Blue Air

Blue Air Pure 411 Auto - $106

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2022 7:51 am
Mar 9, 2012
269 posts
237 upvotes
Richmond
Price is not bad. But this one produce ozone like all their other models?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5117 posts
3355 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
Crichtonfan wrote: On the winix purifier there is an option to turn plasma wave off. Can the blue air 411 ionizer be turned off like that or does one require mechanical removal of the unit?
You can't turn off the ionizer or even remove it.

That's how blue air Silent HEPA need to work well.

No ionizer, no good filtration.

Blue air don't call it an ionizer because marketing, but it's a corona discharge device that produce negative air ions.
May 30, 2017
724 posts
291 upvotes
Brampton, Mount Plea…
This, Winix C535 from Costco or a box fan with a filter attached?
Jan 24, 2017
77 posts
82 upvotes
joe2k1 wrote: A friend has this one and said they noticed how clean the air seems now. Is the cat waste smell gone?? Do you notice the air quality is better with just your nose?
On speed 1 or 2 it does smell a bit better. Not a massive improvement, but it helps for sure. On speed 3, the entire room and a most of the hallway smells very fresh, with no trace of litter smell at all.

I just reaaaally wish they had a 2.5 speed. Max power is a little too loud for my tastes.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1248 posts
774 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
This stupid piece of junk just arrived, even though I reached a staff member who assured me it would be cancelled, and that he'd send an email confirmation. Which he didn't do.

RFD lesson, NEVER presume a product is good because the *brand* makes a good product in the same line.

NEVER fall for any *deal* without checking Consumer Reports first.
Mar 19, 2003
419 posts
75 upvotes
CoastalWaves wrote: Is this an error? Why is the AUTO version's clean air delivery rate lower than the regular blue air 411?
At first I thought it might have to do with an automatic algorithm adjusting the values based off the recommended room size, but the CADR for smoke on the 411 Auto is actually higher than the regular 411. So maybe it has to do with one running in the auto mode vs. the other running at manual settings. If the manual's specs is based off it running at a higher fan setting, it would clean faster than the auto which has to wait for detection. Since smoke probably travels in the air faster due to it being lighter and more dispersed, it'd likely be detected quicker by the auto sensor and would trigger it to ramp up its fan speed. Of course none of that explains the edit portion of your post xd
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5117 posts
3355 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
MooseOnLoose wrote: This stupid piece of junk just arrived, even though I reached a staff member who assured me it would be cancelled, and that he'd send an email confirmation. Which he didn't do.

RFD lesson, NEVER presume a product is good because the *brand* makes a good product in the same line.

NEVER fall for any *deal* without checking Consumer Reports first.
What's the problem with them?
Jan 13, 2019
174 posts
137 upvotes
I've been looking at air purifiers for a while. Are these actually worth buying/what difference do you see?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5117 posts
3355 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
datbimmer wrote: I've been looking at air purifiers for a while. Are these actually worth buying/what difference do you see?
It's all about room size

Those are rated for small room.

Don't expect miracle in something medium or big, especially if you don't plan on running them at turbo noise.
Oct 6, 2010
317 posts
283 upvotes
Markham
Mine arrived yesterday. Works well for my intentions. Clean air while providing white noise for baby!
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1248 posts
774 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
vonblock wrote: What's the problem with them?
Consumer Reports testing say that unlike the highly rated 211, they barely remove anything from the air.

Good for dude above who needs white noise machine tho.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1669 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto
Where are people buying the replacement filters from?
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1248 posts
774 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
michiebaby wrote: Where are people buying the replacement filters from?
For the 211, which actually works and is worth buying, and worth replacing the filter for as well, I’ve bought them direct from Blueair.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11748 posts
2602 upvotes
C535,
looks nicer
has VoC sensor
remote control, timer mode, night mode
quiet operation up to medium speed
True HEPA filter
Ionizer can be turned off
Comes with 2 years supplies, so the fan is almost free.

HEPA is important, otherwise you are blowing nano particles around.
cellnerd wrote: This, Winix C535 from Costco or a box fan with a filter attached?
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.
Sep 9, 2016
43 posts
18 upvotes
Tried one for an hour and returned it right away. Maybe not the case for everyone but the unit's noise profile has a really annoying resonating tone from the fan that made it too annoying to run at night, got the Levoit 300 instead.
Jun 9, 2022
52 posts
50 upvotes
very new to this type of product ;

I rent a small room in shared house. roomie smokes in house and it lingers.

do you think this 411 auto will be a good starter to keep in my room or avoid at all cost?
Apr 10, 2018
67 posts
47 upvotes
Having issue with placing the order, credit card side has no issue, it must be the website setting.
Nov 30, 2015
640 posts
757 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
So as far as effectiveness on these kinds of products: Lets say you had a home office in a small basement room without much air movement and were just ripping farts constantly all day. Would this thing make it so someone entering the room wouldn't drop dead immediately?
Apr 28, 2019
227 posts
172 upvotes
toguy wrote: Seems like a price error (should have been the $142.89). These are good (or so I hear) but have also heard filters can be expensive.

Edit: Price error or not, potentially a new ATL (lowest on Amazon shows $154.86).
I purchased the 211+ one year ago and the light has turned from orange (close to changing the filter) to red now (time to change the filter). I used it around 12-16 hours every day.

The filter is around $90-100 from what I see.

Edit: Changing the filter once per year makes sense when using it 12 hours per day. For the product I purchased, the website says to change the filter every 4380 hours / 12 hours use per day = 365 days per year.