Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Blackcircles

Winter tires - Michelin X-Ice Snow & Conti Viking Contact 7, best prices +10% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2022 1:59 pm
Jun 18, 2008
510 posts
270 upvotes
Calgary
miss_swan wrote: lucky bum ... congrats man.

someone's gotta win it. Might as well be an rfd'er ...
Thanks. Call came from "private number" and when I answered there was no reply for 2-3 seconds. I was already about to yell "fly off", when nice lady with french accent (from Quebec) informed me what it was about. I was just a second away from embarrassing myself and possibly not getting refund. She emailed me a form with consent and math question, and had to upload invoice that shows tire purchase. That was it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
bbqoion wrote: Is that the winter setup for your LC500? on 20X9 rims?
Yes lol
Aug 16, 2020
919 posts
176 upvotes
I feel last year the tire deals were better.. Isn't it?

I didn't buy anything as didn't need winter tires and thought we will have same deals this years November..
Can someone please suggest if this is best deal right now or should I wait for 20 more days?

Also steel wheels are expensive on black circles for my car so wondering if any other website or store has better offer for tires+wheels
Jul 12, 2014
65 posts
7 upvotes
North York, ON
What are people's thoughts on the Conti Viking Contact 7's? I got this deal and finally have them installed, but there's a lot of road noise. Almost too much. Is anyone else getting that?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
753951 wrote: Tires arrived today (2 days from order to delivery). Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 SUV ZP, mixed batch. 3 made on 4120 (Oct 5 - 11, 2020) and one on 1820 (Apr 27 - May 3, 2020).
audvan wrote: What are people's thoughts on the Conti Viking Contact 7's? I got this deal and finally have them installed, but there's a lot of road noise. Almost too much. Is anyone else getting that?
Winter tires in general will be noisier than summer or all seasons. Are you comparing to all seasons or to a previous set of winters on that car?
They're supposed to be good though. On a separate note, I put Goodyear WinterCommand Ultra tires on my wife's RWD Model 3 and they're pretty quiet, which should translate to better efficiency. So far so good in the snow.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2019
1418 posts
343 upvotes
753951 wrote: With rumoured price of Michelin tires going up tomorrow, and Costco not having them in stock since June (slim chance to be able to claim 20% discount for Labour day) I pulled the trigger today. Blackcircles price per tire $340.19 after discount + eco fee + tax. Costco would be $419.99 - 20% Labour Day discount + tax. $15 difference in the end. Nothing to cry about.
Since I have brand new rims and TPMS that need to be installed, I'm not even sure Costco would install these tires. Somebody mentioned that they will instill tires if sensors are already on rims, but not if they are separate.

According to Michelin, tires are produced in Hungary, so I fully expect last year's batch in any case.
Oh did you figure it out?
Will costco install new tires on new rims or not?
I thought they would install TPMS and will charge me extra for tpms?
Btw Is tpms really mandatory to install winter tires?
i bought tires and rims both from costco... rims got delivered at home.. tires got delivered at warehouse.
Jun 18, 2008
510 posts
270 upvotes
Calgary
Costco will install new tires on new rims. But they will not install TPMS unless it's theirs (you can't bring your own sensors). Also, they are sometimes picky and will refuse to install tires if they are significantly outside of the specs for the car you are installing on. All in all it's YMMV and you should contact the warehouse that's doing the install.

As for my specific case, the tires are still "temporarily" out of stock at Costco, so ordering from Blackcircles was good move. Not to mention that I won the "win back your purchase" contest from Michelin and tires did not cost me one cent. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than smart.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2019
1418 posts
343 upvotes
753951 wrote: Costco will install new tires on new rims. But they will not install TPMS unless it's theirs (you can't bring your own sensors). Also, they are sometimes picky and will refuse to install tires if they are significantly outside of the specs for the car you are installing on. All in all it's YMMV and you should contact the warehouse that's doing the install.

As for my specific case, the tires are still "temporarily" out of stock at Costco, so ordering from Blackcircles was good move. Not to mention that I won the "win back your purchase" contest from Michelin and tires did not cost me one cent. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than smart.
"But they will not install TPMS unless it's theirs" here by "theirs" you meant tpms or tire? means tires have to be bought from costco or tpms?
In my case i bought both tires and rims from costco... but there was no option to add tpms...
so thats why i asked if costco will install my tires without tpms?
or will costco store have tpms (obviously asking more money for tpms) to install with tires?

great congrats on your buy back prize..
Jun 18, 2008
510 posts
270 upvotes
Calgary
"Theirs" refers to TPMS. If your car requires TPMS they will not install tires on rims without TPMS. They will also not take TPMS you bring. But they will install their TPMS, at additional cost. At least these were all stipulations in the Costco warehouse I frequent. YMMV. It is best to phone your Costco tire centre and ask.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)