• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 11:52 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
3679 posts
2473 upvotes
So apparently I'm on someone's ignore list for this exchange in the Fitness & Nutrition forum who oddly enough posted in this thread - some people really have more than few screws loose Face With Tears Of Joy also suggests there may be more of an issue with the ignorer than the ignoree...keeps life interesting I say Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
hierophant wrote: I've watched probably 50 of his videos. I haven't seen that video but this guy does know what he's talking about.

OP, I didn't watch the video you posted but I would definitely want Eric Berg's videos if you want more info on IF. I do IF to lose weight that creeps up overtime. I'm doing it in now in fact along with keto to lose the COVID weight gain.
zoro69 wrote: He does not know what he is talking about. You will find real drs doing videos pointing out all the things he gets wrong. Chiropractor=NOT a dr. The nonsense in the vaccine one is a good example of MANY. Why does he do it? He wants you to buy buy buy https://shop.drberg.com/all-products

But people saying they follow him is a good way to find crazies

edit, I will just add another crazy, who believes a non dr doing an anti vaccine video, to ignore
hierophant wrote: Wow some people are really delusional and paranoid.

Canadian Dr. Justin Fung (MD) says pretty much the same thing as Berg - https://www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting

Just because Berg sells items he doesn't push any of these products nor are they required to do IF or keto.
Before responding to someone (online or offline) ask yourself: is it true? is it helpful? is it kind? is it necessary? This comes from an old Sufi adage that is so relevant today.
[OP]
Apr 1, 2015
794 posts
448 upvotes
Scxm Free Zone
Does not matter which sub - as long as there is discussion there would be conflicts, especially when people happen to be opinionated about a certain topic.

You could even see some people who are firm about a particular product, would not listen and completely pivot the thread till the mod comes and clean up the mess.

Some trolls here would acc talk against other people's family death, dismay etc. I'm sure mods would take down those clowns (usually). Yet what about those that do not fit into this category?
Zoomer Wireless happy new customer:
800 mins + 5G LTE data for $36 + $100 new activation credit + $50 credit

Do your part to end the monopoly. Every little bit helps.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
13641 posts
3694 upvotes
Montréal
hierophant wrote: This is why I try to stay out of the Off Topic forum lol
You would think so, I believe someone else mentioned ignoring the politics subforum. Unfortunately, the toxicity just seeps onto the other supposedly uncontroversial forums, this was raised in another thread by someone else and it's a valid pt, something is wrong/off w these ppl. It's a sickness of some losers causing trouble for inexplicable 'reasons', they just spread negativity, it's pretty annoying. Heck, I was just razed for asking a simple question in my thread, they act as though I'm being arrogant and insisting 1+1=3 and going nuts arguing w everyone but I'm just asking about a curious thing that happened to me, yet they just piled on. It's disgusting behavior and I shouldn't have to put up w that crap. Thing is I really doubt they will dare talk like that irl, just a bunch of online cowards.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
3679 posts
2473 upvotes
Terabithia wrote: Does not matter which sub - as long as there is discussion there would be conflicts, especially when people happen to be opinionated about a certain topic.

You could even see some people who are firm about a particular product, would not listen and completely pivot the thread till the mod comes and clean up the mess.

Some trolls here would acc talk against other people's family death, dismay etc. I'm sure mods would take down those clowns (usually). Yet what about those that do not fit into this category?
tranquility922 wrote: You would think so, I believe someone else mentioned ignoring the politics subforum. Unfortunately, the toxicity just seeps onto the other supposedly uncontroversial forums, this was raised in another thread by someone else and it's a valid pt, something is wrong/off w these ppl. It's a sickness of some losers causing trouble for inexplicable 'reasons', they just spread negativity, it's pretty annoying.
Interesting. My experience has been different...though I generally don't engage with rude folks.
Before responding to someone (online or offline) ask yourself: is it true? is it helpful? is it kind? is it necessary? This comes from an old Sufi adage that is so relevant today.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
13641 posts
3694 upvotes
Montréal
hierophant wrote: Interesting. My experience has been different...though I generally don't engage with rude folks.
Me neither, I don't suffer fools gladly so I hit the ignore button pronto when I see a poster act like a jackX.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8415 posts
2092 upvotes
Actually what should happen is like on facebook, you put them on ignore, you don't see them at all, AND they don't see you at all. So that way they can't follow you around with nonsense and attacks as you don't exist to them
[OP]
Apr 1, 2015
794 posts
448 upvotes
Scxm Free Zone
zoro69 wrote: Actually what should happen is like on facebook, you put them on ignore, you don't see them at all, AND they don't see you at all. So that way they can't follow you around with nonsense and attacks as you don't exist to them
I don't see it happening during our times. :rolleyes:
Zoomer Wireless happy new customer:
800 mins + 5G LTE data for $36 + $100 new activation credit + $50 credit

Do your part to end the monopoly. Every little bit helps.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10815 posts
7150 upvotes
GTA, ON
hierophant wrote: This is why I try to stay out of the Off Topic forum lol
OT is a breeding ground. There are members there who spend 99% of their time in there and don't participate (thankfully) in the rest of the RFD forums, which begs the question, why does that subforum and its members even exist then?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5132 posts
1935 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: OT is a breeding ground. There are members there who spend 99% of their time in there and don't participate (thankfully) in the rest of the RFD forums, which begs the question, why does that subforum and its members even exist then?
I guess it depends on what RFD sees itself as. Is this a forum where you share deals and talk about how to use the things you bought (i.e. a forum specifically focused on products and services and "spending money better"), or is it a general discussion community for everything, a mini-reddit (or insert your own comparison)? I can only speculate that the latter is better in terms of numbers, but even heated product and service discussions (Apple vs. Android, my mechanic/contractor is ripping me off, should I buy this condo etc.) tend to be much less aggravating than the general chatter which usually gets pretty close to the politics boundary (I mean the worst someone can say is "you're being stupid with your money", which is a lot easier to handle than "stupid people like you is why this country sucks").
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10815 posts
7150 upvotes
GTA, ON
@Manatus

I believe the main idea behind the forums was to promote discussion about deals, sales, and conversation that then relates back to purchasing products/services. Each forum area you can qualify and quantify how each of the forums and sub-forums can lead to purchasing discussions (i.e. automotive, travel, home etc). The only area that can't really be quantified to dealing with finances or spending $$$ is the OT section(s).
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17713 posts
1255 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
tranquility922 wrote: Unfortunately, there are A LOT of insufferable pricks on this forum. Ofc the majority are decent but there are A LOT of losers, inferior-complexed, incels, etc, just miserable idiots that I have no choice but to ignore and it really sours the RFD experience. The most peculiar and repeated MO of these losers is that they just lash out at ppl for no good reason at all. Srsly screwed in the head and really annoying to have to deal w this periodically.
To be fair, all forms of social media suffer from this problem.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
3679 posts
2473 upvotes
chimaican wrote: OT is a breeding ground. There are members there who spend 99% of their time in there and don't participate (thankfully) in the rest of the RFD forums, which begs the question, why does that subforum and its members even exist then?
Hmmm I would say 90% - there are fair number of angry, bitter, mean people that lack any self-awareness who post in other sub-forums that get so easily triggered particularly with benign posts. I have to remind myself the way people respond is a reflection of them and their mental state so there's no point in engaging with them because there's a lot of projection (things they complain about or don't like is actually things about themselves they don't like). Having the feature OP suggested would be really helpful. I don't want to see these people's name show up either.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
13641 posts
3694 upvotes
Montréal
konfusion666 wrote: To be fair, all forms of social media suffer from this problem.
To varying degrees, but RFD is by FAR the worst experience personally-speaking. Ofc generally ppl are decent here also, but it seems to attract a lot of pricks too. Quite vindicating that many in my ignore list turn out to become banned eventually.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5132 posts
1935 upvotes
Toronto
Last edited by Manatus on Oct 1st, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13100 posts
2185 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Manatus wrote: That's the question, though. Should RFD be a "general social media platform" where people come to talk about anything they want - from the presidential debates, to the Jays briefly being in the playoffs, to what to do if you see a car accident, to complaining about people not picking up their pet waste, and thousands more - or should RFD stick much more narrowly to "stuff", i.e. how to best buy and use stuff, and if you just want to chat for chat's sake go elsewhere? I guess around the "social" in "social media", should this site revolve around people (what users want to say), or around products? It's a challenge though because people seem to be pretty evenly split between wanting a lot more moderation/restrictions and wanting a lot less, and my feeling is a lot of that is people having completely different ideas for what RFD is and should be.
This is not the topic of the thread.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.