None
May 14, 2012
40 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary

BMO banking APP - with Touch ID login

BMO banking APP - with Touch ID

http://www.bmo.com/main/personal/bank-a ... B1-AKBMO20

I really like BMO's touch ID for logging onto their bank app! Its definitely quicker and I feel more secure, as you don't have to worry about someone looking over your shoulder to find out your password.

What do people think?

Does anyone know if other banks are planning on rolling this out?
5 replies
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Tangerine has it but you still have to input you pin for some reason...kind of defeats the purpose.
Mar 27, 2012
79 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
Discover Card has it and works pretty smoothly. BMO & Tangerine use it because they have 6-digit pin instead of a complex password. BMO actually asks you "if you are the only one uses this phone" before letting you use touch id.

Anyways, cool and useful feature. But for security issues, I rather to type my password manually if it's more secured (which might not be the case).
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20040 posts
9793 upvotes
Toronto
Cas77 wrote: Tangerine has it but you still have to input you pin for some reason...kind of defeats the purpose.
Tangerine's is meant to be a "double security" feature :facepalm: ...I find it stupid...
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
2318 posts
620 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Greg88 wrote: BMO banking APP - with Touch ID

http://www.bmo.com/main/personal/bank-a ... B1-AKBMO20

I really like BMO's touch ID for logging onto their bank app! Its definitely quicker and I feel more secure, as you don't have to worry about someone looking over your shoulder to find out your password.

What do people think?

Does anyone know if other banks are planning on rolling this out?
I was actually quiet surprised they added it, will probably take other banks sometime to add it. I personally love the convenience.

I can see why they will be hesitant, as it makes it easier for some people to access your account when your sleeping :P
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20040 posts
9793 upvotes
Toronto
Crzyrio wrote: I was actually quiet surprised they added it, will probably take other banks sometime to add it. I personally love the convenience.

I can see why they will be hesitant, as it makes it easier for some people to access your account when your sleeping :P
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)