Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
BMO

HOT! BMO World Elite 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles plus FREE Companion Flight Rebate, and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2018 8:34 am
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
ffonly wrote: I also applied for the american express platinum air miles card for me and also for my wife.
This adds on another 2000 points each after $1500 spend on each card.
These have an annual fee of$65 each but GCR gives back $50 on each application.
I also applied for the amex ...
Still have to figure out how to spend 1500 ... maybe Gas Gift cards???

Any idea where to use the AMEX?

Would you mind add details on the 50 GCR you are talking about to leverage the 65 annual fee?

Jay
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
superbigjay wrote: I also applied for the amex ...
Still have to figure out how to spend 1500 ... maybe Gas Gift cards???

Any idea where to use the AMEX?

Would you mind add details on the 50 GCR you are talking about to leverage the 65 annual fee?

Jay
We use the Amex at Walmart, Home Depot, auto insurance. Found lots of places take it. Or use it on plastiq or paytm for bill payments. GCR (great Canadian rebates) is a cash back site where u sign up through their link and they give u cash back incentives. Same idea as Ebates if you're familiar with that
Apr 27, 2016
110 posts
84 upvotes
ukhan wrote: Any idea how long is takes to get this card?
In my case, just under two weeks, from application date to reception date.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
2205 posts
1124 upvotes
So are there 2 free lounge entries or 4? The t&c is confusing. There's a babble with 2 and a babble with 4.

A. Benefits provided by Priority Pass Inc. Value of the Priority Pass membership is calculated as follows: standard membership (US$99) plus four free VIP lounge passes per membership year (worth US$108). Value and benefits of the complimentary Priority Pass membership are subject to change without notice. Use the four complimentary passes for yourself or to cover the cost of the lounge visit of your traveling companion. After using the four passes, you can continue to enjoy lounge access for a fee of only $27US per person, per visit.

B. Benefits provided by Priority Pass Inc. Value of the Priority Pass membership is calculated as follows: standard membership (US$99) plus two free VIP lounge passes per membership year (worth US$54). Value and benefits of the complimentary Priority Pass membership are subject to change without notice. Use the two complimentary passes for yourself or to cover the cost of the lounge visit of your travelling companion. After using both passes, you can continue to enjoy lounge access for a fee of only US$27 per person, per visit.
Dec 24, 2014
199 posts
154 upvotes
Locust Hill, ON
Any idea how to link up my existing airmiles to this CC?
Jun 25, 2012
123 posts
47 upvotes
Vancouver
hraeta wrote: Any idea how to link up my existing airmiles to this CC?
Skip the (potentially) long hold and just message them from your online account!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1285 posts
1568 upvotes
Kitchener
Applied online...

Or tried to:
Few months ago I got the bank unlimited plan. The online application process was incredibly smooth, best i've experienced. Well designed and instant approval for 14k on the WE card. Was shipped and activated the card with no issues, no verification needed at all surprisingly. However the bank account didn't work, and didn't explain why. I had to go into a branch and verify ID for that, and they still didn't know how to do it, so I left and asked them to email when it's set up properly - they did in a day, so pretty good overall.

Now when I apply for this, I of course answer yes to do you have our debit card questions. This forces you to login to their online banking, which is not so slick.. Then click thru to find the card, there, redirects you back to the app page, apply - error: product not available. To test I tried with lots of other cards, all say this.

So I say No instead, fill out the app. Lets me get quite far, but after I enter my phone number, error, have to go to a branch.

Meh.

Perhaps they lock you down to 1 app every X months, or just plain 1 card ever online, rather bad.

I'd transfer to this one since it seems much better.. But yea don't think it's applicable for my bank unlimited package, plus I wouldn't get the welcome bonus.

I did get a few other cards recently so my score dropped some, but still is ok (and considering they instantly approved me for a lot before, don't see why I can't have two).. So i'll go try at the branch tommorow.
Dec 24, 2014
199 posts
154 upvotes
Locust Hill, ON
one more question. will i need to get my airmiles scanned for 2x airmiles when i make a purchase with this card? thanks in advance.
Nov 2, 2016
78 posts
41 upvotes
just got this card today. mine still has the old style shiny mc logo
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
2265 posts
305 upvotes
Mississauga
hraeta wrote: one more question. will i need to get my airmiles scanned for 2x airmiles when i make a purchase with this card? thanks in advance.
Where do you see 2X? My statement summary indicates I only earned the regular 1/$10 spend.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
2265 posts
305 upvotes
Mississauga
madara wrote: Where do you see 2X? My statement summary indicates I only earned the regular 1/$10 spend.

Edit: Just saw it. It seems like we have to scan the AM card to get the double points.
Jan 18, 2011
133 posts
376 upvotes
montreal
Yeah works like aeroplan. You still need to show your airmiles card at eligible retail stores to earn double (double dip)
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2356 posts
1999 upvotes
Halifax
I know there were some downvotes as current BMO Airmiles card holders are not eligible for this offer.

There is however another offer : Clearly upfront it is NOT AS GOOD.

But it is something.

When I was on the Airmiles site last night it prompted me for this :

To upgrade from my current AM 's card to a WE AM card :

As a special offer, when you upgrade by November 30, 2017 and spend $1,000 by December 31, 2017 on your new card, you will get 1,500 Bonus Miles1!
Plus, we’ll refund the first year’s annual fee of $1208!

Yes it is 1500 AM's NOT 3000... and Yes... it does not include a companion flight.

But it is something.

The same conditions apply... like over $ 80 K income etc...

I am not sure that this Link is going to work... I accessed it via the Airmiles page.

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Promo?pro ... cale=en_CA

Please do not Downvote as it is not as good. It is for information only.

As a special offer, when you upgrade by November 30, 2017 and spend $1,000 by December 31, 2017 on your new card, you will get 1,500 Bonus Miles1!
Plus, we’ll refund the first year’s annual fee of $120!
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1165 posts
199 upvotes
Currently have the WE (non-Airmiles) card and am generally happy with it, but this looks good. From what I gather, I can still apply for this one as a *new* card (not a switch) and get all the bonuses... or my wife could apply instead (as a 'new' application) even though she's got a spousal card for the current WE Mastercard.

Will find out soon... :)

Thanks OP and everyone else who has shared their good info!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
1974 posts
156 upvotes
British Columbia
Dont go with Airmiles. Ditch them, just about every program is better than them.
[external advertising link removed]
Feb 12, 2002
817 posts
227 upvotes
Vancouver
I was looking for YVR - LAS round trip, it should be only 1900 airmiles in the past but unfortunately, those lowest miles only apply to one stop flights from Alaska Air. All the non stop flights with Air Canada or Westjet are now 2947 miles, at least for the dates I was searching. Looks like it's harder to find non stop flights at the lowest amount of airmiles.
Feb 8, 2012
199 posts
126 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
bhp wrote: I was looking for YVR - LAS round trip, it should be only 1900 airmiles in the past but unfortunately, those lowest miles only apply to one stop flights from Alaska Air. All the non stop flights with Air Canada or Westjet are now 2947 miles, at least for the dates I was searching. Looks like it's harder to find non stop flights at the lowest amount of airmiles.
I found they only have the lowest points for one airline at a time. Not sure why. If delta is low. Westjet and ac are higher.

Sometimes I'll get multiple options from wj at the lowest but ac is double. I live in sk so not many options usually for direct flghts besides calgary or toronto.
Jun 25, 2012
123 posts
47 upvotes
Vancouver
bhp wrote: I was looking for YVR - LAS round trip, it should be only 1900 airmiles in the past but unfortunately, those lowest miles only apply to one stop flights from Alaska Air. All the non stop flights with Air Canada or Westjet are now 2947 miles, at least for the dates I was searching. Looks like it's harder to find non stop flights at the lowest amount of airmiles.
Welp. If you have 6k you can get the 2fer or at least 25% off with the WE (2,210), but still...

What are the taxes and fees on that flight?
Jun 25, 2012
123 posts
47 upvotes
Vancouver
MC25 wrote: Dont go with Airmiles. Ditch them, just about every program is better than them.
This is definitely the case, but it never hurts to have multiple reward streams on the go - different uses. I'll use this for a short-stop that I wouldn't want to waste AMEX, Aeroplan or other points on. A $350 award is still equivalent to 10%+ cash back on the 3k miles/$3k spend