Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Blizzard.com

Blizzard - Diablo 3 Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2018 10:56 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1218 posts
1005 upvotes
Toronto

[Blizzard.com] Blizzard - Diablo 3 Sale

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Blizzard.com
More offers from Blizzard.com
Diablo III is on sale from Dec 20, 2017 to Jan 3rd, 2018

Diablo 3 - $12.49
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls $12.49
Diablo 3 Battle Chest - $ 24.99
Daible 3 - Rise of the Necromancer - $12.69

Sale on other consoles as well coming up
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/213620 ... 12-20-2017
The prices on the site seem to be USD so CAD is a bit more.
64 replies
May 27, 2017
124 posts
104 upvotes
Thanks OP! Been waiting for the Necromancer DLC to go on sale. I missed the last one.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1102 posts
795 upvotes
Calgary
Wish I could use my $10 psn coupon but I think it expires by then. I will probably buy it anyway
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1391 posts
629 upvotes
Hamilton
So battle chest has everything but necro dlc? Jeez
Mar 20, 2009
511 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
So someone new to the game should buy either Diablo 3 Base or D3:Battle chest?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Damn, what are the console prices in CAD?

I was going for the Xbox One D3 disc at EB (already own it for PS4) but this looks interesting if the exchange won't kill me.
Feb 17, 2002
970 posts
40 upvotes
Edmonton
Sad there is no PS3 Necromancer pack on sale.. :(
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Taiphun wrote: Sad there is no PS3 Necromancer pack on sale.. :(
Is it even available?
Nov 24, 2008
533 posts
69 upvotes
London
Wow I was hoping they would go on for half price :( Would have loved to get necro for my kids and I for PC :(
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone see a notice of what the prices will be in CAD?

Using the US store's % drop, it would be $47.99.
Apr 11, 2011
416 posts
314 upvotes
Montreal
jsadams wrote: So someone new to the game should buy either Diablo 3 Base or D3:Battle chest?
try the Starter Edition, it's free, personally I think none are worth it, just look at the reviews on metacritic and elsewhere, I would buy for 10$ the whole thing maybe
but well if you like it, then with the d3 battle chest you save a few bucks vs buying the dlcs later
Dec 27, 2015
302 posts
403 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Try Path of Exile.

It's 100% free and much better than D3 in every category.
May 11, 2015
241 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
With the exception of being an interior game in every category, Path of Exile is a good game
Dec 27, 2015
302 posts
403 upvotes
Nepean, ON
TalentedTom wrote: With the exception of being an interior game in every category, Path of Exile is a good game
Typical brainwashed Blizzard fanboy. Probably played 2 hours of PoE and found it too hard without being spoon-fed.

I have 1500 hours in D3 and over 1000 in PoE so trust me - the latter isn't an 'interior' game.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
So, any more news on the CAD price?
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1585 posts
109 upvotes
Newmarket
It's hard to justify the purchase of Diablo 3 even with discounts. I've had friends tell me how much the game had improved since the original beta, but they beta had nothing in it to begin with. I recently played through the game with all content (Reaper of Souls, and the Necromancer "DLC") but I still couldn't shake the fact that it's an incredibly mediocre game compared to all it's modern contemporaries.

Path of Exile

- Free, multiplayer, competitive ladder, different game modes each season
- By far the most gritty, grotesque world I've seen released in this style of game.
- Drastically different item, skill, and loot system than any other game in this vein. Items are actual currency, skills are socketed into items, there is synergy between the sockets, and the actually ability tree/constellation graph are passive abilities to augment your character.
- 10 acts total, 32 unique maps just added. Slow paced combat comparative to other options. The best choice for individuals interested in multiplayer/competitive ladder.

Grim Dawn

- Crate Entertainment was formed from the ashes of Iron Lore - creator's of Titan Quest.
- Expands upon the foundations built in Titan Quest regarding the dual class synergistic system with the addition of constellation trees.
- Dark and gritty, though the general aesthetic is not as savage as the world of Path of Exile.
- Hidden areas strewn about the world for extra content, some just a room behind a wall with some chests, some an extra map worth of content.
- Moderately paced combat.

Note - I played this game heavily in the beta throughout a large portion of content updates, and recently returned to it with the released of the Ashes of Malmouth expansion. This one is my personal pick.

Titan Quest: Ragnarok

- Iron Lore was responsible for some significant changes in ARPGs, most notably a game engine that was fully 3d rendered allowing for a rotating camera, and a dual class system that allowed for interesting synergy combinations.
- This expansion was released by the THQ Nordic team. They were responsible for the anniversary edition that was released about a year ago.
- Moderately paced combat.

Torchlight I & II

- Created from the ashes of the game Mythos, a side project by one of the smaller teams that worked on the original Hellgate:London, Once Hellgate's IP was sold they lost Mythos and recreated it as Torchlight.
- Bright, artistic world aesthetic by contrast to the above games. Fast paced combat.
- For a fun and light game for some mindless hack n slash, I'd suggest these two over the other options.

Another possibly alternative with an "MMO" spin to it is Albion Online, should someone wish to pursue that sort of route. I haven't delved enough into it to officially suggest it with the above games however.
Aug 11, 2004
721 posts
63 upvotes
Etobicoke (Central)
Necromancer pack is 33% off ($12.69 from $18.99).

Still not low enough or enough new D3 content for me to bite and give in for another season.
Aug 26, 2016
58 posts
159 upvotes
game is embarrassingly out classed by path of exile, so unfortunate, but only blizzard is to blame they obviously had the funds to make / update this game.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)