Credit Cards

BMO Cashback World Elite (10% first $2,000/3 months, 1.5% all purchases, free roadside assist, FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2022 1:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5883 posts
1581 upvotes
Milton
is the cashback provided instantly like td or is it like scotia where you have to wait?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2817 posts
2441 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks good deal. Super smooth to apply if you're already a bmo client. Instantly tells you if your approved and your limit.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2817 posts
2441 upvotes
Toronto
spena wrote: is the cashback provided instantly like td or is it like scotia where you have to wait?
Instant whenever you want:

Redeem your cash back whenever you want, or simply set up recurring deposits and get rewarded automatically. 3 ways to redeem:
Deposit it into your BMO chequing or savings account
Put it into your Investorline account
Use it as a credit on your monthly statement
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8905 posts
9925 upvotes
The Prairies
Enforcer22 wrote: The terms state
"The 10% cash back offer and first year annual fee waiver offer is limited to new BMO CashBack World Elite Mastercard accounts and will not be awarded to current or former cardholders who reinstate a closed account, product transfer, or who open a new account. Limit of one bonus offer per account. "

My takeaway from the wording is 'Current cardholders who open a new account are not eligible' I am a cardholder, just not of this specific card hence the confusion. I do see what you mean. Maybe I'll call them to be absolutely sure
I read the terms as, if you are a current or former cardholder of the card you’re applying for, you’re not eligible for the signup bonus.
You are not a current or former cardholder of this card, you have the no fee card.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3321 posts
1103 upvotes
I had the BMO CashBack World Elite card back in 2017 and closed it in 2018. I think I'm not eligible?
Jan 11, 2017
47 posts
172 upvotes
Just got this email.. I thought we getting 10% CB?
Images
  • bmo.png
Oct 17, 2014
268 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto, ON
1094197 wrote: Just got this email.. I thought we getting 10% CB?
Have you received another email prior to this one saying your card is on the way with 10% CB?
Apr 16, 2020
329 posts
434 upvotes
milanoL wrote: Have you received another email prior to this one saying your card is on the way with 10% CB?
It says right on their website that the WB includes 10% CB for 3 months.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5883 posts
1581 upvotes
Milton
1094197 wrote: Just got this email.. I thought we getting 10% CB?
call to make sure and let us know
Oct 1, 2011
213 posts
128 upvotes
spena wrote: call to make sure and let us know
I just noticed this in the confirmation email too. The link still says 10%.
I just put over $2K on it yesterday, so I'll see if it posts 10% on the rewards site. (I'm not sure if it updates the credits right away or monthly though)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
1087 posts
630 upvotes
JUnit wrote: Yup, there seems to be a problem entering the start date for one's previous address. Tried different browsers, same issue. Probably won't be a problem for those who have been at their current address for more than two years.
Tried again and it looks like they fixed the issue with the online application. Approved instantly.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5698 upvotes
mikerfd wrote: I just noticed this in the confirmation email too. The link still says 10%.
I just put over $2K on it yesterday, so I'll see if it posts 10% on the rewards site. (I'm not sure if it updates the credits right away or monthly though)
I think monthly ... I could be wrong though.

But I had the free one before on a promo ... and I think I recall they didn't post it instantly but rather monthly.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
1544 posts
1028 upvotes
Darkman wrote: I think monthly ... I could be wrong though.

But I had the free one before on a promo ... and I think I recall they didn't post it instantly but rather monthly.
BMO WE travel card posts rewards monthly when the statement posts.

I am guessing Cashback WE would be the same.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8905 posts
9925 upvotes
The Prairies
EDL67134234 wrote: BMO WE travel card posts rewards monthly when the statement posts.

I am guessing Cashback WE would be the same.
BMO AM WE as well
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2817 posts
2441 upvotes
Toronto
Got my card, gonna keep an eye out for that 10%
Jan 11, 2017
47 posts
172 upvotes
BMO got back to me and they said it is indeed 5% and that creditcardgenius is wrong :(
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2817 posts
2441 upvotes
Toronto
1094197 wrote: BMO got back to me and they said it is indeed 5% and that creditcardgenius is wrong :(
The 10% application is clearly on a BMO domain website.
It wouldn't make any sense. I would wait to see your statement, chances are it will show 10%. Most BMO reps are not aware of these online promos.

"https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... ms-overlay"
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5698 upvotes
Still didn't get my card (hopefully today or tomorrow) ... If it doesn't arrive this week, the Rep guy told me I can call them and maybe they'd be able to courier it to me.

We'll see though ... it was mailed out on the 12th and today it will be 14 days since ... they usually say from 7 to 10 business days.

Mentioned to the guy 10% vs 5% ... and that the link is located on their website ... the guy told me to make a screenshot and hold on to it etc ... and if I happen not to receive 10% -- to contact them and then see what they can do for me, all considering.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5698 upvotes
zobi123 wrote: The 10% application is clearly on a BMO domain website.
It wouldn't make any sense. I would wait to see your statement, chances are it will show 10%. Most BMO reps are not aware of these online promos.

"https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... ms-overlay"
You can even shorten that link to this: ( maximum "10% shortening" :) ) (It still shows 10%)

https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... fers/offer

But if you shorten it to this, for example, it would show 5%:

https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... ack-offers

:)

You can clearly see the difference in what I shorten in the CODE mode: :D

Code: Select all

10% link - https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credit-cards/2-cashback-offers/offer

vs.

5% link -- https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credit-cards/2-cashback-offers
:)
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3848 posts
1782 upvotes
Grimsby
Anyone know how the FYF works? I imagine you’re charged in the first month for the AF and then credited short while after?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)