Expired Hot Deals

Blackcircles

Winter tires - Michelin X-Ice Snow & Conti Viking Contact 7, best prices +10% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2022 1:59 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1467 posts
819 upvotes
GTA
Ordered Monday Aug 23rd, received on Saturday Aug 28th, shipped from AB > ON Fedex.

I have an ongoing issue but currently being dealt with.

Customer Service is extremely responsive and easy to reach.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1467 posts
819 upvotes
GTA
WL1980 wrote: So every car has to have winter tires in order to claim insurance? Most people I know run all season tires all year round.
I've seen people run winters in summer last week around the GTA.
Oct 28, 2020
142 posts
101 upvotes
AncientWords wrote: If you live in a province that requires winter tires and are involved in an accident where you normally wouldn't be at fault, but are found not to have winter tires, you may then be found to be 25% at fault, for example, in some cases in BC.

Different provinces and different insurers have different rules. If you live in an area with the big ol' signs that say winter tires or M+S tires required October 1 - March 31, you better have then or you can be fined even aside from insurance issues.
I confused about the BC a bit. So if I'm in the Mainland and the rule said that M+S is required, that means I just need to have M+S tires not winter tires right? and I will not got 25% at fault in your example right?
Thank you
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1891 posts
787 upvotes
Calgary
nxmatt wrote: I confused about the BC a bit. So if I'm in the Mainland and the rule said that M+S is required, that means I just need to have M+S tires not winter tires right? and I will not got 25% at fault in your example right?
Thank you
There's no winter tire requirement for the lower mainland. You're right though, tires with the M+S designation are sufficient to satisfy the law. Basically the only tires that won't satisfy the requirement are UHP tires.

BC Tire Article here: https://www.tranbc.ca/2014/10/24/how-to ... ing-in-bc/
Apr 7, 2015
685 posts
660 upvotes
Vancouver Island
nxmatt wrote: I confused about the BC a bit. So if I'm in the Mainland and the rule said that M+S is required, that means I just need to have M+S tires not winter tires right? and I will not got 25% at fault in your example right?
Thank you
The areas of BC that need winters or M+S are "North; Interior; South Coast, such as the Sea-to-Sky Highway; and areas of Vancouver Island, such as the Malahat Highway, Highway 4, Highway 14, and Highway 28." and all those areas have signs indicating the need for winter tires.

I've never lived on the lower mainland, so not needing them there is actually news to me - I've just lived on the island, in the northern zone, and the interior, and just assumed it was the same across the whole province!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3769 posts
1046 upvotes
Home
HoTiCE_ wrote: Amazon ruined the whole Internet's expectations when it comes to shipping timelines lol
Yup, Amazon spoiled me for sure ;)
Feb 13, 2009
336 posts
140 upvotes
montreal, qc
i effectively got next business day deliver upon placing my order.
ordered on saturday, delivered by fedex on tuesday.

when i had a question i placed online tuesday evening, they called me the next day.

the tire date was older (2020) but these viking tires were imported from europe, not manufactured in north america.

i can't complain
Jun 18, 2008
466 posts
220 upvotes
Calgary
With rumoured price of Michelin tires going up tomorrow, and Costco not having them in stock since June (slim chance to be able to claim 20% discount for Labour day) I pulled the trigger today. Blackcircles price per tire $340.19 after discount + eco fee + tax. Costco would be $419.99 - 20% Labour Day discount + tax. $15 difference in the end. Nothing to cry about.
Since I have brand new rims and TPMS that need to be installed, I'm not even sure Costco would install these tires. Somebody mentioned that they will instill tires if sensors are already on rims, but not if they are separate.

According to Michelin, tires are produced in Hungary, so I fully expect last year's batch in any case.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1556 posts
351 upvotes
Montreal
EasyCompany251 wrote: So did prices go up today?
The Continental Viking 7 Winters did not. I ordered some last week and still same price this AM
Aug 28, 2019
535 posts
422 upvotes
Newb question. For anyone that ordered wheels and tires, did you add the installation kit option for $80? is it required?
Jun 18, 2008
466 posts
220 upvotes
Calgary
EasyCompany251 wrote: So did prices go up today?
Winter Michelins I bought yesterday are still the same price today. Just checked.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2416 posts
3784 upvotes
Atlantic
753951 wrote: Winter Michelins I bought yesterday are still the same price today. Just checked.
Same...
Jul 20, 2007
205 posts
20 upvotes
Van
HoTiCE_ wrote: The Continental Viking 7 Winters did not. I ordered some last week and still same price this AM
I ordered last night and it's cheaper this morning by $2 without code LMAO
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
4417 posts
6927 upvotes
Canada
753951 wrote: Winter Michelins I bought yesterday are still the same price today. Just checked.
EasyCompany251 wrote: Same...
Interesting. It could be that there is a delay and it will still go up soon. Or the guy early on in the thread who said he worked in the industry was right about them only raising prices on non-winter tires?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2162 posts
1974 upvotes
Ottawa
Blubbs wrote: Interesting. It could be that there is a delay and it will still go up soon. Or the guy early on in the thread who said he worked in the industry was right about them only raising prices on non-winter tires?
Michelin's official announcement said "up to 8%" on "select" tires.

Some lines will not have been impacted, but they didn't explicitly say which would see an increase.
Oct 15, 2008
649 posts
169 upvotes
London
Prices on the sizes for x ice snow and Viking 7 I was looking at, each went up about 12%
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1924 posts
1815 upvotes
my Viking 7 were dropped Sat and installed on rims. mines are made in Germany and not NS as some other RFDs mentioned , I dont see an update on the price , still same price. might depend on the origin of the tire or the fact that they still have stock purchased at the old/lower price.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1556 posts
351 upvotes
Montreal
smackioio wrote: my Viking 7 were dropped Sat and installed on rims. mines are made in Germany and not NS as some other RFDs mentioned , I dont see an update on the price , still same price. might depend on the origin of the tire or the fact that they still have stock purchased at the old/lower price.
Same mine also made in Germany and no price change. Do they follow the same marking standards that indicate when It was manufactured? I looked on mine and couldn't find anything indicating a week build nor year