Food & Drink

Blackened Chicken (similar to Bourbon Street Grill?)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 2:33 pm
[OP]
Jun 10, 2016
495 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton

Blackened Chicken (similar to Bourbon Street Grill?)

I love the blackened chicken at Bourbon Street Grill, but the only Bourbon Street Grills around me are at the malls and I don't always want to go to the mall (which are both on the other side of the city). Does anyone know of any chain fast food/takeout type restaurants that would have something similar to the bourbon street grill blackened chicken?? I'm in North Brampton if that helps.

Thanks in advance!
19 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15099 posts
11832 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
We talking about black black chicken? There's white and than there's black chicken.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12420 posts
7578 upvotes
Not black (silkie) chicken, blackened: you cover chicken with a cajun bbq rub and grill it on high heat so it smokes and blackens. You can blacken fish and stuff too.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2017
1051 posts
919 upvotes
Toronto
Go to Earl’s restaurant and they have a blackened chicken dish. It’s so good.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
8753 posts
4368 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
You can do it at home but you need a real, good extractor fan hood. Cost me over $2k so I can make blackened food at home.

You need not just the meat and spices but cast-iron pan, really hot burner, and lots of butter too. According to the late Paul Prudhomme anyway.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
[OP]
Jun 10, 2016
495 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
thriftshopper wrote: You can do it at home but you need a real, good extractor fan hood. Cost me over $2k so I can make blackened food at home.

You need not just the meat and spices but cast-iron pan, really hot burner, and lots of butter too. According to the late Paul Prudhomme anyway.
looked into this, but not interested in spending $2k on a fan hood :-(
[OP]
Jun 10, 2016
495 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
hockeyfan1990 wrote: Go to Earl’s restaurant and they have a blackened chicken dish. It’s so good.
thanks, will check it out next time I'm there (but it is even further from my house!)...starting to see that it may not be as easy to find/close to home as I thought!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19929 posts
6862 upvotes
Toronto
muscleflex wrote: thanks, will check it out next time I'm there (but it is even further from my house!)...starting to see that it may not be as easy to find/close to home as I thought!
I have not been to Bramalea city centre in a while. Would that not be your closest Bourbon street grill location?...that is, if they're in the food court there...?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
4135 posts
4031 upvotes
Toronto
Blackened chicken is better than white curry chicken
To the moon
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
5948 posts
3232 upvotes
thriftshopper wrote: You can do it at home but you need a real, good extractor fan hood. Cost me over $2k so I can make blackened food at home.

I have to open the windows whenever I make it lol, but it's so worth it
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29382 posts
14893 upvotes
muscleflex wrote: looked into this, but not interested in spending $2k on a fan hood :-(
Do it outside.
Now it's the yard's problem.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
[OP]
Jun 10, 2016
495 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
playnicee1 wrote: I have not been to Bramalea city centre in a while. Would that not be your closest Bourbon street grill location?...that is, if they're in the food court there...?
yes, there or shoppers world - I absolutely HATE going to BCC though since it expanded. was hoping for a secret local place someone had found, but doesn't look like that is the case :-(
May 27, 2017
361 posts
566 upvotes
The chicken taste like chicken tikka my mom makes at home, I was surprised when my friend recommended it and I tasted it lol
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19929 posts
6862 upvotes
Toronto
muscleflex wrote: thanks for the links! the pics at southern accent are mouthwatering!!
I think Southern Accent is your best bet.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4394 upvotes
muscleflex wrote: thanks for the links! the pics at southern accent are mouthwatering!!
If you do go to Southern Accent, trust me (and the blogto.com reviewer) on this one - try the blackened chicken livers! Even if you don't usually like liver (I definitely don't) the blackening spices make you forget you're eating liver.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2036 upvotes
Toronto

I saw the school kids in the kitchen at bourbon street grill through the little window, cooking it up in a cast iron pan.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2036 upvotes
Toronto
Lolvtec wrote: The chicken taste like chicken tikka my mom makes at home, I was surprised when my friend recommended it and I tasted it lol
Cumin is integral in the Cajun spice.
Roast that cumin and you gots geera/jeera.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4394 upvotes
gh05t wrote: I saw the school kids in the kitchen at bourbon street grill through the little window, cooking it up in a cast iron pan.
You mean that blackened General Tso "bourbon chicken" garbage they serve with" authentic" Cajun soy sauce packets?

Remember, they go by several names, on both sides of the border. Bourbon St. Grill, Kelly's Cajun Grill, Cajun Cafe, Caribbean Queen... all serving the same shit.

http://www.irg168.com/
http://www.irmgusa.com/our-brands/