Credit Cards

BMO Cashback World Elite (10% first $2,000/3 months, 1.5% all purchases, free roadside assist, FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2020 5:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11869 posts
4788 upvotes
zobi123 wrote: You get it back in the first statement:

Annual Fee waiver: The primary cardholder annual fee of $120 will be rebated in the first year and will appear as a fee and a credit on the primary cardholders first statement.
Cool to know. :)
Feb 3, 2019
220 posts
185 upvotes
I currently have BMO world elite (not cashback version). If i apply for this, would I still qualify to get the bonus?
Jul 6, 2009
516 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone confirmed getting 10% instead of 5%?
Thinking to get this card next.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5619 posts
1389 upvotes
Milton
Darkman wrote: to contact them and then see what they can do for me, all considering.
made a purchase and keeping an eye out for the cashback. I already sent a secure message through online banking to confirm about the 10%, waiting for a response and I will send them the screenshots
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11869 posts
4788 upvotes
Received my card few days ago ... planning to use some time in June ... $2000 in one shot.
Aug 22, 2012
204 posts
179 upvotes
mikerfd wrote: I just noticed this in the confirmation email too. The link still says 10%.
I just put over $2K on it yesterday, so I'll see if it posts 10% on the rewards site. (I'm not sure if it updates the credits right away or monthly though)
Did you happen to have any cashback credited to your account yet?
Oct 1, 2011
195 posts
123 upvotes
Georgetown
Enforcer22 wrote: Did you happen to have any cashback credited to your account yet?
Nope, all my purchases are posted but my monthly billing cycle hasn't completed yet. So I'm sure it must post after the cycle is done, hopefully not too much longer afterwards.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12567 posts
3403 upvotes
Scarberia
any WB bonus? just looking for the next cc to churn!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7864 posts
2140 upvotes
multi city dweller
mikka2017 wrote: any WB bonus? just looking for the next cc to churn!
why not amex biz plat? got huge promo in addition sub ...
Feb 12, 2020
215 posts
286 upvotes
I'm late to the BMO game

Can BMO cards be churned for the welcome bonus despite what the terms and conditions state?

Hold for six and reapply after 3?
Sep 30, 2018
85 posts
65 upvotes
I have a question regarding the travel insurance on BMO W.E. cards (yes all BMO W.E.).

Per prince of travel (see the link below), the travel insurance becomes in effect as long as you charge partial costs to the card...and apparently the T&C states the same as well. I am simply wondering if anyone has successfully claimed travel insurance when only partial costs (e.g. redeeming aeroplan miles and paying the tax or surcharges with bmo W.E.) are charged to their bmo W.E. card, and if the insurance claim process was smooth.

(the relevant part begins at the 5:18 mark)
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11869 posts
4788 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Received my card few days ago ... planning to use some time in June ... $2000 in one shot.
I am basically done with the promo ... Now all that left is to wait for the promo cash back to be awarded.

Paid this AM $2000.00 in total towards my City property tax ($1955 something towards property tax + 44 something in fees ..... -- through PaySimply).

My statement generates, I think, on 23rd of each month.

P.S.

While being on the phone with BMO yesterday, the Rep confirmed to me that they can see (somewhere on their end) this 10% promo (instead of 5% regular promo) somewhere in my account.

So that was cool to hear. :)
Aug 2, 2015
262 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
Applied online and got a message for me to come into the branch (unable to process application due to the fact that they cannot confirm my identification). Not sure why though.....
Jul 7, 2016
338 posts
690 upvotes
RFDpadawan wrote:
[*] The 10% cash back offer and first year annual fee waiver offer is limited to new BMO CashBack World Elite Mastercard accounts and will not be awarded to current or former cardholders who reinstate a closed account, product transfer, or who open a new account. Limit of one bonus offer per account. 
[/list]
I read this clause as one 10% cash back on $2K spend per account ever, but I saw someone mention on another thread that BMO offers one time "welcome bonuses" in general (e.g. if I get this Cash back WE, I can't get the welcome bonus for the Travel WE card in the future).

Similar to this question but inversed:
Murkdx wrote: I currently have BMO world elite (not cashback version). If i apply for this, would I still qualify to get the bonus?
Does anyone have a quick DP to refute or confirm this?

To me it would seem bizarre to exclude cardholders that received welcome bonuses for another different BMO card.

Thanks in advance!
Oct 17, 2014
229 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Presents wrote: I read this clause as one 10% cash back on $2K spend per account ever, but I saw someone mention on another thread that BMO offers one time "welcome bonuses" in general (e.g. if I get this Cash back WE, I can't get the welcome bonus for the Travel WE card in the future).
Does anyone have a quick DP to refute or confirm this?

To me it would seem bizarre to exclude cardholders that received welcome bonuses for another different BMO card.

Thanks in advance!
I received WB for BMO Travel WE before and recently received WB for BMO Air Miles WE with similar T&C.