Blue Air

Blue Air Pure 411 Auto - $106

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2022 7:51 am
Nov 22, 2015
795 posts
1034 upvotes
Toronto
MooseOnLoose wrote: We love our 211, this will be a good addition, we're always moving it around. Thanks OP.
Where do you get your filters from? Did you look for the best vfm?
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1248 posts
774 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
I know there are positive reviews out there, but I believe it's kind of the wild west on the 'net for reviews, Consumer Reports is a truly independent NGO, AFAIK.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2279 posts
1391 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
I have the regular 411 and the costco winix.

Id say even at this sale its still way too close in price to the winix to be worth getting. The winix is a freaking beast. I also dont like how the 411 only has 3 fan settings, 1 sounds like nothing, 2 is too loud. It doesnt have that perfect white noise balance.
Jul 1, 2021
79 posts
56 upvotes
Vasilyke wrote: Where do you get your filters from? Did you look for the best vfm?
Also would like to know cheapest place to buy 211 filters? Official site has it for $89 :(
Nov 13, 2018
881 posts
1958 upvotes
MooseOnLoose wrote: I know there are positive reviews out there, but I believe it's kind of the wild west on the 'net for reviews, Consumer Reports is a truly independent NGO, AFAIK.
Screenshot of the review rating? I don't have a subscription
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2009
1192 posts
737 upvotes
ssjlancer wrote: I have the regular 411 and the costco winix.

Id say even at this sale its still way too close in price to the winix to be worth getting. The winix is a freaking beast. I also dont like how the 411 only has 3 fan settings, 1 sounds like nothing, 2 is too loud. It doesnt have that perfect white noise balance.
I totally agree. I don’t think you can beat the value of the Winix from Costco when it is on sale. When you take into consideration the cost of replacement filters, the total cost of ownership of the Winix is just so much better than anything else out there - other than the DIY projects.
Apr 22, 2021
58 posts
73 upvotes
GG2012 wrote: Also would like to know cheapest place to buy 211 filters? Official site has it for $89 :(
Not original, but I get mine from AliExpress. Same quality, in my opinion.
Nov 11, 2019
361 posts
207 upvotes
I just bought the 411 auto recently on Prime day, been working great so far. In for another one! Thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7491 posts
4093 upvotes
Toronto
frugal1 wrote: I totally agree. I don’t think you can beat the value of the Winix from Costco when it is on sale. When you take into consideration the cost of replacement filters, the total cost of ownership of the Winix is just so much better than anything else out there - other than the DIY projects.
What's a good price for the winix (sale price)?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2009
1192 posts
737 upvotes
I think last time it was on sale a few months ago, it was $139.99 in store.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2781 posts
1929 upvotes
If someone can print a mug or a shirt that says this Id buy it. This is RFD in its purest form. More pure than that Colombian powder

Thanks OP
Leevini wrote: I bought one and don't completely know if I need it. Thanks anyways OP :)
Aug 20, 2017
204 posts
263 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Not sure what the "auto" is, but the 411 non-auto was $80 in May
yes managed to get one for 79.99 for may..
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1512 posts
2417 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: If someone can print a mug or a shirt that says this Id buy it. This is RFD in its purest form. More pure than that Colombian powder

Thanks OP
That and "Buy now think later"
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
6077 posts
7492 upvotes
GTA
MooseOnLoose wrote: We love our 211, this will be a good addition, we're always moving it around. Thanks OP.

Oops, just checked Consumer Reports. Although the 211 is rated 85/100, best in its price range, the 411 is rated at a low 33/100, and their testing says although it's quiet, it doesn't remove much. Yikes.

Tried to cancel, but I can't find how. Good price, but if it doesn't do much, what's the point?
The CADR for all versions of the 411 is very low. It's less than half of the Winix model sold at Costco. Also the square footage covered is less.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1248 posts
774 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
I reached Blueair and they said they'd stop the order, and email me when it's confirmed.

On their website I see the 211+ is on sale for 315 right now. That's not bad, Amazon low is $265, if you need an effective air purifier soon, consider this over the 411.
Last edited by MooseOnLoose on Aug 10th, 2022 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 24, 2017
77 posts
82 upvotes
I bought this awhile back and I'm happy enough, but wouldn't purchase it again. Issues are:

- The auto mode sucks. Mine is a few feet from the cats litter box, and auto mode rarely kicks in beyond running at minimum speed. When the cat poops and kicks up a bunch of litter I'd say there's about a 30% chance the auto mode will actually recognize it.
- It has three settings (excluding auto). Speed 1 and 2 seem extremely similar. They're both very quiet, and when putting my hand over top, seem to put out pretty similar amounts of airflow. Speed 3 is a whole other beast. I don't doubt its effectiveness, but it's way too loud. Having a proper in between would be nice.

So really, there's no setting I'm happy with. I ended up settling on leaving it at speed 2, but now I have doubts on how effectively it does its job.

FWIW, I also have the 211 and that thing is excellent. They just whiffed on this particular model in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1248 posts
774 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
mikebmt wrote: Screenshot of the review rating? I don't have a subscription
You can access Consumer Reports for free through many local libraries, I get mine through Toronto Public Library.
Nov 22, 2015
795 posts
1034 upvotes
Toronto
MooseOnLoose wrote: You can access Consumer Reports for free through many local libraries, I get mine through Toronto Public Library.
WHAT?! THIS SHOULD BE A STICKY!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
2087 posts
1125 upvotes
Midland
Tousuto wrote: I bought this awhile back and I'm happy enough, but wouldn't purchase it again. Issues are:

- The auto mode sucks. Mine is a few feet from the cats litter box, and auto mode rarely kicks in beyond running at minimum speed. When the cat poops and kicks up a bunch of litter I'd say there's about a 30% chance the auto mode will actually recognize it.
- It has three settings (excluding auto). Speed 1 and 2 seem extremely similar. They're both very quiet, and when putting my hand over top, seem to put out pretty similar amounts of airflow. Speed 3 is a whole other beast. I don't doubt its effectiveness, but it's way too loud. Having a proper in between would be nice.

So really, there's no setting I'm happy with. I ended up settling on leaving it at speed 2, but now I have doubts on how effectively it does its job.

FWIW, I also have the 211 and that thing is excellent. They just whiffed on this particular model in my opinion.
A friend has this one and said they noticed how clean the air seems now. Is the cat waste smell gone?? Do you notice the air quality is better with just your nose?
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1248 posts
774 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
Vasilyke wrote: WHAT?! THIS SHOULD BE A STICKY!!!
Consumer Reports: Reliable, third-party independent product testing. Without checking it, IMO, RFD is too often just a conveyer belt to the junkyard.

Nothing is a deal if it doesn’t last, or do the job.