Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47218 posts
5164 upvotes
Toronto
hvc wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 7:06 pm
No, you'd need 2 bridges.
The addon camera that's strictly the camera is only $5 cheaper than the 1 camera kit which comes with the bridge. So you can do a 5 pack + 1 camera pack, for 6 cameras and 2 bridges for 2 houses.

I wanted to get a second camera and noticed why not pay $5 more for the bridge in case i want to split them up for whatever reason or if my current one stops working, $5 more is worth it.

Could also do 3 camera kit + 1 camera kit, for 4 cameras and 2 bridges too, depending on how many cameras you want.
Oct 30, 2009
119 posts
61 upvotes
Milton
Does the free storage assigned per bridge or camera?
Last edited by kuyaxx on Aug 29th, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47218 posts
5164 upvotes
Toronto
kuyaxx wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 7:55 pm
Does the free storage assigned to a bridge or camera?
What does this mean? The footage is uploaded through your ISP and onto the cloud, Amazon's cloud network. Free of charge, no costs of any sort on top after you purchase the camera kits.

Access the uploaded clips on your smartphone, you can download them onto your phone too if you want.
Oct 30, 2009
119 posts
61 upvotes
Milton
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 7:57 pm
What does this mean? The footage is uploaded through your ISP and onto the cloud, Amazon's cloud network. Free of charge, no costs of any sort on top after you purchase the camera kits.
If I am not mistaken the free amazon cloud storage are 120 minutes but not sure it is per bridge or per camera.
Apr 26, 2009
471 posts
299 upvotes
Calgary
So I was looking at the Blink XT hoping they would go on sale on prime day but they didn’t. The Arlo Pro went on sale so I got those. Three cameras, one in our bonus room and the other two in our kids room. The mail purpose is to watch them if we had to do something since they are still toddlers.

I’m happy with them so far. We only use them to stream and only arm them to record when we are not home. We can also only arm certain cameras if we want. I also have some IFTT rules with them and have integrated them with SmartThings. The other big thing is that these will live stream up to 30 minutes whereas the Blink with cut out just sooner. We needed to stream longer. The app is also well polished and easy to use.

The first use out of box without charging lasted about a month. It’s been maybe 2 weeks and one of them is still at 95% and one is at 83%.

Thinking about adding more for outdoor use. They would be plugged in though.
Dec 13, 2016
218 posts
54 upvotes
GTA
How the blink xt2 does it have a monthly subscription on the cloud storage?
FreedomMobile
DakilangMangingibig
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47218 posts
5164 upvotes
Toronto
kuyaxx wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 7:59 pm
If I am not mistaken the free amazon cloud storage are 120 minutes but not sure it is per bridge or per camera.
Clips are usually only like 10-40 seconds long depending how you set up the camera, 120 minutes is sufficient. You can just delete the old clips once you hit the limit, or set it to auto delete clips 3 days old or older.

I think the minutes is the same for everyone, 1 camera or 5 camera..
Apr 6, 2003
411 posts
37 upvotes
Has anyone got any direct knowledge how the XT2’s compare to the Arlo Pro 2’s?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1793 posts
458 upvotes
Calgary
Would love to get these but reading bad reviews in terms of batteries not lasting, and we live in Calgary.

I have a Ring Alarm and Ring doorbell (2),. Ring is owned by Amazon, and these guys are owned by Amazon, but yet I can;t link anything together (yet)?
Dec 26, 2016
35 posts
17 upvotes
Would it be better to get Wyze cameras if I'm just planning on putting the cameras indoors and having them point outside?
Jul 28, 2010
635 posts
257 upvotes
dxbender wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 6:50 pm
I'm considering getting this camera. It's not convenient at all to hook it up to a power source because my house has outlets which only powers on if I turn the switch on, but the switch also controls the outdoor lights, meaning I'd have lights on 24/7
One solution for you could be disk till dawn bulbs which only come on when they sense it's dark.
Jan 4, 2008
100 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
BlueLightSpecial wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 10:32 pm
One solution for you could be disk till dawn bulbs which only come on when they sense it's dark.
I dont even use the lights to begin with. So no need for it to be on.
Feb 4, 2017
102 posts
16 upvotes
I installed one for outdoor purpose. For night vision they says its infrared night vision. But i cant even identify face or number plate of a car . How i am gonna identify if someone stealing from my driveway or home? Are there tools to improve this infrared recording? Is that how it supposed to work?