Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
BMO

[YMMV] Targeted Email BMO Smart Saver Account 3.25% until Apr 30, 2019

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2019 12:35 am
Apr 1, 2017
22 posts
23 upvotes

[BMO] [YMMV] Targeted Email BMO Smart Saver Account 3.25% until Apr 30, 2019

Grow your savings with a bonus interest rate. Open a BMO Smart Saver Account and earn 3.25% on every dollar you deposit until April 30, 2019.* The bonus rate will revert back to the posted rate after the offer period.

This offer is only available through BMO Online Banking. To qualify for this bonus rate, you must open your new Smart Saver Account using the exclusive link below on your desktop or laptop computer. Applications made through BMO Mobile Banking via smartphone or tablet will not qualify.

Why save with BMO’s Smart Saver Account?

• Bonus interest for opening a new account
• No monthly fee
• $0 Minimum monthly savings requirement
• 1 Free transfer monthly from Smart Saver Account²

Get a jump on your savings with this bonus offer and save for long term goals while earning a competitive interest rate, on every dollar regardless of your balance.
Got this offer in my email. It says it is targeted and only works on a computer or laptop (not smartphone or tablet). I do not currently have a Smart Saver Account, though I have closed one less than a year ago. This is slightly better than the 3.15% promotion with Simplii right now.

The downside of this account is you can only withdraw free once a month, or you will be charged $5, so be careful if you need to make frequent withdrawals.
26 replies
Feb 18, 2015
93 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
From the T&C on https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/bank- ... ingsbonus/
"This offer is non-transferable and available only if you have been presented the offer via an email or through online banking or by a BMO employee."

I have a feeling one can call and ask the BMO employee over the phone to present them the offer.
Patience
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3824 posts
821 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the heads up, may be able to get tangerine to match this.
Nov 20, 2017
18 posts
78 upvotes
EdwardA376 wrote: From the T&C on https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/bank- ... ingsbonus/
"This offer is non-transferable and available only if you have been presented the offer via an email or through online banking or by a BMO employee."

I have a feeling one can call and ask the BMO employee over the phone to present them the offer.
I called in today asking for this promo, the rep said she couldn't find this offer in her system, so this is definitely targeted. HSBC is only offering 3.1% and its a fixed term GIC for 120 days... Would've love to just transfer from my current Savings Builder to this new Smart Savings, but I guess it's never that easy ;(

Please let me know if anyone is successful in getting this promo if they didn't get the email.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
2104 posts
1920 upvotes
Ontario
ginger9300 wrote: I called in today asking for this promo, the rep said she couldn't find this offer in her system, so this is definitely targeted. HSBC is only offering 3.1% and its a fixed term GIC for 120 days... Would've love to just transfer from my current Savings Builder to this new Smart Savings, but I guess it's never that easy ;(
Got the email for the promo. I think I was targeted because I recently took a wak of money out of my BMO Savings Builder Account and away from BMO.

Why would BMO want to send the promo to you when they already have your bucks in their S. Builder Account and would have to pay you higher interest?
Just a theory only.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1321 posts
906 upvotes
East of Toronto
I clicked on the link in the OP. It took me to my existing BMO page and allowed me to open a Smart Saver account.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
2104 posts
1920 upvotes
Ontario
DRC wrote: I clicked on the link in the OP. It took me to my existing BMO page and allowed me to open a Smart Saver account.
But are you getting the Bonus interest?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1321 posts
906 upvotes
East of Toronto
profile wrote: But are you getting the Bonus interest?
I suppose I will know for sure in a couple days given that we are near the end of the month. I do meet the qualifications since I checked the terms and conditions box and was "presented the offer...through online banking..."
Nov 6, 2017
152 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
Got the same email. Transferred some money into it
Apr 1, 2017
22 posts
23 upvotes
DRC wrote: I suppose I will know for sure in a couple days given that we are near the end of the month. I do meet the qualifications since I checked the terms and conditions box and was "presented the offer...through online banking..."
When I am logged into online banking and I click on the new account, the Bank Plan shown says "Promotional Interest". It might say the same for yours too.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8540 posts
2650 upvotes
Toronto
i GOT A similar offer but it was from AIRMILES open BMO Airmiles Bank Plan and get 1000 air miles (might be YMMV)

Click here for full BMO Chequing Account Offer details. https://www.bmo.com/assets/pdfs/edb-cam ... itions.pdf

1. In order to get the 1,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles (“Offer”), customers must: 1) open a Canadian Dollar Primary Chequing Account with a new AIR MILES Bank Plan between January 15, 2019 and April 30, 2019 (“Offer Period”). 2) Make a deposit of any amount to the Lead Chequing Account by April 30, 2019. 3) Set up one (1) recurring direct deposit into the Lead Chequing Account and have at least one (1) direct deposit transaction posted to the lead account by May 31, 2019. Customers who have an existing BMO Canadian or U.S. Dollar Primary Chequing Account, Canadian or U.S. Dollar Interest Chequing Account, BMO Sobeys AIR MILES Chequing Account, BMO Club Sobeys Chequing Account, BMO IGA AIR MILES Chequing Account (each an “Existing Account”) are not eligible for this Offer. Customers who closed their Existing Account between January 1, 2019 – April 30, 2019, and subsequently open a new Chequing Account are not eligible for this Offer. The AIR MILES Bonus Miles will be applied to the AIR MILES Collector Account of eligible customers by July 19, 2019. Offer may be changed, withdrawn, or extended at any time without notice.

2. Use the Cash Miles in your AIR MILES Cash Account in-store in increments of 95 Cash Miles for every $10 towards your purchases at participating AIR MILES Partner locations to a maximum of $750 (7,125 Cash Miles) per day (gift cards and near-cash products are excluded and other exclusions may also apply); maximum of $60 per transaction (570 Cash Miles), up to 5 eligible transactions totalling $300 per day at Shell; and online at airmiles.ca/cash in increments of 95 Cash Miles for every $10 worth of value from participating Reward Partners to a maximum of $750 (7,125 Cash Miles) per day. eVouchers can be used at participating Reward Partners' locations in Canada only. See specific eVoucher Reward page for details and any restrictions. You must have accumulated sufficient Cash Miles in your Collector Account in order to use Miles towards in-store purchases and eVouchers. All Rewards offered are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice. For complete details, visit airmiles.ca.

3. Includes everyday banking transactions at a BMO branch, BMO ATM, BMO Telephone, BMO Online and BMO Mobile and Tablet Banking, debit card purchases, cheques drawn on your account and Pre-Authorized Payments. Interac e-Transfer transactions are subject to maximum transfer dollar amounts. A cancellation fee may still apply when you cancel the transaction.

4. Award of AIR MILES Reward miles is made for debit card purchases minus refunds from your Primary Chequing Account. The number of Miles will be rounded down to the nearest whole number. Fractions of Miles will not be awarded.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1321 posts
906 upvotes
East of Toronto
gravityfunk wrote: When I am logged into online banking and I click on the new account, the Bank Plan shown says "Promotional Interest". It might say the same for yours too.
Thanks, it does say "Promotional Interest".
Feb 8, 2019
1 posts
Anyone not get the email, but able to sign up and get an account with "promotional interest?" Any way to check that we are getting the extra interest?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2013
1149 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
can we get this offer on a tfsa with them?
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Got the email today ... after hassling and bickering at my local branch with Financial advisor(s) / assistant manager etc ... calling President's office even ..

But not long was checking my email .. and they sent me this offer today ... same end date - April 30th ...

Gonna participate more likely ... 2 1/2 months is better than kick in the butt ... lol :)
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Opened the account on Feb. 14th ... deposited the money on Feb. 15th ...

I guess I am in for 3.25% now ... until (and including) April 30th, 2019 ... 2.5 months basically.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Opened the account on Feb. 14th ... deposited the money on Feb. 15th ...

I guess I am in for 3.25% now ... until (and including) April 30th, 2019 ... 2.5 months basically.
The amount of interest BMO paid for the month of February was 100% correct / accurate. .... it was correct right to last penny :D (paid from the day I deposited the cheque at BMO teller ... that I wrote to myself - Feb 15 to Feb 28).
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2009
1108 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto
Did you expect it not to be?! Lol I'd be worried if the banks couldn't do math correct to the penny
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
astroboy100 wrote: Did you expect it not to be?! Lol I'd be worried if the banks couldn't do math correct to the penny
Well ............... The similar promo that TD Bank had last year (targeted as well), that ended on Dec 31, 2018 ........ -- The interest they paid me for the 1st month of promo was around $80 off ... I called the "problem resolution" department of theirs (aka "complaints" department maybe) ... and the lady who called me back in a couple of days after my phone conversation with them ... basically offered me $100 even ... (to "make it good", I guess). I accepted their offer of $100 ... so basically made around extra 20 dollars or so (in my eyes).

Something like that ..... :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)