Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
BMR

Training/Balance Bike [BERIO] - for kids - @ BMR for 29.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2020 3:07 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes

[BMR] Training/Balance Bike [BERIO] - for kids - @ BMR for 29.99

Just happened to see this when I switched to BMR to check on some home reno supplies since Reno pissed me off cancelling my order (see the Dewalt 12V thread).
Found this and I'm much happier getting this for my little one, instead of that Dewalt set. :)
bike.jpg
No idea what these bikes go for, but shipping is free with $35 spend or more, so I added some solar lights that I needed anyway.

There is a RED version too (but looks OOS) here.

BMR is a Quebec chain but they ship across Canada.

Cheers
37 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3676 posts
403 upvotes
From experience I would say it's probably easier to teach your kid how to ride a bike with these than it is to start with training wheels then take them off.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
Electricute wrote: From experience I would say it's probably easier to teach your kid how to ride a bike with these than it is to start with training wheels then take them off.
This is what I read too, this is why I'm buying it :)
Oct 14, 2017
412 posts
297 upvotes
London
Thanks OP. Ordered a scooter for my daughters upcoming birthday.
Nov 30, 2009
305 posts
123 upvotes
Québec
My two kids 3-4 y/o are already using training wheels, is it too late for this? What is the recommended age? Tires are 12 inches which seem small..?
Mar 7, 2011
141 posts
87 upvotes
slay3r85 wrote: My two kids 3-4 y/o are already using training wheels, is it too late for this? What is the recommended age? Tires are 12 inches which seem small..?
Probably a little on the small side for your kids. My son outgrew his balance bike at 4.
Sep 9, 2012
448 posts
320 upvotes
Ottawa
Add to cart is greyed out for me. Anyone else?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
sliu070 wrote: Add to cart is greyed out for me. Anyone else?
Just clicked on the original link, works ok, can add to cart...
Sep 9, 2012
448 posts
320 upvotes
Ottawa
sjangss wrote: any good filler?
Take a look at clearance and sale section I guess. I picked up a 50ft garden hose for $25 to get free shipping.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18696 posts
5728 upvotes
do they ship to Ontario?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
1084 posts
239 upvotes
kiasu wrote: do they ship to Ontario?
I got free shipping to BC, so my assumption would be yes!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18696 posts
5728 upvotes
kendorama wrote: I got free shipping to BC, so my assumption would be yes!
I placed an order last night..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Electricute wrote: From experience I would say it's probably easier to teach your kid how to ride a bike with these than it is to start with training wheels then take them off.
I think it's a generational shift, and balance bikes are the new normal. We didn't have balance bikes when I was young, at least I don't think we did. Anyways, both my kids went from balance bikes to regular bikes without the need for training wheels. In fact, we just shifted one over last week and I'm surprised how easy it was.

Of course there will be outliers.
Oct 20, 2009
582 posts
243 upvotes
Calgary
agreed, these balance bikes are more effective than training wheels for teaching.
first daughter learned two wheels few months before her 4th birthday.
second daughter learned two wheels a few days ago, she turns 5 in August.

instead of kids already knowing how to pedal, and trying to learn balance, this is the opposite. they know how to balance, they just need to remember to pedal.
Mar 8, 2010
203 posts
135 upvotes
Can vouch for these balance bikes. My 2 year old started with this last year. He turns 4 in September and is riding 2 wheels already. The hard part for him learning to ride his regular bike wasn't the pedaling, it was braking. He was so accustomed to braking with his feet, that he stopped pedaling to place his feet on the ground to stop. That lasted about 2 weeks.
Oct 20, 2009
582 posts
243 upvotes
Calgary
agreed, my 4yr old still uses her feet on the ground to slow down as well.
Nov 12, 2008
199 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
Can anybody tell me how high is the lowest seat setting? My 2 yo is not tall enough to ride his wooden balance bike yet.