Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7396 posts
3567 upvotes
Canuckland

Blackthorn/King Durian sellers

Does anyone know any reputable places that sell blackthorn or king durian at reasonable prices?

I’ve tried it in Malasia and I miss It ever since but it seems that durian prices are ridiculous in Canada

TIA
3 replies
Jun 11, 2010
140 posts
118 upvotes
Halifax
i can't help but i have a question...

I've had frozen durian in vacuum sealed packages as well as a whole durian frozen (asian groceries in my area carry both frozen kinds). left to thaw in the fridge and the durian is slimy mush. but when i see durian on youtube it looks pillowy soft and you can hold it in your hand, not some nasty goop that slips through your fingers. is it just because mine is frozen or am i thawing it wrong or something?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2994 upvotes
steva11 wrote: i can't help but i have a question...

I've had frozen durian in vacuum sealed packages as well as a whole durian frozen (asian groceries in my area carry both frozen kinds). left to thaw in the fridge and the durian is slimy mush. but when i see durian on youtube it looks pillowy soft and you can hold it in your hand, not some nasty goop that slips through your fingers. is it just because mine is frozen or am i thawing it wrong or something?
cuz it's frozen
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7396 posts
3567 upvotes
Canuckland
steva11 wrote: i can't help but i have a question...

Maybe it’s been frozen for too long but the best kind is the monthong which is the medium between price and taste.

T&T has them for sale all the time and better deal than the one they sell in groceries regularly