[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3189 posts
3609 upvotes

[Blueshop.ca] - Samsung Wireless Rapid Charger - $39.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Originally I was hesitant to post this as I posted about Samsung chargers which some RFD members reported received as possibly fake. However I am going to post this anyways because I personally had purchased from this store in past several years and I know there must be other RFD that had good experience with them as well. I ordered one for myself as this is the lowest price you can find for the Samsung Wireless Rapid Charger. You guys can consider for yourself if you trust this shop or not or attempt to price match somewhere. All I know is their customer service has always been very good at responding and as far as I believe, they don't have the intention to sell fake items. I have personally never received any fake items from BlueShop.ca as well.

Currently they are selling the Samsung Wireless Rapid Chargers for $49.99, enter code "WANT20" to lower it to $39.99. The 20% off works for all items on their store as well.

http://www.blueshop.ca/samsung-fast-cha ... A21837.htm
25 replies
Oct 15, 2009
30 posts
35 upvotes
Grande Prairie
It drops to $39.99 when you apply the "WANT20" code.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3189 posts
3609 upvotes
That's fine, I didn't pay shipping for this item. Also it is easy to spot if it is real or fake. Real one is made in Vietnam, fake one is full of Chinese writing on the back
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1400 posts
319 upvotes
OOS already
Once there was a real deal in front of me I did not cherish. Not until it went OOS did I learn to regret. There's no greater sorrow. If heavens would grant me another chance I would buy buy buy. If I must put down a quantity, I hope it is 10000
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1442 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Received mine--they're selling the fake one.

This is rather disappointing.
Jun 6, 2005
77 posts
6 upvotes
mizermalice wrote: Received mine--they're selling the fake one.

How can you tell it's fake? I just recieved mine also
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1442 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
phats wrote: How can you tell it's fake? I just recieved mine also

The authentic ones have a fan that turns on when charging. The fake ones do not.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3189 posts
3609 upvotes
mizermalice wrote: Received mine--they're selling the fake one.

The one I received also doesn't appear to be genuine, but for those that also received non original ones, contact their customer service. My concern/disappointment was addressed.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1285 posts
529 upvotes
North York, ON
Going to wait for Energous to release their charging devices- supposedly they're working with AAPL and it can charge from up to 15' away. There's also new products coming from Flicharge that uses conductive charging= supposedly safer.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1442 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
renegadeavenger wrote: The one I received also doesn't appear to be genuine, but for those that also received non original ones, contact their customer service. My concern/disappointment was addressed.
renegade what's the serial numbers you have on your box? one way to help determine if these are fake are not is the serial number will be the same for the fakes
Apr 27, 2016
1 posts
Hello

I work for Blueshop and a friend of mine made me aware of this thread. First of all, we don't knowingly/deliberately sell 'fakes'. We do purchase this item from various suppliers (usually Canadian), and recently, because our Canadian supplier was temporarily out of stock, purchased a small qty from a renowned international accessory trader. These 10 units did indeed come in Asian Retail Pack. Samsung has different packaging, UPC codes and product codes (the first part usually being the same across the world while the last part indicates the country). We contacted Samsung Canada and it was confirmed to us that the same product is often made in different factories around the world so the fact that this one doesn't say that it is 'Made in Vietnam' has absolutely no bearing on its authenticity. I encourage to check with Samsung Canada via their Live Chat feature as there is a lot of misinformation out there.
However, we understand the concern in general and if you purchased this from us and are unhappy (and again, we have no reason to believe there is anything wrong with this unit), contact us and we'll replace it in good faith. We are getting Canadian retail versions again in in the next couple of days.

I do would like to ask people to contact us for any issues rather than post just anything out there. We are a small, Canadian business, and do our best to offer great products at competitive pricing. Like I said, there is a lot of misinformation out there but concerns are always taken seriously and like everybody else, we do make mistakes as well.
Thank you for your understanding.
Oct 25, 2012
62 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok just got mine today and it came in quite the fake/sketchy/questionable packaging. With serious doubt, I decided to give it a shot anyway before contacting Blueshop, and low and behold, the fast charging works and it has a fan while charging. Should I be concerned that it's fake still and contact them? TIA.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3189 posts
3609 upvotes
mizermalice wrote: renegade what's the serial numbers you have on your box? one way to help determine if these are fake are not is the serial number will be the same for the fakes
Basically the authentic ones should say "made in vietnam". If you have ones on the back with chinese writing that you cannot even understand, then it is fake. The authentic one also has a fan when it charges, you will certainly hear the fan ( even though it is very quiet ). The fake ones like others mentioned don't have fans.

For those that did received fakes ( chinese writing ), contact their customer service and they will assist. They did tell me that they have no intention to sell fake samsung items, but one of their supplier must have sent them a few that were not authentic.

This link basically sums it up well:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsun ... eware.html

The one I received was the right hand side with chinese writing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3189 posts
3609 upvotes
stifmeister wrote: Ok just got mine today and it came in quite the fake/sketchy/questionable packaging. With serious doubt, I decided to give it a shot anyway before contacting Blueshop, and low and behold, the fast charging works and it has a fan while charging. Should I be concerned that it's fake still and contact them? TIA.
Take a picture of the back of your unit, if it is chinese then its fake and you should contact their customer service.
Oct 25, 2012
62 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
renegadeavenger wrote: Take a picture of the back of your unit, if it is chinese then its fake and you should contact their customer service.
OK so I took your advice and called their customer service. I expressed my concern and they were adamant the charger was legitimate as they got confirmation from Samsung directly that the charger was real.

The rep said all he could do is replace the order with a charger with English on it as they are expecting a shipment in this week.

Caveat is that I need to ship my order back at my own cost. I think I'm going to do the exchange.

What did customer service do for you?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3189 posts
3609 upvotes
stifmeister wrote: OK so I took your advice and called their customer service. I expressed my concern and they were adamant the charger was legitimate as they got confirmation from Samsung directly that the charger was real.

The rep said all he could do is replace the order with a charger with English on it as they are expecting a shipment in this week.

Caveat is that I need to ship my order back at my own cost. I think I'm going to do the exchange.

What did customer service do for you?
take a picture of the back of your charger and email in... you can also provide the link I posted about the comparison between real/fake. You will have to do an exchange anyways but in my response from customer service, they admit that the item didn't appear authentic... Not sure why you called in and the person seems to be defending that the item is from samsung directly while it is not. Maybe their phone customer service is outsourced?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3189 posts
3609 upvotes
Btw, I did find this on their website:
If your product is defective at the time of delivery, or you received the wrong item, please call (888) 491-7798 with details, e-mail us or use the contact form. We will email or mail you a free Canada Post Return Label to use for returning the merchandise and send you out a replacement product at no cost

unauthentic I would consider it as received wrong item, I don't see why you have to pay for shipping cost. If they still give a fuss about it, you can email the owner directly. But try submitting the photo of your charger first and send along with that link of real vs fake to just give more proof that what you received was not authentic. I did not had to pay for shipping the unauthentic charger back to blueshop.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3189 posts
3609 upvotes
I also apologize to everyone that ordered, as I mentioned in my first post, there is rumors that some people received fake chargers from blueshop in the past but I did not believe it because I never encountered it myself. I had been buying from them for several things these past years and had good experience so I am actually very disappointed with them that I also received unauthentic rapid wireless chargers. I contacted the owner directly and he basically told me that blueshop does not have the intention to sell unauthentic items and they source items from various vendors. The latest batch of chargers were sourced overseas which apparently are unauthentic. I already was sent a replacement, suppose to be in the mail today so I hope my replacement is original this time..

For those that received fake chargers, if customer service is not helpful, reach out to office of the president directly:
http://www.blueshop.ca/content/customercare/