Nov 25, 2012
102 posts
36 upvotes
ETOBICOKE

Bluegreen Vacations - Is it too good to be true

Deal Link:
Price:
$199
This offer for 4 day - 3 night package was mentioned on Choice Privilege website and you get 15000 ChoicePrivlege through online booking or 25000 points or $100USD Visa by phone.

Basically to qualify for this rate you need to sit in their 2 hr presentation amongst other things e.g above 25 age, married/couples etc.

If you don't buy anything through their marketings gigs, is it worth trying? Thoughts/experience?

Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5411 posts
2531 upvotes
Winnipeg
should be in travel forum...
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24365 posts
1574 upvotes
Markham, ON
these guys arent in it to give ppl cheap vacations...they are in it to make money.

The presentation and hard sale works...im not a client...but know ppl that caved
Jul 23, 2014
218 posts
204 upvotes
Outaouais
vindeep wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2015 12:57 pm
This offer for 4 day - 3 night package was mentioned on Choice Privilege website and you get 15000 ChoicePrivlege through online booking or 25000 points or $100USD Visa by phone.

Basically to qualify for this rate you need to sit in their 2 hr presentation amongst other things e.g above 25 age, married/couples etc.

If you don't buy anything through their marketings gigs, is it worth trying? Thoughts/experience?
Agree with the poster above ... these guys are out to make a sale and they will get borderline agressive ... though if you stand your ground you're ok ...

So i won one of these type of vacations at some resort few years back ... i didn't have to fork out any money cos i "won" the trip (i suspect everyone who entre that contest wins!) ... but i had to attend a 2 hours marketing session

So i went and it was nice, i just had to check in like a regular hotel and i got this double room with free access to most of the activities on-site. They had a choice of time when you wanted to attend the marketing session. So i went the second day.

Skipping to the session, I went there not knowing what to expect 'cos they don't tell you anything saved that it is a marketing session ... (i was young and it was pre-RFD days). So you go on a tour of the building and they get actual owner of timeshare to come and share their experience and how great this has been for them. The main sellout point was comparing it to owning a second home how much you'd save cos you're at your timeshare only the time you need ... it might have convinced a few people there but i was just an unemployed bum who just graduated from univ ... so that didn't appeal to me at all!!

So then you sit down with one of their rep ... again he goes over everything you get and then how much it will cost ... so he takes out these graphs showing that in 30 years i'll be better off if you buy these timeshare NOW... Obvisouly the dude didn't know who he was talking to until he realised i'm just a poor bum ... so he switched gear and tell me about these cheaper version that are as great ... Still i am unimpressed .... (or i played dumb and said well it's a little over my budget ) ... heck i'm cheap that s why i came to that FREE resort stay in the first place!!

So the rep realized i am a tough one ... he excuse himself and get another rep to sit down and talk ... Basically he said this deal is only for me cos A. It s my lucky day B. He likes my face C. I don't seem to have a lot of $$. So he presents to me another one of their plan ... which coincidentally is similar to the one that was already presented before ... but at half the price ... i don't recall how much the prices were though ...

In the end i told him i am saving to go to business school but will consider it once i graduate. They left my table and that was the end of my 2 hours session ...

Yeah so if you pay the 200$ they're already weeding out the poors bums like me ... and they know you have money to spare ...

Anyway good luck !

SH
Jun 5, 2010
437 posts
372 upvotes
Ottawa
For reference you can go to choicehotels.com and see the rates for each of the properties, when used as a hotel. Then you can figure out how much they are subsidizing you for two hours.

Note: If you use it as a hotel they are VERY interested to find out if you are a recognized legal couple. If so, they are very persistent on giving you a short talk in exchange for dinner or amusement passes etc. The best defense it to present yourself as brother and sister or just friends, or other relationship. They are targeting couples and even better families.

I have stayed in Orlando and Cape Cod, and both places were top notch for location, and quality of rooms - at least by my standards.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2012
102 posts
36 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
thank you all for sharing your experience.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1897 posts
341 upvotes
Winterpeg
we just attended an tour or whatever they call it ( 2 hour infosession) at wisconsin dells
paid $199 usd
and we got initial $75 mastercard credit back * they sent this to us
then $100 after the infosession
3 nights 4 days free stay at 2 star hotel
free my olympus for the duration of your stay
when we finished the infosession for 2 hours and 30 minutes
they gave us $100 mastercard

a total of $175 master card
free cruise tour for 4 days and 5 nights

i dont care about what they presented. i care about the freebies that they offered after paying $199