Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 28, 2015
20 posts
Kingston, ON

Blind Spots (G2)

Hey Everyone,

Had my G2 test the other day and ended up failing it. I got a bit confused on when she brought up blind spots. I forgot to check them (totally my bad) but I'm unclear how often I should check them. Handbook simply says check when changing lanes which makes sense but she almost seemed to imply I should be checking them when I'm checking my mirrors (I could totally have misheard, lots of information at once). Just hoping for some clarity on the expectations. Suspecting that checking them prior to changing lanes is what she meant. Thanks!
8 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38194 posts
24382 upvotes
Center of Universe
Good ol shoulder checks.
Shoulder check before changing lanes, going through intersections etc...
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2521 posts
1792 upvotes
GTA
Remember to exaggerate the movement so the instructor knows ur checking the blind spot.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1476 posts
526 upvotes
Ottawa
I would think that just checking them prior to changing lanes is good enough. Make sure you make it really obvious. Move your head a lot more than you should be. Dont just move your eyes.

If you have done that this probably wasn't the main reasons you failed. Did you make any fatal error? Or just small mistakes here and there?
[OP]
Apr 28, 2015
20 posts
Kingston, ON
csi123 wrote: I would think that just checking them prior to changing lanes is good enough. Make sure you make it really obvious. Move your head a lot more than you should be. Dont just move your eyes.

If you have done that this probably wasn't the main reasons you failed. Did you make any fatal error? Or just small mistakes here and there?
It was a few things. I got a really drill sargenty instructor. She felt I could've stopped while hanging right on a yellow. I forgot to resignal after hill parking and I didn't do 360 degree checks after having been parked.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38194 posts
24382 upvotes
Center of Universe
Felverick wrote: It was a few things. I got a really drill sargenty instructor. She felt I could've stopped while hanging right on a yellow. I forgot to resignal after hill parking and I didn't do 360 degree checks after having been parked.
You know the faults, next try you'll get it.
[OP]
Apr 28, 2015
20 posts
Kingston, ON
vkizzle wrote: You know the faults, next try you'll get it.
Thanks for your help :) . Yeah everything that was brought up is easily fixable. Doing the test again on the 25th but have to go to Brockville (none in Kingston until June).
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38194 posts
24382 upvotes
Center of Universe
Felverick wrote: Thanks for your help :) . Yeah everything that was brought up is easily fixable. Doing the test again on the 25th but have to go to Brockville (none in Kingston until June).
Did you check to see if Smith Falls or Perth have any availability?
I herd those smaller towns have a higher pass rate (hearsay, so no facts) :)
[OP]
Apr 28, 2015
20 posts
Kingston, ON
vkizzle wrote: Did you check to see if Smith Falls or Perth have any availability?
I herd those smaller towns have a higher pass rate (hearsay, so no facts) :)
I didn't but might be a good idea.. Only reason I couldn't get in until the 25th is they make you wait 10 days not including weekends now. It wasn't like that awhile ago from what I remember.

I've heard the same thing about pass rates.. hopefully! I drove daily for years so really not enjoying this whole process haha.