None
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1680 posts
1167 upvotes
Toronto
any other source? i can't google it....

did they say they were closing down j/ to clear out their current inventory!?
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4283 posts
1386 upvotes
According to that release, stores are still closing
the website will still be operational
I don't see it being all that successful, though
Ebay - 315 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 121 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Oct 7, 2009
747 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
Stores are closing and they stopped selling cameras.. so now they are an online only business for photo prints.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
402 upvotes
I'm fine with an online operation instead - I've never bought anything in-store and only ever went in to pick up my prints.

Shutterfly operates online only (I think?) and does well. I actually quite enjoyed what Blacks was doing towards the end of their days. They were beginning to push out some trendier ideas and was more appealing to the younger people.
Apr 14, 2015
580 posts
175 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
That's nice, I used to always print important photos at Black's. The quality is just way better than Walmart. I hope the shipping isn't expensive though, now that you won't be able to pick it up in store.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1286 posts
628 upvotes
Markham
Operatime wrote: That's nice, I used to always print important photos at Black's. The quality is just way better than Walmart. I hope the shipping isn't expensive though, now that you won't be able to pick it up in store.
According to the G&M article there will be free shipping on orders of 50 or more prints.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2270 posts
69 upvotes
Q: What about Print+, can I still buy a card, can I still use the card I already have?

A: We will no longer be selling new or reloading existing Print+ cards as of June 9, 2015. Customers can continue to use their existing cards for in-store printing prior to August 8, 2015 or by transferring their unused prints balance to the new blacks.ca after August 8, 2015.

Well, I guessing they didn't know this was going to happen since I followed the instructions to call the Smile Centre and have them send me a check for the balance owing me. I could've used the card with their new owners. Oops. Thought I do think it's better to find out if the prints will be as good as they were before. If they turn out to be WalMart quality then I'd be glad I got the money back instead.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1286 posts
628 upvotes
Markham
LOL. Walmart just shut down their photo site due to data breach from 3rd party company they use for this service.
Apr 14, 2015
580 posts
175 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
hoodlum wrote: According to the G&M article there will be free shipping on orders of 50 or more prints.
50 is a lot though, I would usually just print a few 5x7s or an 8x10. For a while they were offering free pickup from a telus location near me, which avoided paying shipping on a $4 order. Anyway, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what their shipping charges and quality are like after the change. Can't be worse than walmart though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)