Credit Cards

BMO Cashback World Elite (10% first $2,000/3 months, 1.5% all purchases, free roadside assist, FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2020 5:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5530 posts
4454 upvotes
cursayer wrote: My card number changed going from base CB to WE CB.
Which FI are you referring to? Probably BMO, right? You're responding to Coolio's post where he's asking about the TD same-card numbers, even when PS'ing between base and premium cards.

TD will usually NOT change the CC#, and the only time they ever did was when I PS'd my old TD Cash Back MASTERCARD to become a TD First Class Travel VISA card, so naturally. Otherwise, no other TD PS'ing that I've ever done has ever changed the CC#, and this includes going from TD basic Cash Back to Cash Back Infinite, and TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite to a basic TD Rewards Visa.

For BMO, all PS's that I've done have resulted in a new CC#, including my up/down switches between the basic and World Elite Air Miles card.

BTW, did BMO give you an upgrade offer for the basic to World Elite Cash Back cards, for the 10%/FYF promo? Or did you call to get the offer. They wouldn't give me the 10%/FF offer on an email upgrade. All they offered via email offer was FYF. So, toss!!
Last edited by bizee-bee on Aug 16th, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 20, 2017
626 posts
752 upvotes
smartie wrote: That's interesting. Because different cards have different bin number

VIP is not card type, it's just a different treatment

https://www.freebinchecker.com/td-canad ... n-list/amp
TD VIP in this case stands for Visa infinite Privilege. Completely different tiers of cards, yet the # and expiry all stayed the same. Maybe product switches keep the number, but new apps get assigned the proper BIN with TD, can't comment on that.

My 6 digit bin doesn't exist on that list either.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7470 posts
7592 upvotes
The Prairies
Delight wrote: Yes, had a very old TD green card that I product changed to VIP, number and expiry stayed the same.
cursayer wrote: My card number changed going from base CB to WE CB.
smartie wrote: That's interesting. Because different cards have different bin number

VIP is not card type, it's just a different treatment

https://www.freebinchecker.com/td-canad ... n-list/amp
bizee-bee wrote: Which FI are you referring to? Probably BMO, right? You're responding to Coolio's post where he's asking about the TD same-card numbers, even when PS'ing between base and premium cards.

TD will usually NOT change the CC#, and the only time they ever did was when I PS'd my old TD Cash Back MASTERCARD to become a TD First Class Travel VISA card, so naturally. Otherwise, no other TD PS'ing that I've ever done has ever changed the CC#, and this includes going from TD basic Cash Back to Cash Back Infinite, and TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite to a basic TD Rewards Visa.

For BMO, all PS's that I've done have resulted in a new CC#, including my up/down switches between the basic and World Elite Air Miles card.

BTW, did BMO give you an upgrade offer for the basic to World Elite Cash Back cards, for the 10%/FYF promo? Or did you call to get the offer. They wouldn't give me the 10%/FF offer on an email upgrade. All they offered via email offer was FYF. So, toss!!
So I’m going to assume, perhaps Mastercard numbers are different from tier to tier, and Visa are all the same regardless.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8571 posts
3964 upvotes
Markham
coolintheshade wrote: So I’m going to assume, perhaps Mastercard numbers are different from tier to tier, and Visa are all the same regardless.
I don't think that's the case for scotiabank visa
Nov 6, 2019
36 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
Does this card has extended warranty upto 2 year which is doubling actual warranty??
Dec 20, 2017
626 posts
752 upvotes
Rutils wrote: Does this card has extended warranty upto 2 year which is doubling actual warranty??
T&C says it adds 2 years. For manufacturer warranties over 5 years, you have to call in to register within 1 year of purchase.

The following benefits apply when You charge the full Purchase Price of Personal Property or Gift items to Your Account. Regardless of where the item is purchased the original manufacturer’s warranty must be valid in Canada. Coverage is available automatically, except when the original manufacturer’s warranty exceeds five years, in which case You must register the item with the Operations Centre within one year of the date of purchase. Items purchased for commercial purposes are not eligible under this Certificate of Insurance.
Coverage Benefits
This insurance provides for an extension of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to a maximum extension of two years. We will reimburse You, at Our discretion, the lesser of the cost to repair or to replace the item. Terms of the extension will be in accordance with the original manufacturer’s warranty, excluding any extended warranty offered by the manufacturer or any other party.The overall lifetime maximum of applicable insurance for Extended Warranty Plus and Purchase Protection Plus is $60,000 per Account.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5530 posts
4454 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: So I’m going to assume, perhaps Mastercard numbers are different from tier to tier, and Visa are all the same regardless.
CIBC PS’s have issued new Visa numbers too.

Some examples:
  • Aerogold Visa Infinite to Aventura Infinite Visa,
  • Aerogold Visa Infinite to Tim Hortons DD Visa ( :facepalm: :lol:)
  • Aventura Infinite Visa to Aventura Basic Visa
  • Basic Dividend Visa to Dividend Platinum Visa

All new Visa numbers after the product change.

TD is the only FI that I’ve PS’d where the credit card number doesn’t change. Maybe MBNA too, but the last time I PS’d was too long ago, so I don’t recall.
Nov 6, 2019
36 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
WE cash back reference(extended warranty plus): https://www.bmo.com/pdf/CB_WE_Travel_Me ... ate_En.pdf
However my question is if the original warranty is for 1 year, does WE cashback provide warranty for one more year or 2 more year ??

Again WE (non-cashback) is different. WE reference (extended warranty): https://www.bmo.com/pdf/World_Elite_Car ... eement.pdf
Delight wrote: T&C says it adds 2 years. For manufacturer warranties over 5 years, you have to call in to register within 1 year of purchase.

The following benefits apply when You charge the full Purchase Price of Personal Property or Gift items to Your Account. Regardless of where the item is purchased the original manufacturer’s warranty must be valid in Canada. Coverage is available automatically, except when the original manufacturer’s warranty exceeds five years, in which case You must register the item with the Operations Centre within one year of the date of purchase. Items purchased for commercial purposes are not eligible under this Certificate of Insurance.
Coverage Benefits
This insurance provides for an extension of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to a maximum extension of two years. We will reimburse You, at Our discretion, the lesser of the cost to repair or to replace the item. Terms of the extension will be in accordance with the original manufacturer’s warranty, excluding any extended warranty offered by the manufacturer or any other party.The overall lifetime maximum of applicable insurance for Extended Warranty Plus and Purchase Protection Plus is $60,000 per Account.
Nov 6, 2019
36 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
As per Gnilkus,
The Allianz rep gave me an example in which you actually get 2 additional years. Say you were to purchase a washer/dryer, if the original manufacturer warranty is 2 or more years, the credit card would extend the warranty for 2 years. But if the original warranty is 1 year, the card only doubles up to 1 extra year.

Refer :bank-bmo-vs-scotia-2396576/#p32977237
Rutils wrote: WE cash back reference(extended warranty plus): https://www.bmo.com/pdf/CB_WE_Travel_Me ... ate_En.pdf
However my question is if the original warranty is for 1 year, does WE cashback provide warranty for one more year or 2 more year ??

Again WE (non-cashback) is different. WE reference (extended warranty): https://www.bmo.com/pdf/World_Elite_Car ... eement.pdf
Nov 6, 2019
36 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
As per Gnilkus,
The Allianz rep gave me an example in which you actually get 2 additional years. Say you were to purchase a washer/dryer, if the original manufacturer warranty is 2 or more years, the credit card would extend the warranty for 2 years. But if the original warranty is 1 year, the card only doubles up to 1 extra year.

Refer :bank-bmo-vs-scotia-2396576/#p32977237
Rutils wrote: WE cash back reference(extended warranty plus): https://www.bmo.com/pdf/CB_WE_Travel_Me ... ate_En.pdf

Dec 20, 2017
626 posts
752 upvotes
On the topic of this card, there seems to be a somewhat "hidden" variant of this card offer.

5% CB up to $8000 spend, 6 months to meet it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7883 posts
2148 upvotes
multi city dweller
Delight wrote: On the topic of this card, there seems to be a somewhat "hidden" variant of this card offer.

5% CB up to $8000 spend, 6 months to meet it.
link pls?