[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
930 upvotes
NOYFB

BLOCK LIST?

Hello Mods,

I find "block list" a flawed feature. It ticks me off to see "XXX is on your block list, click to reveal the post".

What's the point of adding someone to block list if I keep being reminded of their names? :facepalm: How about taking them out of my sight, just like on Facebook.

I know it can be technically difficult to implement, based on some previous posts I read. So it's more of a rant. But if anyone thinks I have some valid points and forward my suggestion to the dev, that would be awesome.
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
30 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
15421 posts
29345 upvotes
Scarborough
Ideally there'd be a user option on how posts from ignore list users are displayed (completely removed from view, and how it works now). Perhaps someday we'll be able to find the time to improve the system to do that. The default PHPBB method for ignore lists isn't that intuitive.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts] [Thread Hiding]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
930 upvotes
NOYFB
TomRFD wrote: Ideally there'd be a user option on how posts from ignore list users are displayed (completely removed from view, and how it works now). Perhaps someday we'll be able to find the time to improve the system to do that. The default PHPBB method for ignore lists isn't that intuitive.
Confused Face

Thanks for responding, Tom.

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10816 posts
5805 upvotes
Markham
Terabithia wrote: Confused Face

Thanks for responding, Tom.
The funny thing is if someone quote that person's response, you still can see it
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
17497 posts
4580 upvotes
Toronto
Sometimes it is good to check what an ignored person said, then click the refresh key on your browser and it goes back to ignored.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13733 posts
2436 upvotes
City of Vancouver
When someone routinely makes negative responses to your posts, and u see their blocked posts repeatedly following your posts, u still feel their negativity and harassment.
De gustibus non est disputandum
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
930 upvotes
NOYFB
playnicee1 wrote: Sometimes it is good to check what an ignored person said, then click the refresh key on your browser and it goes back to ignored.
I'm afraid that's not the point here.

I believe every one of us here on rfd, regardless of our background, personality etc, would provide some useful input to the site from time to time. Even the person I hate the most here could still have some valid points.

However when I add someone to the ignore list it means the negativity outweighs positivity they impose on me, in which case I do not want to be bothered by the individual again.

Though ofc we can all have our own perception of the list .. so..

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Sep 10, 2007
503 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
Unfortunately, I’ve also had the experience is still seeing a blocked person’s comments when they are repeatedly quoted by others responding to them in a few threads where there were great discussions and things to learn. I wish there was a way for me to not see those quotes too, but it is what it is. I just have to stomach those in order to learn from the others, contribute to the thread and hope they ignore this person enough to not quote/entertain them anymore.
pmb

"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."
~ Henry J. Kaiser
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4596 upvotes
Montréal
Unfortunately, there are A LOT of insufferable pricks on this forum. Ofc the majority are decent but there are A LOT of losers, inferior-complexed, incels, etc, just miserable idiots that I have no choice but to ignore and it really sours the RFD experience. The most peculiar and repeated MO of these losers is that they just lash out at ppl for no good reason at all. Srsly screwed in the head and really annoying to have to deal w this periodically.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10816 posts
5805 upvotes
Markham
tranquility922 wrote: The most peculiar and repeated MO of these losers is that they just lash out at ppl for no good reason at all.
So true

Not sure because they are just arrogant or want to argue though
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4596 upvotes
Montréal
smartie wrote: So true

Not sure because they are just arrogant or want to argue though
No idea as I'm not them and can only speculate, but I hate ppl that just wanna be argumentative for argument's sake, no substance but wanting only to 'troll' or aggravate. Waste of time.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8779 posts
2456 upvotes
Becks wrote: When someone routinely makes negative responses to your posts, and u see their blocked posts repeatedly following your posts, u still feel their negativity and harassment.

Would love to see "ignore' really ignore them, including quotes. A few here post relentlessly, follow people around to add useless comments. I have added far more to ignore over the last 2 years then I had previously from when the site started. Getting close to ignoring rfd altogether
Last edited by zoro69 on Sep 13th, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5186 posts
4143 upvotes
This is why I try to stay out of the Off Topic forum lol
Sep 27, 2003
10620 posts
3004 upvotes
Newmarket
hierophant wrote: This is why I try to stay out of the Off Topic forum lol
+1.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10816 posts
5805 upvotes
Markham
Yep, peace of mind
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5186 posts
4143 upvotes
So apparently I'm on someone's ignore list for this exchange in the Fitness & Nutrition forum who oddly enough posted in this thread - some people really have more than few screws loose Face With Tears Of Joy also suggests there may be more of an issue with the ignorer than the ignoree...keeps life interesting I say Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
hierophant wrote: I've watched probably 50 of his videos. I haven't seen that video but this guy does know what he's talking about.

OP, I didn't watch the video you posted but I would definitely want Eric Berg's videos if you want more info on IF. I do IF to lose weight that creeps up overtime. I'm doing it in now in fact along with keto to lose the COVID weight gain.
zoro69 wrote: He does not know what he is talking about. You will find real drs doing videos pointing out all the things he gets wrong. Chiropractor=NOT a dr. The nonsense in the vaccine one is a good example of MANY. Why does he do it? He wants you to buy buy buy https://shop.drberg.com/all-products

But people saying they follow him is a good way to find crazies

edit, I will just add another crazy, who believes a non dr doing an anti vaccine video, to ignore
hierophant wrote: Wow some people are really delusional and paranoid.

Canadian Dr. Justin Fung (MD) says pretty much the same thing as Berg - https://www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting

Just because Berg sells items he doesn't push any of these products nor are they required to do IF or keto.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
930 upvotes
NOYFB
Does not matter which sub - as long as there is discussion there would be conflicts, especially when people happen to be opinionated about a certain topic.

You could even see some people who are firm about a particular product, would not listen and completely pivot the thread till the mod comes and clean up the mess.

Some trolls here would acc talk against other people's family death, dismay etc. I'm sure mods would take down those clowns (usually). Yet what about those that do not fit into this category?

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4596 upvotes
Montréal
You would think so, I believe someone else mentioned ignoring the politics subforum. Unfortunately, the toxicity just seeps onto the other supposedly uncontroversial forums, this was raised in another thread by someone else and it's a valid pt, something is wrong/off w these ppl. It's a sickness of some losers causing trouble for inexplicable 'reasons', they just spread negativity, it's pretty annoying. Heck, I was just razed for asking a simple question in my thread, they act as though I'm being arrogant and insisting 1+1=3 and going nuts arguing w everyone but I'm just asking about a curious thing that happened to me, yet they just piled on. It's disgusting behavior and I shouldn't have to put up w that crap. Thing is I really doubt they will dare talk like that irl, just a bunch of online cowards.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5186 posts
4143 upvotes
Terabithia wrote: Does not matter which sub - as long as there is discussion there would be conflicts, especially when people happen to be opinionated about a certain topic.

You could even see some people who are firm about a particular product, would not listen and completely pivot the thread till the mod comes and clean up the mess.

Some trolls here would acc talk against other people's family death, dismay etc. I'm sure mods would take down those clowns (usually). Yet what about those that do not fit into this category?
tranquility922 wrote: You would think so, I believe someone else mentioned ignoring the politics subforum. Unfortunately, the toxicity just seeps onto the other supposedly uncontroversial forums, this was raised in another thread by someone else and it's a valid pt, something is wrong/off w these ppl. It's a sickness of some losers causing trouble for inexplicable 'reasons', they just spread negativity, it's pretty annoying.
Interesting. My experience has been different...though I generally don't engage with rude folks.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4596 upvotes
Montréal
hierophant wrote: Interesting. My experience has been different...though I generally don't engage with rude folks.
Me neither, I don't suffer fools gladly so I hit the ignore button pronto when I see a poster act like a jackX.