Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Airmiles

BMO Airmiles World Elite MasterCard - Get 500 Bonus Miles for everyday purchases targeted

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2019 6:08 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
everbird wrote: May be a dumb question. Would i get Airmiles for using this card (1 mile for $10) even if i buy from non Air Miles partners?
Not dumb at all. Yes, you get the designated airmiles from all purchases on the BoM Airmiles MasterCard. You also get miles from partners, but only when you present your airmiles card itself, the blue or black one that was given to you by airmiles.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1094 upvotes
not sure who to believe now whether this oct promo is targeted or not. a reply i receivd via fb

Hello xxx. Thank you for coming to me with your question. I understand that you really want to take advantage of the BMO AIR MILES MasterCard offer and I'm right there with you as it is a good one. After looking into this offer I have learned that it is a targeted offer. If you received and email from BMO MasterCard then you are able to earn this bonus. If not, hopefully you will be targeted next time. In the meantime, why not visit us at www.airmiles.ca and click on "Get Miles" and then Find Offers to see what other bonus offers we have to help boost your balance. I hope this information helps. ~ Lori
Mar 30, 2017
326 posts
240 upvotes
BMO october offer.png
Seks wrote: I got the email back at end of Aug for Sept run for my BMO AM card. Did whatever I needed for Sept...got my 500 bonus.

Never got email about this for Oct. Hopefully not targeted so I did all the transactions that I needed today (Oct 1). So we shall see
I got an E-mail today that confirms that if you completed the September 500 AM offer you will not receive any AM for doing it again in October. Screenshot included
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
666 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Got the offer, but it's 500 miles for 3 transactions WUS $20 or more
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
666 upvotes
Outremont, QC
flash67 wrote: I got my email!!!

I ALSO got

100 Airmiles for 4 x 25L transactions during September @ Shell...

600 Miles here we come.

Edit: My email states $20

All you need to do is use your BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®*
to make an eligible purchase of $20 or more at
same here
3 transactions x $20 - 500 miles back, out of pocket at least $10 +
while OP's only need $10 x 3 - $50 back in miles, $20 profit
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
carols110 wrote: same here
3 transactions x $20 - 500 miles back, out of pocket at least $10 +
while OP's only need $10 x 3 - $50 back in miles, $20 profit
$10 offer goes to people that pay a fee for their M/C. $20 offer goes to no fee cards, I think.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1074 posts
477 upvotes
Oakville
smacd wrote: $10 offer goes to people that pay a fee for their M/C. $20 offer goes to no fee cards, I think.
That is correct. $10 for the World Elite MC (black one with annual fee) and $20 for the regular no fee MC (blue).
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1094 upvotes
kargesd wrote: BMO october offer.png

I got an E-mail today that confirms that if you completed the September 500 AM offer you will not receive any AM for doing it again in October. Screenshot included
*sigh* $70 total spent on Oct 1 could have gone onto my AMEX Cobalt at Sobeys instead. Lesson learned.
Sep 25, 2010
267 posts
196 upvotes
Has anyone received the Air miles from the September promo and did their last purchase on or after September 24th?

Finished my 3rd purchase on Sept 24th but still no sign of the air miles
Mar 30, 2017
326 posts
240 upvotes
Sharpenel wrote: Has anyone received the Air miles from the September promo and did their last purchase on or after September 24th?

Finished my 3rd purchase on Sept 24th but still no sign of the air miles
I'm also still waiting for my September AM did my last purchase on the 22nd

It seems that some people have received AM for the September based on the comments earlier in the thread
Aug 25, 2006
927 posts
477 upvotes
Nope still waiting -- giving up hope.
May 16, 2013
21 posts
33 upvotes
GRIMSBY
kargesd wrote: I'm also still waiting for my September AM did my last purchase on the 22nd

It seems that some people have received AM for the September based on the comments earlier in the thread
Who did you shop with?
Deal Addict
May 11, 2007
1211 posts
920 upvotes
Kitchener
i am still waiting too, did my last purchase on sept 27th at Shell. Shell AM has been posted but not the bonus.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1073 posts
229 upvotes
caraj4u wrote: i am still waiting too, did my last purchase on sept 27th at Shell. Shell AM has been posted but not the bonus.
My transactions were done on sept 14 but still waiting for the 500 miles. My Shell fill up was $20 , 13.9L so not qualify for the 1 mile but qualified for the BMO offer. Don't know why I haven't got the 500 miles yet. Oh well might just have to wait.
Mar 18, 2010
12 posts
6 upvotes
bc
Also waiting for the 500 miles to post on DH card. He got the email for spend $10./3 purchases on 31aug. Did Safeway 17sep, staples 27sep, and shell 26sep which did not post until 1oct. Hope they don’t use that as an excuse not to credit the miles. Had to fight with them over live chat to get 1680 miles for an Apple purchase made 1aug during their 20x promo. Statement date was 10oct and only the miles for money spent, no 500 bonus. Just advised my DH to only use BMO airmiles card at Costco now. Fed up of airmiles nonsense and always having to fight them to get miles credited. Amex rewards cards are so much better, and never really had any problems with their cards, or their excellent customer service.
Mar 18, 2010
12 posts
6 upvotes
bc
Also waiting for the 500 miles to post on DH card. He got the email for spend $10./3 purchases on 31aug. Did Safeway 17sep, staples 27sep, and shell 26sep which did not post until 1oct. Hope they don’t use that as an excuse not to credit the miles. Had to fight with them over live chat to get 1680 miles for an Apple purchase made 1aug during their 20x promo. Statement date was 10oct and only the miles for money spent, no 500 bonus. Just advised my DH to only use BMO airmiles card at Costco now. Fed up of airmiles nonsense and always having to fight them to get miles credited. Amex rewards cards are so much better, and never really had any problems with their cards, or their excellent customer service.
Mar 30, 2017
326 posts
240 upvotes
bbrobs wrote: Who did you shop with?
I did the promotion in September & October since I didn't get my September yet. Shopping at these stores is something I would do with or without the promotion so hopefully one will work

September I did

Sobeys
Foodland
Shell

October

Shell
Rexall
Lowes
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Still waiting for the September BMO 500 AMs Bonus Neutral Face

We had the targeted BMO AMs WE Offer ... 500 BAMs for $ 10 Spend @ 3 Retailers

We did Rona (Sept 5) - Shell (Sept 14) - Metro (Sept 27)

Glad to see others are getting their bonuses.
We remain optimistic, as all 3 of our purchases were beyond the $ 10 threshold

Our Current targeted October BMO AMs WE Bonus Offer is strictly for shops done this month at Sobey’s
Seems to be an accumulative Offer
(the more you charge to the BMO WE MC @ Sobey’s in the month... the more BAMs you earn)
We are in Eastern Ontario
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2004
2553 posts
1791 upvotes
Oakville
Just chatted with airmiles, and the 3 purchases had to be at participating STORES, and not at participating PARTNERS.
The difference is that partners would include Rona/Lowes/Stapes online purchases, while STORES means online web purchases at the same Partners do not qualify.

So, I will not be getting my 500 Bonus miles from September, since I bought from Rona (online), Lowes (online), and Sobeys.

The two online purchases were to double-dip with the airmilesshop promo...now I find out it wasn't a double-dip, and now I was missing two STORE purchases.

ps. the agent said the same 500 Bonus promo running for October is targeted, so I cannot participate in this month's bonus instead.
Oct 28, 2007
270 posts
66 upvotes
Belleville, ON
cba123 wrote: Just chatted with airmiles, and the 3 purchases had to be at participating STORES, and not at participating PARTNERS.
The difference is that partners would include Rona/Lowes/Stapes online purchases, while STORES means online web purchases at the same Partners do not qualify.

I was wondering about whether on-line purchases qualified and checked the initial targeted email. I couldn't find the weasel words excluding on-line purchases in the terms and conditions, but wouldn't put it past Air Miles to disqualify such purchases. I made 2 on-line purchases just on the basis of convenience and actually picked up the items in store. Giant p*ss off.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)