Expired Hot Deals

Blackcircles

Winter tires - Michelin X-Ice Snow & Conti Viking Contact 7, best prices +10% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2022 1:59 pm
Feb 12, 2006
967 posts
1330 upvotes
kev604 wrote: I had Blizzak WS80 amazing snow tire but replaced them with the Xice Snow for coming winter. I have no doubt the Blizzaks are better deep snow and ice tire but Xice Snow is a better all around tire. Xice Snow perform well on wet and dry roads for a snow tire (important since I live in Vancouver) and have decent treadwear for a premium snow tire.
Blizzaks have been my go to since the WS-60. Amazing for deep snow but the multi-compound always bugged me that after 60% it became useless.

I still have an old set of WS-60s for my STi somewhere. WS-90s are an improvement (as driven in other's cars) but still feel squishy and loud on dry road.

I agree X-Ice from my experience is a way better dry/cold tire for us in 604. It's just overall more pleasant and worked very well when friends have used it going up to the interior during the snowy season.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2251 posts
234 upvotes
Lostx403 wrote: Of course I order a set of Vikings online last night and find the Michelin deal this morning.

Called into blackcirlces customer service to cancel my order...tires already shipped via Fedex...offered me a cancel fee of $15 per tire to stop the shipment, to which I declined and said I'll refuse delivery instead.

See how the rest of the situation plays out.
Where did you find the deal on the Michelins?
Jul 8, 2013
9 posts
12 upvotes
gtadealshunting wrote: Is there a way to check the manufacturing date for these clearance tire from canadian tire? Also, are these Latitude X-Icr Xi2 tire good?
I'll check the manufacturing date when I pick them up, but I'd be surprised if they are very old since this is a fairly common size. Even if they date back to 2019, I'll be taking them at this price.
Nov 26, 2018
199 posts
183 upvotes
Calgary
addicted2it wrote: Where did you find the deal on the Michelins?
Canadian tire clearance as posted on the previous page of this thread.

A set of Michelin's for $220 cheaper than Vikings from black circles in my case.
Jul 8, 2013
9 posts
12 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: They don't charge you until you pick up the order
The charge went through for my online order, but I will not accept anything less than a full refund if I am not happy with the tires when I see them.
Jul 8, 2013
9 posts
12 upvotes
xbr999 wrote: Just bought a set for my 4runner, $688 all in. Thanks man let me give you a reach-around if you're in Calgary.
Lol. Happy to help. Nothing more required.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2162 posts
1191 upvotes
Vancouver
Tucker01 wrote: I'll check the manufacturing date when I pick them up, but I'd be surprised if they are very old since this is a fairly common size. Even if they date back to 2019, I'll be taking them at this price.
2019 even 2018 your good your only going to get 4-5 winters out of them if your lucky not like your keeping them forever.
Jul 8, 2013
9 posts
12 upvotes
kev604 wrote: 2019 even 2018 your good your only going to get 4-5 winters out of them if your lucky not like your keeping them forever.
agreed!
Jul 29, 2020
16 posts
8 upvotes
kev604 wrote: 2019 even 2018 your good your only going to get 4-5 winters out of them if your lucky not like your keeping them forever.
The tire guy at Canadian tire said they sell tires within 5 years from manufacture date.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2162 posts
1191 upvotes
Vancouver
candylu3 wrote: The tire guy at Canadian tire said they sell tires within 5 years from manufacture date.
Good thing about buying at CT you can check the tire and check the date if the tire is 5 years old I would definitely not buy no matter what they tell you 2018/2019 okay but I would not go any later than that on a "new" tire.
Dec 15, 2015
433 posts
407 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
gtadealshunting wrote: Also, I know the general consensus is to stay away from Canadian tire for auto service, but they do offer 5 year tire care warranty if you install your tires there. Would people recommend this at all? Tire installation should not be that difficult for them to screw up, no?
The 5 year warranty of CT for having them install your tires is a 40% success rate for the customer. I had mine done at CT with one of their flagship tires the Continental Truecontact Tires and when time came to claim warranty, man, it's a PiA. After a fight, they were forced to replace my set of 4 tires. My warranty was 1 mo away from expiration yet the Tires were just under 5 years with about 90K of 144K/7yrs on spec. They had to replace because I had a valid claim, the tires were cracking/belt shifted/buckled and dangerous to use. I'm just waiting for my credit card in the mail to buy a set of winter tires from blackcircle.
"With great discounts comes great battle for self restraint"
Feb 1, 2015
86 posts
57 upvotes
thanks OP!! Just ordered Michelin x-ice snow for my Model 3...got a set of 4 for 1147$ with the code! what a steal!! cheapest around for sure.
Jun 29, 2020
34 posts
19 upvotes
harrydeals wrote: 235/55/19

Probably because larger tire size i guess. No one can beat blackcircle pricing though, called all the local shops.

I also called one of the approved installers and asked about their install price, apparently they still charge a fee to install it(even if paying for install package from blackcircles) so it's cheaper to have it shipped to home and brought to store and pay their installation fee(which ended up being cheaper than blackcircles fee by $20).
Odd - this is definitely a red flag. I just called my installer (hi tech performance auto in burnaby) and they advised no additional charges, all installation etc was paid through Blackcircles.
Apr 25, 2020
57 posts
52 upvotes
dornestic wrote: Odd - this is definitely a red flag. I just called my installer (hi tech performance auto in burnaby) and they advised no additional charges, all installation etc was paid through Blackcircles.
Thats the same guys i called! Lol. They said they charge $30 per tire. Maybe the guy I spoke to was new and didn't know what blackcircles is.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
4502 posts
7131 upvotes
Canada
alexander0885 wrote: thanks OP!! Just ordered Michelin x-ice snow for my Model 3...got a set of 4 for 1147$ with the code! what a steal!! cheapest around for sure.
Nice, which Model 3?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17078 posts
9238 upvotes
Ottawa
kev604 wrote: I had Blizzak WS80 amazing snow tire but replaced them with the Xice Snow for coming winter. I have no doubt the Blizzaks are better deep snow and ice tire but Xice Snow is a better all around tire. Xice Snow perform well on wet and dry roads for a snow tire (important since I live in Vancouver) and have decent treadwear for a premium snow tire.
my criticism of the XIce has always been, they weren't that great if the snow is loose and powdery, the type you get stuck in. Hopefully XIce Snow is better for that. XIce were always great when the snow is hard packed or slushy.

Mostly, you won't wrong with any of the brand name tires. Tire makers all have extensive testing capabilities and probably benchmark their competitors.

I'm partial to Nokians and they never did me wrong, but you pay a premium.
Jun 29, 2020
34 posts
19 upvotes
harrydeals wrote: Thats the same guys i called! Lol. They said they charge $30 per tire. Maybe the guy I spoke to was new and didn't know what blackcircles is.
I don't know if this is the answer but we confirmed my appt via Blackcircles. Not sure if your conversation held the same and/or they misunderstood and thought you were bringing in your own tires/rims to get mounted.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2162 posts
1191 upvotes
Vancouver
harrydeals wrote: Thats the same guys i called! Lol. They said they charge $30 per tire. Maybe the guy I spoke to was new and didn't know what blackcircles is.
Just guessing but could be the size of the tires. Larger tires more money that is the case now for many/all tire shops in GVRD. Could be why the guy with the 19s were told there is additional cost.
Jun 9, 2009
337 posts
100 upvotes
Mississauga
alexander0885 wrote: thanks OP!! Just ordered Michelin x-ice snow for my Model 3...got a set of 4 for 1147$ with the code! what a steal!! cheapest around for sure.
Do you buy new rim for the winter tires? I will get Model 3 tomorrow. Just curious..
Jun 15, 2013
46 posts
35 upvotes
B.C.
Pulled the trigger and got 4 Michelin x-ice snow for the car. Will let you know what the DOT is once I get them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)