Home & Garden

'Blinds To Go' Quality? Compared to Levelor/Bali?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2021 7:27 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1279 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto

'Blinds To Go' Quality? Compared to Levelor/Bali?

Hi all,

Looking for any feedback as to the quality of Blinds To Go window coverings - particularly their zebra blinds. It seems like the window covering market has a lot of players selling generic stuff at cheap prices, and I don't want to pay way inflated prices for a product that isn't much different than the cheap generic stuff.

We like the convenience of being able to go in-store and see larger samples, but again, I'm wondering if their quality isn't much different than the generic stuff that costs 1/4 the price.

Have also been looking at Bali and Levelor, ordering from Blinds.ca on sale - Levelor is about the same price as Blinds To Go, and Bali is about $1K less for the whole house. I know both the Bali and Levelor names - just not sure how Blinds To Go quality compares.

Anyone?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3370 posts
807 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
The one thing that is nice about blinds 2 go is that they don't seem to argue about their "lifetime warranty". I bought a Blackout Cellular shades for a wide window in the bedroom. That's a lot of weight on the pullstring. 9 years after i bought them the string snapped. I still had the original receipt so and pamphlet that said lifetime warranty so i took it in. The sales person didn't ask any questions just gladly took them and said they'd call when done. I think it was a day or two and i got a call to come pick them up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1279 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
Kevinck wrote: The one thing that is nice about blinds 2 go is that they don't seem to argue about their "lifetime warranty". I bought a Blackout Cellular shades for a wide window in the bedroom. That's a lot of weight on the pullstring. 9 years after i bought them the string snapped. I still had the original receipt so and pamphlet that said lifetime warranty so i took it in. The sales person didn't ask any questions just gladly took them and said they'd call when done. I think it was a day or two and i got a call to come pick them up.
Thanks so much for that response - very helpful. How did you feel about the quality of the Blinds 2 Go product overall? Did it seem ‘just okay’, quite good, underwhelming? I’m not expecting Hunter Douglas quality, but just don’t want to pay $4K at Blinds To Go for something I could buy for $1200-1500 online.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
13203 posts
10084 upvotes
GTA, ON
I've bought from Blinds2Go in the past for my previous home. Bought wood blinds and a roller shade. Both were great quality. I can't tell you if they've stood up to the test of time (since I moved), but I can say that the quality was there. I suggest you go into store and check out the samples there. I would consider buying from them again when I replace my windows in my current home. Current home has cheap faux-wood Bouclair blinds installed by the previous owner. Such crap.
Tis banana is IRIE

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
5551 posts
1756 upvotes
We just used them for the 3rd time.

Good selection, decent quality, lifetime warranty on the mechanism. They'll come out and measure and install if you like (reasonable too, $200 to install 9 blinds, including a patio door blind).

Cheaper than major name blinds, though not as cheap as they once were.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky