Expired Hot Deals

Blackcircles

Winter tires - Michelin X-Ice Snow & Conti Viking Contact 7, best prices +10% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2022 1:59 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1036 posts
903 upvotes
Mooooonnn
tietherope wrote: Yeah, I didn't actually notice how long it had been until I posted this. Guess it helps that I didn't go anywhere last winter due to lockdown and working from home.

Just ordered from the Canadian Tire deal. Three tires from one location and one from another. Hopefully they have the stock.
Good luck with that. I found mine in one location they had 8 tires in stock, dot shows manufactured back in 33 and 55th weeks from 2019. With more than 40% off, that is not a bad price
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Jul 6, 2021
22 posts
13 upvotes
Anyone have any idea how much the manufacturer price increased would be? Debating if I should order it closer to the end of the year.
Feb 8, 2006
682 posts
441 upvotes
SkyKnight wrote: The Michelin X-Ice Snow are $240 more than X-Ice Xi3 for my vehicle... Anyone think the X-Ice Snows are worth the cost? I'm willing to pay the difference if there's noticeable difference but not if there's only a small difference in traction. (am in southern Ontario)
I have the XI3 on my Elantra and even though that car is FWD and average traction control it was REALLY good in the snow. The Snow’s are newer and better but that doesnt mean the XI3 arent great tires. Get the best your budget can afford.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1852 posts
1600 upvotes
Gellar wrote: I have the XI3 on my Elantra and even though that car is FWD and average traction control it was REALLY good in the snow. The Snow’s are newer and better but that doesnt mean the XI3 arent great tires. Get the best your budget can afford.
Agreed. I use these on my car too.
They are a top performing tire so it’s not like you’re comparing a basic winter tire to the Snows. If you have the money to burn, get the Snows, but you’re not “cheaping out” by going with the Xi3.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7629 posts
5618 upvotes
Gellar wrote: I have the XI3 on my Elantra and even though that car is FWD and average traction control it was REALLY good in the snow. The Snow’s are newer and better but that doesnt mean the XI3 arent great tires. Get the best your budget can afford.
Arkaine wrote: Agreed. I use these on my car too.
They are a top performing tire so it’s not like you’re comparing a basic winter tire to the Snows. If you have the money to burn, get the Snows, but you’re not “cheaping out” by going with the Xi3.
Agreed. I'd take the savings myself.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2846 posts
1068 upvotes
Has anyone found any winters for the Model Y 20" wheels?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1460 posts
479 upvotes
Brampton
Rely to @APL866
A suggestion...Contact your dealership and see if they sell OEM steelies. From my experience, I had OEM steelies on my Honda Odyssey and CRV and got non OEM steelies for BMW X1 from Quattro tires. The OEM Honda ones didn't rust but the non-OEM were rusting after only 1 season and I didn't drive that much (BMW driven 14k kms over 2.5 yrs before trading in).

I sold my Odyssesy rims at a good price as well as their condition was excellent. Also, OEM rims will not require any spacers or washers to fit as some universal rims sold by Costco or CT require spacers (Hub centric Vs Lug Centric). Steelies are not expensive even when bought from OEM.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2131 posts
1117 upvotes
Vancouver
SkyKnight wrote: The Michelin X-Ice Snow are $240 more than X-Ice Xi3 for my vehicle... Anyone think the X-Ice Snows are worth the cost? I'm willing to pay the difference if there's noticeable difference but not if there's only a small difference in traction. (am in southern Ontario)
Since cost is not an issue than definitely get the Xice Snow consensus is the Snows are a all around improvement over Xi3 so while the Xi3 are capable why settle when you know you can get something better.
Feb 8, 2006
682 posts
441 upvotes
hi-tech wrote: Has anyone found any winters for the Model Y 20" wheels?
I have the MY as well but I'm going to repurpose my 19" Gemini's for Winter. 20" could be a bit harsh if you hit a pot hole but I've also heard people say the 20s are fine too.
Oct 27, 2012
214 posts
55 upvotes
I picked up a set of Michelin X-Ice Xi2 for my wife's SUV that was on clearance for $156.93 per tire. On the flip side I finally signed up for my own Triangle Rewards account.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/tires/pd ... 82703.html

Triangle Rewards had 2 Rewards I activated.

1. 25x CT Money on purchase of Tires
2. $10 Bonus CT Money when you spend $50 or more.

Tires cost $862 including installation and balancing on rims.

I ended up getting back $75.60 in CT Money. Didn't expect that. Triangle Rewards told me I would Have also gotten back an additional $29.75 of CT Money if I had purchased them on a Triangle Mastercard.

Not a big fan of CT, but keep in mind both offers will net your over $100 in CT Money.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
1053 posts
173 upvotes
If I have winter tires on rims already, woudl removing the old tires and disposing them and having the new tires installed cost significantly more? Where would you guys go to get this done at the local shop or should I pay for the installation through blackcircles?

TIA
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10505 posts
3048 upvotes
Montreal, QC
congenic wrote: If I have winter tires on rims already, woudl removing the old tires and disposing them and having the new tires installed cost significantly more? Where would you guys go to get this done at the local shop or should I pay for the installation through blackcircles?

TIA
I called 2 shops around here in MTL, one quoted $50, other flat $75 regardless if I installed them or not (for 17" rim)
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
1053 posts
173 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: I called 2 shops around here in MTL, one quoted $50, other flat $75 regardless if I installed them or not (for 17" rim)
Hmm, I guess $50 for removing old tire off my rims, disposing tires, and installing the new tires seems OK?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5027 posts
3159 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
There's no direct test between both. And don't believe review without actual on track testing (Like the total garbage that was produced by RFD main website)

Only Russia and Sweden actually test the types on track and give actual objective result. Other review from Canada and USA is just pure garbage that they stick out of their ass. It's embarrassing... Oh yes, this tire look aggressive and the marketing document is convincing, I'll give him a 10 this year. It's pathetic.

However from Swedish reviews (three different on track test are made each years, one from an independent government association), Xi3 used to be average compared to the rest of the pack, especially on ice.

Now those same Swedish reviews, the Xice snow is consistently in the top best.
Oct 15, 2008
649 posts
169 upvotes
London
vonblock wrote:
However from Swedish reviews (three different on track test are made each years, one from an independent government association), Xi3 used to be average compared to the rest of the pack, especially on ice.

Now those same Swedish reviews, the Xice snow is consistently in the top best.
Do you have a link to these reviews? I am having trouble finding them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7629 posts
5618 upvotes
anshiren wrote: Good luck with that. I found mine in one location they had 8 tires in stock, dot shows manufactured back in 33 and 55th weeks from 2019. With more than 40% off, that is not a bad price
I've now received all the emails of tires being ready.

4 Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 - 245/60R18 - in Scarborough - $154 each
3 Michelin X-Ice Xi3 - 205/60R16 - in Oshawa - $89 each
1 Michelin X-Ice Xi3 - 205/60R16 - in Port Perry - $89 each

I have to do some driving, but worth the savings.
Feb 1, 2015
85 posts
56 upvotes
tutulau wrote: Do you buy new rim for the winter tires? I will get Model 3 tomorrow. Just curious..
i did not. will use the stock rims i think
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5027 posts
3159 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
FunkyC wrote: Do you have a link to these reviews? I am having trouble finding them.
Yeah, they are hard to find

This is for the X-ice snow and others in the same category. But you get the idea for how to find out for xi3

Tiresvotes give the result in English for 2 reviews.

4 actual real life track reviews from Norway and Sweden

Testworld: https://tiresvote.com/articles/test-wor ... -test-r16/

Vi Bilagare: https://tiresvote.com/articles/vi-bilag ... -test-r16/

Motor.no : https://motor.no/tester/motors-store-te ... 020/181924

teknikens varld: https://cached-images.bonnier.news/bnl0 ... iginal.jpg