Expired Hot Deals

Blackcircles

Winter tires - Michelin X-Ice Snow & Conti Viking Contact 7, best prices +10% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2022 1:59 pm
Sep 7, 2010
51 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
Got a set of viking 7s. My DOT was 2519...blackcircles claim anything under 36 months is acceptable and within manufacturer's policy. I see people here who got DOT from this year...should I complain?
Jan 27, 2007
214 posts
55 upvotes
Edmonton
stevenl_101 wrote: Got a set of viking 7s. My DOT was 2519...blackcircles claim anything under 36 months is acceptable and within manufacturer's policy. I see people here who got DOT from this year...should I complain?
I've tried complaining, they said they have too many warehouses to find a newer set of tires for me...other option was they can process a return for me...but I don't get full money back...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
6206 posts
415 upvotes
Murica
jbone14 wrote: There is absolutely zero concern going with a 16” wheel, the wheel size is irrelevant. You want to concern yourself with overall rolling diameter of the wheel/tire combo itself. Use this to compare overall sizes. https://tiresize.com/comparison/ If you stray from the overall diameter that is where change can take affect, ie speedometer, fuel economy, and sometimes AWD function. If the overall rolling diameter of what you choose to go with is the same as OEM then you’ll notice little to no difference. If anything your overall ride may be more comfortable feeling with a more meaty tire versus the lower profile 18”.

Dealerships are not gospel, they do not always recommend what the factory suggests, but rather what will make them money. Remember a dealership makes nearly all of its profit in the service department and in the business office, not on the car itself. It’s ridiculous what my Toyota dealer was trying to “recommend”, everything was extra servicing, none of which was found on Toyota’s website or in the service manual. If you really want what Toyota recommends go to the source, Toyota itself. Dealers are in it to make money and they make agreements with tire suppliers. Of course they will recommend what they get the best deal on.
Not only do mfr deal with tire suppliers to get lowest price on tires, the new cars these days come with the same make and model tires but less tread depth than you buy at tire shops. Some are labelled different but are a low tread version of the tire.

Get 1 year use of tire before going back to dealer to buy new tires for your 1 year old car. That’s the new trend to draw dealership revenue.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
4441 posts
6990 upvotes
Canada
Update: all the mail in rebates are now listed on blackcircles as well.

Apr 5, 2006
380 posts
199 upvotes
Mississauga
I checked their prices for my cars: not worth it if you add installation ($80+).
Local tire shops offer better prices, installed.
Jun 10, 2017
741 posts
963 upvotes
ol2006 wrote: I checked their prices for my cars: not worth it if you add installation ($80+).
Local tire shops offer better prices, installed.
Which local shops?
Jun 1, 2007
573 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Discount Tires and Auto Glass at Keele and Steeles is my go-to and seems to always be a better deal than these sites all things considered.

I can see the allure on the right package, shipped to your door balanced and ready to install, with a sub-$100 Torin jack from an RFD deal waiting at home to do so. I did this once 5 years ago and they've been great (steelies with Contis from 4tires.ca).

Otherwise, I support the local shops and get a better overall deal, can't complain there.

That said in some cases these deals are awesome and, depending on your situation, could certainly be the better choice.

Thanks OP!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43755 posts
7442 upvotes
Joy City is my go to as well. Lovely service and prices.

For this store that is posted, caution to always check the mfg date. Even though they have sales, they could be selling old stock.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3633 posts
828 upvotes
Scarborough
Any recommendations for installers in the GTA?

Seems like prices have gone up, called a couple places and they're all $100 or $120. Used to be $80 not even 2 years ago.
May 3, 2020
222 posts
39 upvotes
Would 17 x 7 rims fit if the dealer says 17 x 7.5

This is for Nissan Rogue 2021
Nov 26, 2004
48 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
jellytime wrote: Hmm. Weird. So I entered my 2021 Toyota Rav 4 Hybrid XSE. Standard tire size is 18", it gives me an option to put on 16", but when I called toyota they said the smallest I could go was 17".

I would prefer the smaller tire, but I'm going with the 17" just to be safe since that's what my Toyota dealer recommends.
You can go with 16"

Been running 225/70/16 on xice for the last two years on my 19 xse
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8925 posts
1409 upvotes
Fairly expensive for me. 245 40 20 viking contact7 total with tax and discount is $1220. I got them ordered elsewhere at $1300 installed.
Nov 12, 2015
1 posts
Balzac, AB
r1lee wrote: Fairly expensive for me. 245 40 20 viking contact7 total with tax and discount is $1220. I got them ordered elsewhere at $1300 installed.
Is that the winter setup for your LC500? on 20X9 rims?
Jun 18, 2008
466 posts
220 upvotes
Calgary
Face With Tears Of Joy

So I ordered set of Michelin Pilot Alpin PA5 on Aug 31. At the time, Michelin had contest "win back your purchase". Guess who won it?!? Yeah baby!!! Almost $1,500 back to my pocket. First time for everything.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43755 posts
7442 upvotes
Are the tire manufacturing dates old or new?

Not worth buying tires months or years ago
Blanka
Aug 6, 2021
11 posts
36 upvotes
I bought from them back in August before price increases and got 17" Michelin Ice X for $145/tire. Tires were made this year.
The tires came from a wholesale/broker tire warehouse and there are many located across Canada. Your local shop is very likely buying from the same warehouse your tires will be shipped from. i.e. my tires came from a warehouse about an hour away from me and delivered within a few days. So when your local shop says they can get your tires in a day or two...that's probably where they are going.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 26, 2003
5102 posts
513 upvotes
753951 wrote: Face With Tears Of Joy

So I ordered set of Michelin Pilot Alpin PA5 on Aug 31. At the time, Michelin had contest "win back your purchase". Guess who won it?!? Yeah baby!!! Almost $1,500 back to my pocket. First time for everything.
lucky bum ... congrats man.

someone's gotta win it. Might as well be an rfd'er ...
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2422 posts
3792 upvotes
Atlantic
Cool - might check Joy City Tires as a comparison next time. Never knew about it and quite close to home.