Credit Cards

BMO Cashback World Elite (10% first $2,000/3 months, 1.5% all purchases, free roadside assist, FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2020 5:40 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 30, 2018
101 posts
423 upvotes

BMO Cashback World Elite (10% first $2,000/3 months, 1.5% all purchases, free roadside assist, FYF)

BMO Cashback World Elite
APPLY HERE
  • Welcome Offer: Get 10% cash back in your first 3 months and the $120 annual fee waived in the first year
  • Then earn 1.5% cash back on all other card purchases
  • Redeem cash back minimum of $50 to statement credit, deposit into BMO account, or deposit into BMO Investorline account.
  • Complimentary Roadside Assistance Basic Program with Dominion Automobile Association (DAA). Includes free battery boosts, flat-tire change, lockout service and towing (a $69/year value).
  • Receive a discount on car rentals. When you use your card to rent a car at participating National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car® locations you’ll receive up to a 25% discount.
  • Cirque du Soleil: 15% off admission to Cirque du Soleil shows touring Canada, and 20% off resident shows in Las Vegas.
Insurance Coverages
  • Extended warranty 2 years
  • Purchase protection 180 days
  • Travel accident $500,000
  • Emergency medical team 8 days
  • Trip interruption $2,000
  • Flight delay $500
  • Baggage delay $200
  • Lost or stolen baggage $750
  • Personal effects $750
  • Hotel burglary $750
  • Rental car theft damage
  • Rental car accident $200,000
  • Rental car personal effects $1,000
Offer and Eligibility
  • Minimum $80,000 (individual) or $150,000 (household) annual income required.
  • BMO CashBack World Elite Mastercard applications must be received between May 1, 2020, and Oct 31, 2020.
  • The 10% cash back offer and first year annual fee waiver offer is limited to new BMO CashBack World Elite Mastercard accounts and will not be awarded to current or former cardholders who reinstate a closed account, product transfer, or who open a new account. Limit of one bonus offer per account. 
Last edited by RFDpadawan on May 2nd, 2020 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
191 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1370 posts
838 upvotes
Near You
Very low threshold of 500$ for bonus categories per billing cycle if you read the fine print.
• AMEX Platinum
• MC BrimRogersSTACK • Visa TD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
[OP]
Apr 30, 2018
101 posts
423 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Very low threshold of 500$ for bonus categories per billing cycle if you read the fine print.
That's 3% groceries for the BMO Cashback Mastercard only, doesn't apply to the World Elite.
Feb 17, 2015
914 posts
328 upvotes
Windsor, ON
I have this card still however due to the promo I got at the time its free so I choose not to churn it, I have had a great experience with it honestly, roadside assistance used 4 times for various things, one catch to it...they are supposed to tow you to a repair facility of your choice, I do my own work so a supervisor has allowed me to tow twice to my garage at home but had to overide it. Cashback would go straight into BMO account when redeemed, they gave me a balance transfer offer so I stopped using it for now....however once thats paid off since Rogers devalued and seems to be hit or miss with customer service this will likely be my daily driver again
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2198 posts
690 upvotes
Burnaby
note the link points to credit card genius. the regular signup bonus is 3 months @ 5% cashback
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1171 posts
470 upvotes
London, ON
This is perfect for the next 3 months as I don’t plan to spend much. $667 spend average a month to maximize the $200 cash back. Applied and approved.
Sep 17, 2019
358 posts
358 upvotes
My wife, a current BMO client with a few different products, just applied. Instant approval.
Feb 12, 2020
213 posts
287 upvotes
What are your experiences with churning BMO cards and getting welcome bonuses?

Yes, the terms state that welcome bonuses will not be provided for people that have been a cardholder in the past.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
1001 posts
524 upvotes
Good timing, as I've almost maxed out the 15% cash back on my Tangerine MC.
Feb 12, 2002
729 posts
146 upvotes
Vancouver
junggoo wrote: What are your experiences with churning BMO cards and getting welcome bonuses?

Yes, the terms state that welcome bonuses will not be provided for people that have been a cardholder in the past.
I got the BMO Airmiles WE back in 2016 for the purpose of booking 25% discounted flights. It wasn't FYF but the WB and perks paid for the card. Applied again in 2019 because of FYF and to my surprise, got the 3000 WB airmiles again. I'm going to cancel soon and try to product switch to this Cash Back WE card.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
1001 posts
524 upvotes
bhp wrote: I got the BMO Airmiles WE back in 2016 for the purpose of booking 25% discounted flights. It wasn't FYF but the WB and perks paid for the card. Applied again in 2019 because of FYF and to my surprise, got the 3000 WB airmiles again. I'm going to cancel soon and try to product switch to this Cash Back WE card.
Another option would be to downgrade to the free BMO air miles card. I applied for the WE air miles card a couple of years ago when they had a FYF offer with some bonus miles, and downgraded before the first year was up. A few months later, BMO sent me an offer to upgrade with FYF and some more bonus miles. IIRC, the upgrade offer wasn't as good as the one for new applicants, but the spending requirement was lower and no new application required.
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11892 posts
4793 upvotes
Applied and got approved. Instantly.

Thanks for the link, OP. I am sure I'll find where to use this one. :)
Feb 10, 2018
994 posts
645 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Applied and got approved. Instantly.

Thanks for the link, OP. I am sure I'll find where to use this one. :)
Why Darkman, why?
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11892 posts
4793 upvotes
EDL67134234 wrote: Why Darkman, why?
Why?

10% ... on $2000 max. spent is a decent promo.

And then would have to see if year from now can tie it up somehow for the permanent usage (for 1.5%), when Rogers 1.5% goes down hill some more (after I end up not spending 15K on Rogers card).