Expired Hot Deals

[BMO] HOT! BMO World Elite 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles plus FREE Companion Flight Rebate, and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2018 8:34 am
Jan 18, 2011
90 posts
140 upvotes
montreal
max88 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 10:57 am
Can someone please explain what the Priority Pass is for? An annual "value" of over US$150 is enticing. I am not a frequent traveler (only travel for personal once in a while), trying to figure out whether I should bother to activate.

Where do I have priority? 1) At the airport check-in service counter. 2) At the boarding gate.
Or is it only for free access to participating airport lounges, and for free drink/food.

prioritypass.com/bmo

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/conditions-of-use
https://d2llguf9uoxb71.cloudfront.net/p ... ectory.pdf
You basically have 2 free access (2 passes) per year to access any eligible lounges from the airports stated in the Priority Pass list. In the lounge you get free food, wifi, resting areas, sofas etc.

Normally a person that wants to access the lounge will either need to pay the priority pass membership (99$) + 27$ for each entry in the lounge. Using the Airmiles card, they basically pay your membership of 100$ and give you 2 free lounge pass (27$x2) which is basically why they offer a 150$ value.

Other than the lounge, the priority pass does not provide any express check-in service counter/gate. Depending on the airport there are different lounges available. Its a good way to relax and spend time in-between flights/before your flight instead of waiting at the gate area in uncomfortable chairs.

IMO this benefit is a plus, i would definitely use the passes when I travel, but it won't accelerate your check-in or anything.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4578 posts
768 upvotes
Montreal
phamou wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 12:15 pm
You basically have 2 free access (2 passes) per year to access any eligible lounges from the airports stated in the Priority Pass list. In the lounge you get free food, wifi, resting areas, sofas etc.

Normally a person that wants to access the lounge will either need to pay the priority pass membership (99$) + 27$ for each entry in the lounge. Using the Airmiles card, they basically pay your membership of 100$ and give you 2 free lounge pass (27$x2) which is basically why they offer a 150$ value.

Other than the lounge, the priority pass does not provide any express check-in service counter/gate. Depending on the airport there are different lounges available. Its a good way to relax and spend time in-between flights/before your flight instead of waiting at the gate area in uncomfortable chairs.

IMO this benefit is a plus, i would definitely use the passes when I travel, but it won't accelerate your check-in or anything.
However for travellers who won't cancel after 1 year, the regular BMO WE MC would be the better choice due to much better travel and medical insurance, and 4 Priority Lounge passes.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
3666 posts
1223 upvotes
AB
rtsangca wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 11:32 am
Just wanted to clarify is the initial 3000 miles depending on your account (Cash Miles) or is it 3000 DREAM Miles ONLY?
It depends on how your account is set up. Mine is setup 100% to Cash, so the initial 1000 miles that I got went into my cash miles.
Apr 4, 2006
372 posts
114 upvotes
Ontariotraveller wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 8:33 am
Thanks Elwood! I have booked airmiles flights in the past online. Are you saying you just book as before (no code, certificate, voucher or other indication that there will be a rebate coming down the road?) through the airmiles site?
Do you think you will have to wait for the rebated points to come only after the flight is actually flown?
I expect my card any time and hope to book a flight soon after the first purchase....I have the necessary Miles for both flights.
Thanks for your help.
I can tell you it's automatic. You have to book the to flights and pay the taxes with the BMO card. I just got my 1500 air miles back for my trip to Disneyland. I booked 4 tickets for the family so it doesn't have to be exactly 2 tickets either. Less than 45 days as well so the card was well worth it (25% off base air miles for flights, 3000 bonus, 1500 bonus and no cost for the card this year).

I've already activated all my bonuses but will say that I still haven't received my priority pass membership. Good thing I don't travel till January.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1498 posts
488 upvotes
Does anyone know how long a re-application needs to wait before qualifying for the bonus miles? I cancelled back in May and am now thinking of doing this offer...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
5303 posts
732 upvotes
multi city dweller
razrsharp wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 10:45 pm
Does anyone know how long a re-application needs to wait before qualifying for the bonus miles? I cancelled back in May and am now thinking of doing this offer...
as a rule of thumb, we churners usually stick with the 6 month rule ...
this reduces the chance of the rfd effect so the gravy train don't go pooof ... too soon ...
Jun 21, 2016
189 posts
49 upvotes
Hamilton
elkwood wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 4:46 pm
I can tell you it's automatic. You have to book the to flights and pay the taxes with the BMO card. I just got my 1500 air miles back for my trip to Disneyland. I booked 4 tickets for the family so it doesn't have to be exactly 2 tickets either. Less than 45 days as well so the card was well worth it (25% off base air miles for flights, 3000 bonus, 1500 bonus and no cost for the card this year).

I've already activated all my bonuses but will say that I still haven't received my priority pass membership. Good thing I don't travel till January.
Thanks, I was hoping it was that simple and automatic. I'm waiting for my card. Assuming you can book a flight as soon as the card is activated and first purchase made?
Banned
Dec 2, 2009
255 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
I have an existing BMO Shell Branded Mastercard that I don't use anymore. Will I still be able to get all the bonus points or since I have an existing BMO mastercard should I skip this deal?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1086 posts
1009 upvotes
Toronto, ON
elkwood wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm looking at Jan 2018 dates for Miami or Orlando and with the BMO mc 25% discount, the lowest fare is 2100 airmiles....can you explain how you got fares for 1500 airmiles to Florida? Tia
Mar 9, 2011
483 posts
648 upvotes
Can someone please tell me which card is better between the bmo world elite and the bmo world elite air miles one. The yearly fee is already being waived for me but i am looking at both cards in the long run.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1272 posts
671 upvotes
Surrey
kevinssmith wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 9:57 am
I have an existing BMO Shell Branded Mastercard that I don't use anymore. Will I still be able to get all the bonus points or since I have an existing BMO mastercard should I skip this deal?
You'll still get the bonus points. I have the regular BMO Airmiles card and and applied for this and received the first 1000 Airmiles already. Just passed the min spending so the other 2000 will show up shortly or on my next statement
Koodo $40/8gb $35/5gb wireless plans//
Feb 27, 2011
243 posts
297 upvotes
Calgary, AB
My wife holds the BMO World Air Miles MC (ie not the World Elite). Anyone know if she can just apply for the world elite separately, and get all this bonus, or if she must only get an upgrade that's being offered to her (1500 AM for upgrading offer)?
Koodo 6 GB/$40 plan
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8756 posts
9484 upvotes
fifi75 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 2:40 pm
My wife holds the BMO World Air Miles MC (ie not the World Elite). Anyone know if she can just apply for the world elite separately, and get all this bonus, or if she must only get an upgrade that's being offered to her (1500 AM for upgrading offer)?
New apps only, for the 3000 and free companion flight
Sep 4, 2013
101 posts
104 upvotes
Edmonton
dotsandpixels wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 10:04 am
I'm looking at Jan 2018 dates for Miami or Orlando and with the BMO mc 25% discount, the lowest fare is 2100 airmiles....can you explain how you got fares for 1500 airmiles to Florida? Tia
BC to California costs 1900 for low season less 25%. So 1500 is right.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
5303 posts
732 upvotes
multi city dweller
has anyone been able to do a product switch and qualify for this promo?

I have a basic cashback no AF MC and plan to do a product switch over to this one ... will it work?