Personal Finance

BMO Credit Cards now show Authorized Transactions.

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2016 3:01 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Member
Dec 26, 2015
484 posts
282 upvotes
Manitoba

BMO Credit Cards now show Authorized Transactions.

Its not specifically labelled (yet, at least), but I just logged in to check my BMO WE card. It now is displaying two transactions I made today, but their dollar amounts don't reflect in my balance owing, but they are clearly affecting my total available credit.


To me this is new with BMO, and I've seen many complain when providers don't offer this service, so its now there for whoever it effects. I do not recall clicking any specific links to make it happen, just appears to be there.
11 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
3756 posts
1012 upvotes
Calgary
Does not work with mine, I did not see any transactions I did today
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
2087 posts
426 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Veeshmack wrote: Its not specifically labelled (yet, at least), but I just logged in to check my BMO WE card. It now is displaying two transactions I made today, but their dollar amounts don't reflect in my balance owing, but they are clearly affecting my total available credit.


To me this is new with BMO, and I've seen many complain when providers don't offer this service, so its now there for whoever it effects. I do not recall clicking any specific links to make it happen, just appears to be there.
I think we will start to see this with all banks in Canada.

I believe it was a request from Apple in order for them to have Apple Pay. Whenever someone pays with Apple Pay, we get a notification right away with details of the transaction.
Member
Dec 1, 2012
202 posts
32 upvotes
This is great news. I'm waiting for CIBC to show temporary transactions. I could use their Dividend card more often then.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
6214 posts
2965 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Mr_Dogg wrote: I think we will start to see this with all banks in Canada.

I believe it was a request from Apple in order for them to have Apple Pay. Whenever someone pays with Apple Pay, we get a notification right away with details of the transaction.
Seems to be tied to it. TD Visa doesn't actually show "authorized transactions," but if you have your card tied to Apple Pay, transactions show up in your notifications immediately (whether you paid w Apple Pay or the card), and in their new MySpend app.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
3756 posts
1012 upvotes
Calgary
Transactions showing on iPhone through Apple Pay is not the same as BMO showing temporary transactions on their app or online like how MBNA, RBC, Capital One, etc do it.

Hopefully it comes soon because I just realized with Apple Pay, it only shows limited number of transactions
[OP]
Member
Dec 26, 2015
484 posts
282 upvotes
Manitoba
fwiw my OP has nothing to do with apple pay. It was on my browser. I don't own any apple products
Jr. Member
Sep 3, 2011
117 posts
59 upvotes
It's likely just the time you log in. Bmo updates their transactions (not authorized but posted) usually around 9pm et, but the total balance isn't updated. An hour or two later, the value for the balance changes to reflect the new transactions. It might just be a case of your transactions today being posted very quickly. I doubt you will see your authorized transactions in the future if you log in earlier in the day
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
3756 posts
1012 upvotes
Calgary
Veeshmack wrote: fwiw my OP has nothing to do with apple pay. It was on my browser. I don't own any apple products
It was for the other posters that brought up Apple Pay

Are you still seeing it? I don't see it on my account
[OP]
Member
Dec 26, 2015
484 posts
282 upvotes
Manitoba
casperr wrote: It was for the other posters that brought up Apple Pay

Are you still seeing it? I don't see it on my account
I'm still seeing it. Now it reflects in my balance though. Maybe BMO is just getting really fast at posting them? There are 3 same day posted transactions. none of which are reoccuring.


guess my OP is now irrelevant. sorry guys :/
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3425 posts
637 upvotes
London
I saw the same thing last night and today my balance reflected the transaction. PITA if you ask me, useless without being able to see it reflected in the balance at a glance.

Wish they would all post transaction and accurate new balances & credit available instantly. TD IS HORRIFIC for taking DAYS to update transactions.

Top