just $70 mail in rebate, they offer a $100 instant rebate. So after all the calculations, costco was cheaper.

2 years ago when I was looking for summer tires for mine and my wife's cars, I ended up getting 2 sets of Toyo Avid Ascend, and turned out that 4tires.ca was the cheapest, but a good margin (since they were offering weekend extra rebates, and for some strange reason, every weekend, many of thier tires would drop by $10 per tire back then. System glitch or intentional, I took advantage of it, and got an awesome price after all rebates for those tires.

So I tell people usually, compare, blackcircles, quattro, 4tires, and then costco. Factor in all rebates (store and manufacturer) and then decide. Instead of mail-in rebates, costco often has instant ones, which are great for those who hate mail-in. And the instant ones are sometimes a little higher than the mail-in, so they may offset the possible higher price from costco. Put everything you want in your carts, and go all the way to checkout and compare the final prices.

With work from home still being a thing, and not using my vehicle as much, I will probably hold off till next year to replace my winters. Tread is still good, but they are getting pretty old.
Jul 25, 2019
535 posts
220 upvotes
Ecsta wrote: I think you went with the right call. VC7's will be better in the snow, but if we're talking just cold/wet performance I think the PA4's will be a much better pick if you like to drive sporty.
Yea, I called like 4 tire shops and this was the general consensus.
Mar 7, 2011
661 posts
497 upvotes
Paris
EasyCompany251 wrote: ?

Blackcircles sale is having a sale on specific tires - Michelin, Contis and Pirellis.......and you're comparing this to buying a Cooper tire?

In any business, you are going to be able to find certain items/brands/models cheaper than other businesses that don't have them on sale.
I was just trying to help others who need a set vs just the tires.. added the pics for reference only for those like me who need a set. Got lazy and did not mention the REBATE8 code in the pics for 8% off. If they want conti’s etc then feel free to run it themselves with their choice of rims/tpms..
Jul 25, 2019
535 posts
220 upvotes
Ordered Thursday, tires came today. DOT'21. Overall saved a little over $200 (installed at my local garage) vs. purchasing from Costco. 10/10 experience.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
13373 posts
7637 upvotes
Mellow D wrote: I ordered some tires a month ago from these guys and had such a great experience that I bought another set a couple days ago with a 9% discount. Now that I saw the flash sale for 12%, I decided to give their customer service a call and get a price adjustment for the tires I just bought. They were able to do it without hassle, so I suggest giving them a call. 2% is 2%, lol.
Ummmm.... 3%?
Dec 18, 2019
457 posts
294 upvotes
Calgary
Gutty96 wrote: Ummmm.... 3%?
I think OP was replying to my post where I said I had 10% off applied to my order, and then this promo popped up. I was debating whether I should leave as is, and OP suggested to give them a call, which I successfully did. Cheers
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
13373 posts
7637 upvotes
Metalheart wrote: I think OP was replying to my post where I said I had 10% off applied to my order, and then this promo popped up. I was debating whether I should leave as is, and OP suggested to give them a call, which I successfully did. Cheers
Oh maybe.

I was just thinking 12-9=3 from the post I quoted.
Feb 13, 2009
112 posts
47 upvotes
Surrey, BC
This 12% off was a great deal. Factored in with the Michelin rebate, I got a pretty good deal on the Michelin x ice snow.
Feb 13, 2009
348 posts
160 upvotes
montreal, qc
HawaiianGate wrote: I see a lot of threads on RFD from this website. Is this actually a good/safe place to buy tires from? I usually just get them from Costco.
I bought a couple of months ago and got 2 day FedEx delivery. Their phone support was also very good.

The tires are shipped from major tire distributors.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2917 posts
4995 upvotes
Atlantic
Sale still seems to be on - at least with Michelin Xice Snow and VikingContact 7.
Aug 16, 2020
873 posts
164 upvotes
Which tires are good for a toyota camry 10years old car?

I am noob in this so please help and suggest.
Thanks..
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2003
1460 posts
71 upvotes
Ordered a set of VC7 and they sent me a set from 16 week of 2019. Called customer service and they keep insisting they are fine, and give me a story about tire shortage everywhere else. Anyone else have issues with receiving old stock from these guys?

I really don't want to pay almost 1k for a set of old winter tires for almost 2.5 years ago, plus shipping it back for another 15 bucks each tire. Ordered from them a few times before but this is probably the last time I'll order from these guys going forward.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2917 posts
4995 upvotes
Atlantic
coconut_head wrote: Ordered a set of VC7 and they sent me a set from 16 week of 2019. Called customer service and they keep insisting they are fine, and give me a story about tire shortage everywhere else. Anyone else have issues with receiving old stock from these guys?
I really don't want to pay almost 1k for a set of old winter tires for almost 2.5 years ago, plus shipping it back for another 15 bucks each tire. Ordered from them a few times before but this is probably the last time I'll order from these guys going forward.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/quattrotires-new-tires-2-5-years-old-build-date-acceptable-2277464/
Apr 7, 2021
22 posts
11 upvotes
I too got around 2 year old tires, spending almost 1.5k and getting old stock doesn't feel good

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)