• Feb 2nd, 2021 9:43 am
[OP]
Dec 21, 2012
266 posts
328 upvotes

[BMO] Get $50 free for paying bills YMMV

Just got an email from BMO. Looks like it's targeted to existing customers:

Get $50 for paying bills online*
That’s right, just by making bill payments online, you can earn money towards your future bills. Plus, bank conveniently and safely from the comfort of home.

* $50 bonus offer Terms and conditions:
To qualify for the $50 cash offer (the “Promotion”) you must: (a) have a Canadian dollar BMO chequing account open and in good standing (for example your Chequing Account must not be in an unauthorized overdraft or in delinquent status); b) be registered for BMO Online Banking; and (c) complete three consecutive monthly bill payments of at least $50 through BMO Online Banking or the BMO Mobile Banking App from your Lead Chequing Account.** All three monthly bill payments must be completed as detailed below:
• The first bill payment must be completed between February 01, 2021 to February 28, 2021;
• The second bill payment must be completed between March 01, 2021 to March 31, 2021; and
• The third bill payment must be completed between April 01, 2021 to April 30, 2021.
The cash bonus will be paid by May 31, 2021. You have until June 30, 2021 to notify us if you have not received a cash bonus. Any notice received after this date will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for this promotion. This offer is exclusive, non-transferable, and is available only to the recipient of the offer invitation. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice.

** The Lead Chequing Account is the one you designate to pay any fees required by your Bank Plan, for example, your monthly Plan fees and transaction fees.
Screenshot_20210201-161018.png
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1084 posts
670 upvotes
BC
Wow... That's a great deal if you are targeted!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
18980 posts
6868 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I still have nightmares about having various BMO accounts.
From monthly charges to "impossible" to get bank cards to inability to figure out their own policies $50 would not even cover the wasted time at minimum wage.

That said if you already have this and are not banking at an inept branch(es), godspeed to you.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12735 posts
5140 upvotes
Cool deal ...

My wife got this offer via email ... gonna participate. :)
Dec 17, 2014
66 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Quentin5 wrote: I still have nightmares about having various BMO accounts.
From monthly charges to "impossible" to get bank cards to inability to figure out their own policies $50 would not even cover the wasted time at minimum wage.

That said if you already have this and are not banking at an inept branch(es), godspeed to you.
Agree. The rep at the branch did not know completing the form and messed up and I had to go through the hoops and follow up to get my money back.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13707 posts
3766 upvotes
Scarberia
OP rarely uses account? Did not get offer. I pay 10billls each month!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Apr 17, 2015
506 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Didn't get the offer and I have multiple products with BMO, including a credit card, mortgage and heloc!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2308 posts
1882 upvotes
Markham
mikka2017 wrote: OP rarely uses account? Did not get offer. I pay 10billls each month!
Yeah, didn’t get it here either and all my banking, as well as bill payments, are with BMO.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
18980 posts
6868 upvotes
Socially Distanced
jaypreet wrote: Agree. The rep at the branch did not know completing the form and messed up and I had to go through the hoops and follow up to get my money back.
I spent a summer fighting BMO on simple everyday banking problems which they could not get right. In the end i closed most of my accounts and have left others unused (attempting to close them might have triggered the collapse of human civilization). If my oldest credit card was not from BMO i would be done with that as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4349 posts
4403 upvotes
Vancouver
Shutdown wrote: "You have until June 30, 2021 to notify us if you have not received a cash bonus. Any notice received after this date will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for this promotion."
They're already anticipating that they're going to screw it up! :)

(and no such offer on my old little-used BMO chequing account)
Last edited by Scote64 on Feb 2nd, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
18980 posts
6868 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Scote64 wrote: They're already anticipating that they're going to screw it up! :)
A sliver of emotional intelligence? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes