Hot Deals

Blackcircles

Winter tires - Michelin X-Ice Snow & Conti Viking Contact 7, best prices +10% off

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2021 7:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3737 posts
5351 upvotes
Canada

[Blackcircles] Winter tires - Michelin X-Ice Snow & Conti Viking Contact 7, best prices +10% off

Savings:
10% off+
Retailer:
Blackcircles
More offers from Blackcircles
Update: all the mail in rebates are now listed on blackcircles as well.

Making this post as I previously bought winter tires in August from blackcircles and it turned out to be the best time of the year for it, even though manufacturer rebates weren’t out yet.

Blackcircles has a new special 10% off code for Michelin X-Ice Snow and Continental Viking Contact 7 – VIPCIRCLE2021. These are the top winter tires for performance, and the Michelins are largely made in Canada. To enter the code, add 4 tires to your cart, delete whatever code is in there and use this instead.

The reality is tire makers often raise prices early fall that negate the rebates, it’s a classic move. COVID has added a whole other set of logistical and supply chain issues on top of that, and tires are going up in price quickly. On top of that, the noted supply chain issues are likely to cause tire shortages this fall. So the time to buy appears to be now. Michelin just announced a price increase of 8% for Sept 1 and I heard it’s in the works for other manufacturers too: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/m ... 48697.html

Comparison of X-ICE Snow for 2020 RAV4 Limited (since RAV4 is Canada's best selling car) shows blackcircles is 23% cheaper:

Another comparison to Costco below shows a set of X-Ice Snows I picked is about 14% less expensive at blackcircles.
Happy shopping fellow drivers.

Last edited by Blubbs on Oct 4th, 2021 11:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
503 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2266 posts
514 upvotes
Vancouver
Purchasing through Blackcircles is a bit of a headache. At least it was when I purchased snowtires in 2019. The install ended up getting cancelled last minute because the shop dealing with them didn't want to anymore. Seems like they have some improving to do with the local shops who do the installations. Either way, got the tires and rims from them for my Rav4. The VikingContact 7 tires are awesome. Would recommend!
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3737 posts
5351 upvotes
Canada
Stabilo7 wrote: Purchasing through Blackcircles is a bit of a headache. At least it was when I purchased snowtires in 2019. The install ended up getting cancelled last minute because the shop dealing with them didn't want to anymore. Seems like they have some improving to do with the local shops who do the installations. Either way, got the tires and rims from them for my Rav4. The VikingContact 7 tires are awesome. Would recommend!
I got VikingContact7s from them as well for my Q7.

Had no issues at all with that order or the other one I've made. They've been great. Plus, Canadian company.

Sounds like your shop was displeased about something and made a fuss!

Those vikings grip amazing in winter.
Last edited by Blubbs on Aug 13th, 2021 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 24, 2020
351 posts
822 upvotes
MB
I had amazing experience with Blackcircles back in spring 2020.
Ordered Continental PureContact and received them in 2-3 days after, delivered fast and price was great.
Supplied tires were freshly manufactured. Awesome
Last edited by Hauntednsk on Aug 13th, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2266 posts
514 upvotes
Vancouver
Blubbs wrote: I got VikingContact7s from them as well for my Q7.

Had no issues at all with that order or the other one I've made. They've been great. Plus, Canadian company.

Sounds like your shop was displeased about something and made a fuss!

Those vikings grip amazing in winter.
Perhaps. Or they have made their process better since 2019. I think they were newer in Canada (or at least in BC) at the time, so maybe just setting up relationships etc. Eitherway, I did get my tires. They were an excellent price and would buy again.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3737 posts
5351 upvotes
Canada
Stabilo7 wrote: Perhaps. Or they have made their process better since 2019. I think they were newer in Canada (or at least in BC) at the time, so maybe just setting up relationships etc. Eitherway, I did get my tires. They were an excellent price and would buy again.
Yeah, that's true. I think they are a fairly new company. Probably smoother in more recent times, with more established relationships etc.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
1178 posts
575 upvotes
i've been tracking the x-ice snow on costco for a while. they often have $100 cash card offer (equivalent to $100 off given how much our family typically spends at costco) so price works out to be the same as this but with installation and the peace of mind of fixing nail holes for free for the life of the tires (living in montreal, ive needed the service at least once a year every year for the last 7 years).
she may be payin for dinner, but i'll be earnin it later!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3737 posts
5351 upvotes
Canada
PsychoMantis wrote: i've been tracking the x-ice snow on costco for a while. they often have $100 cash card offer (equivalent to $100 off given how much our family typically spends at costco) so price works out to be the same as this but with installation and the peace of mind of fixing nail holes for free for the life of the tires (living in montreal, ive needed the service at least once a year every year for the last 7 years).
Just to be clear, they charge $80 for installation, so it's not included, but I think you are talking about a convenience factor? All good.

And in two weeks the price of Michelins is going up, there is no cash back offer with Costco at the moment, it is the start of winter tire buying season, and if they ever have one it will likely be after the price increase. Plus if you want Vikings they don't carry them. So I think it's pretty valid to post this deal! But fair points :).
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1647 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
Don’t Costco has for same price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3737 posts
5351 upvotes
Canada
ysl5710 wrote: Don’t Costco has for same price.
Not even close in most cases.

Comparison of X-ICE Snow for 2020 RAV4 Limited (since RAV4 is Canada's best selling car) shows blackcircles is 23% cheaper:

Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3372 posts
1101 upvotes
Toronto
Costco prices are slightly higher to include balance and rotation post purchase.
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Apr 15, 2012
261 posts
384 upvotes
the VIPCIRCLE2021 discount code seems to work on the cross climate 2 as well. didnt try other tires
Aug 6, 2009
554 posts
257 upvotes
PoCo
My 2017 Nissan Murano will need a set of new tires by October according to the dealership when i brought it in around April. About, 60k on original tires. I'm thinking of having a set of dedicated winter set as I have 2 toddlers for peace of mind for the whole family when driving around winter time. I know Vancouver area doesn't really get harsh winter climate but still, safety issue for us and vehicles around as well.

Is it ok to buy this now, and have it installed by October? Just wondering if they will have it cheaper or a sale around that time.
Dec 7, 2005
148 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga
olwe wrote: My 2017 Nissan Murano will need a set of new tires by October according to the dealership when i brought it in around April. About, 60k on original tires. I'm thinking of having a set of dedicated winter set as I have 2 toddlers for peace of mind for the whole family when driving around winter time. I know Vancouver area doesn't really get harsh winter climate but still, safety issue for us and vehicles around as well.

Is it ok to buy this now, and have it installed by October? Just wondering if they will have it cheaper or a sale around that time.
Buy now b4 prices go up, install later if anything, usually it's the best time to buy tires at the end of the season as they are clearing them out.

Since price gonna increase, no pt of waiting for the rebate up to $100, the $100 would only cover the price increase, so u end up losing out in the end
Last edited by thingieing on Aug 13th, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 15, 2012
261 posts
384 upvotes
olwe wrote: My 2017 Nissan Murano will need a set of new tires by October according to the dealership when i brought it in around April. About, 60k on original tires. I'm thinking of having a set of dedicated winter set as I have 2 toddlers for peace of mind for the whole family when driving around winter time. I know Vancouver area doesn't really get harsh winter climate but still, safety issue for us and vehicles around as well.

id seriously consider the cross climate2 tires. i live in vancouver as well and im getting rid of my xice tires and stock all seasons for the cross climate2s. the reviews are great and it seems perfect for our vancouver weather. we get more rain than snow in the winter and my xice tires arent great in the rain
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2012 posts
3008 upvotes
Atlantic
DJ Trance AZ wrote: Costco prices are slightly higher to include balance and rotation post purchase.
? Costco charges $80 for installation.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3372 posts
1101 upvotes
Toronto
EasyCompany251 wrote: ? Costco charges $80 for installation.

Correct, but you will have unlimited balance and rotations post purchase as long as your Costco tires are linked to your car.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2012 posts
3008 upvotes
Atlantic
Replace winter tires at 6/32 or run them one more season......that's the question.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1007 posts
876 upvotes
joe047 wrote: id seriously consider the cross climate2 tires. i live in vancouver as well and im getting rid of my xice tires and stock all seasons for the cross climate2s. the reviews are great and it seems perfect for our vancouver weather. we get more rain than snow in the winter and my xice tires arent great in the rain
Do the cross climate 2s qualify to insurance companies as running winter tires?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3372 posts
1101 upvotes
Toronto
kronos288 wrote: Do the cross climate 2s qualify to insurance companies as running winter tires?
I checked with TD and it doesn't not; so do check with your company as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)