33 upvotes

Double down lite [$119.99+HST] Sale Ends Nov 5

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
November 5, 2020
Retailer:
Blue Mountain
All prices in CAD plus HST, for all ages. Limit two per person.
All rates and dates subject to change without notice. Double Down Lite is non-refundable. Resale is prohibited.
Night skiing is scheduled to start Thursday, December 17, 2020 and end Sunday, March 21, 2021.

ACCESS
Includes two, full transferable lift tickets redeemable Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 9:00pm, beginning Monday January 4, 2021, weather and conditions permitting. Blue Mountain Resort operations are subject to Government and Public Health legislation in response to COVID-19 and may change without notice.

BLACKOUT PERIODS
Excludes access from 9:00am - 9:00pm on Monday February 15, 2021.

All rates, hours, and dates can change without notice
17 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1146 posts
1508 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Wow only Mon - Fri... They really don't want people to go snowboarding/skiing this yr with the booming economy...
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2277 posts
894 upvotes
sad that is why it call lite. I can get two for 1 on weekdays every year. No need for this. Weekend is the real deal. Hopefully there will be better deal on Black Friday. Pretty slim chance though.
Last edited by xpressmerchant on Nov 4th, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Ronald Reagan
Jan 31, 2020
49 posts
56 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: sad that is why it call lite. I can get two for 1 on weekdays every year. No need for this. Weekend is the real deal.
How can you get 2 for 1s?
Jan 31, 2020
49 posts
56 upvotes
It's an ok deal... Depending on what regular ticket prices will be. Usually, you can book a weekday for $59-70+ depending on how far in advance you book. If this year they don't have similar prices then $120 for 2 isn't all that bad to be honest. I think regular tickets are $81 or $89
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
1305 posts
228 upvotes
Previous years "full" double down presale price was 99$....

Going to be hard to liten my wallet with this less than stellar deal..
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2277 posts
894 upvotes
Narly19 wrote: How can you get 2 for 1s?
they give them out at the snow and ski show every year. I rarely use it since weekdays there is no time. Most people go on weekend.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Ronald Reagan
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2079 posts
2654 upvotes
GTA
Given the distancing restrictions that downhill ski resorts will need to follow, expect even longer lift lines than normal. Some resorts (not Blue) have mentioned not requiring people to ride lifts with other people they did not arrive with, so it sounds like we may have reduced lift capacity. All depends on what the Ontario and public health recommendations are. Too early to really know.
From https://www.bluemountain.ca/discover-bl ... experience
ON THE SLOPES
To manage capacity on-hill, priority access will be given to Season Passholders (Ikon, Ikon Base, and 5x7®), and guests that have purchased a lift ticket online, in advance.
At this time, we do not expect walk-up lift tickets to be available at the Resort. There may be a limited number of same-day lift tickets available for purchase online, however quantities are limited. Guests are strongly encouraged to plan ahead by purchasing their lift tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
Face masks/coverings are required while in the lift line, and on the chairlifts. In an abundance of caution, we also recommend that guests wear a face mask/covering while on-hill.
Lift loading procedures will be guided by Government and Public Health recommendations. We commit to keeping our website updated with operational changes.
Perhaps because Blue can't have that many guests they don't need to discount these so much, as they can't sell as many as a normal winter anyway.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2277 posts
894 upvotes
karlb wrote: Given the distancing restrictions that downhill ski resorts will need to follow, expect even longer lift lines than normal. Some resorts (not Blue) have mentioned not requiring people to ride lifts with other people they did not arrive with, so it sounds like we may have reduced lift capacity. All depends on what the Ontario and public health recommendations are. Too early to really know.
From https://www.bluemountain.ca/discover-bl ... experience

Perhaps because Blue can't have that many guests they don't need to discount these so much, as they can't sell as many as a normal winter anyway.
No there is no line Monday to Friday. Only weekend is the problem which isn't the case here.

Ronald Reagan
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1410 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
Is this the best deal for weekdays? Need to buy 2 adults + 2 kids lift passes for January.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1220 posts
1163 upvotes
Toronto
How’s blue mountain vs. Horseshoe and Mt St Louis? Never been to Blue Mountain for skiing because it’s quite a bit further away.
Jan 22, 2015
488 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Narly19 wrote: It's an ok deal... Depending on what regular ticket prices will be. Usually, you can book a weekday for $59-70+ depending on how far in advance you book. If this year they don't have similar prices then $120 for 2 isn't all that bad to be honest. I think regular tickets are $81 or $89
With their sketchy T&Cs buying in advance is a pretty risky option for Blue. No transfer, No Refunds, If the weather is a write off you still have to use the pass that day.
They usually have a black Friday deal on double downs but this year who knows.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3897 posts
998 upvotes
Brampton
jillaryit wrote: How’s blue mountain vs. Horseshoe and Mt St Louis? Never been to Blue Mountain for skiing because it’s quite a bit further away.
Blue mountain is the closest to being an actual mountain, its worth it IMO.
I think this has been the regular price for the real double down, I havent seen the $99 for a couple years now.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Feb 17, 2009
25 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
prod wrote: Blue mountain is the closest to being an actual mountain, its worth it IMO.
I think this has been the regular price for the real double down, I havent seen the $99 for a couple years now.
During Black Friday weekend and The Ski Show Weekend in Toronto double down were for $99 (or $109, can't recall).
Nov 10, 2019
275 posts
197 upvotes
IMO I believe ski resorts will be like movie theaters- the fear mongers will stay home while I get to board on pows. Bought this.
Last edited by kimchibowl on Nov 4th, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 29, 2005
652 posts
39 upvotes
prod wrote: Blue mountain is the closest to being an actual mountain, its worth it IMO.
Yeah, I haven't seen $99 Double Down in a long time. Not for Black Friday or at the Ski Show last year.
Mar 25, 2017
163 posts
239 upvotes
GTA
I can confirm that last year the double down was $109 + tax. I can understand the price increase due to the lost revenue from last year and this year not just from the lift tickets but also from the food and alcohol. What I can't understand is them making the pass only good on weekdays. I'm hopeful they will have a deal for for $120 + tax with no restrictions during black friday if not I would much rather save my money for a trip to tremblant then pay $80+ for a lift ticket to blue
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1328 posts
486 upvotes
Toronto
fyi - if you have left over double down from last year because of covid, you can reach out and extend your ticket. I was able to do that with 4 of my tickets!