Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
1150 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: that's exactly. Look at the many 2019 RS cars they now have to get rid of. They held on to them for the longest time and probably turned away many reasonable offers in past year.

For the M cars, one can get like 5% discount off on most models at the beginning of any new model year without much fight at all.
Great news for my F97 X3MC wishlist then! Or a G82 if the end product doesn't turn out that fugly.. im neutral on the normal 4er looks so far :D
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
that grille sure is a game changer .... to each their own
Nov 16, 2006
455 posts
91 upvotes
KVGAlpine wrote: Hi,

Facts:
End of lease of my BMW 4 series.
It has less than 35,000 km after 4 years.
I want to try and sell it privately. If I can not get a good price for selling it privately - I would like to keep driving it for a year or two.
The dealer says that there is an admin fee of $999 + HST on top of the residual value / end of lease value to buy out the car at the end of the lease and it is in the BMW Contract and non-negotiable as they want me to buy a new car and not keep the old one.

Question:
Is this reasonable (seems ridiculous as they would have incurred more admin time if I return the car and they put it to auction or added it to their used car department). Any way to get around this?
I believe this fee can be different from dealer to dealer, so definitely call around as you can pay off the residual at any dealership
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
glad that I found this thread.
I am looking to buy a used BMW 2016 X1 or X3, they are selling for the same price, and the millage difference is less than 3k.
TBH, I don't know which one to pick,
some free VIN check websites indicate that the X3 is manufactured in the US while the X1 is manufactured in German, does it affect the depreciation in any way?
appreciate some inputs.

p.s. is the m sport, enhanced worth the extra money on an X1?
Jul 12, 2013
275 posts
184 upvotes
Saint-Bruno-de-Monta…
keshan wrote: glad that I found this thread.
I am looking to buy a used BMW 2016 X1 or X3, they are selling for the same price, and the millage difference is less than 3k.
TBH, I don't know which one to pick,
some free VIN check websites indicate that the X3 is manufactured in the US while the X1 is manufactured in German, does it affect the depreciation in any way?
appreciate some inputs.

p.s. is the m sport, enhanced worth the extra money on an X1?
Not a fan of SUV but had loaners of both X1 and X3, and they are both decent. I guess it comes down to if you want a smaller one or bigger.

The enhanced will be worth getting (so it's not a bare metal) but the m sport probably not if you don't want to spend extra for the look. The new X3m is another story but don't see much value in those m sport packs on non m cars.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
cokeboy wrote: Not a fan of SUV but had loaners of both X1 and X3, and they are both decent. I guess it comes down to if you want a smaller one or bigger.

The enhanced will be worth getting (so it's not a bare metal) but the m sport probably not if you don't want to spend extra for the look. The new X3m is another story but don't see much value in those m sport packs on non m cars.
Thanks. The wife insists on getting a sub rather then a 3 series. I am currently driving a Grand Cherokee, so I might want a roomy one, and surprisingly the X1 is "larger" by a few inches.
Jul 12, 2013
275 posts
184 upvotes
Saint-Bruno-de-Monta…
keshan wrote: Thanks. The wife insists on getting a sub rather then a 3 series. I am currently driving a Grand Cherokee, so I might want a roomy one, and surprisingly the X1 is "larger" by a few inches.
Absolutely Thumbs Up Sign X1 will be good then. X3 is just bigger. The driving dynamic is very similar and equally comfortable.
Feb 3, 2017
47 posts
2 upvotes
Any good site or place that sells quality y parts ?
Looking for brake pads
Thanks in advance

Dealer labour rates are killer
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
For factory oem parts, exoparts (Mississauga). About 25/30% off dealer pricing
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
1150 upvotes
Toronto
notenoughsleep wrote: Oh dear God...

seems like they want to emulate the audi size grill but that just doesn't work well with the twin kidney design lol .... what makes it worse is sticking a license plate in the middle of that mess... have i mentioned how poorly implemented the radar is?

Jun 7, 2010
317 posts
97 upvotes
Hi All,

I am turning in my leased X5 end of this month, however, this weekend I ended up with a repaired rock chip becoming a cracked windshield. Just in time!

Are are any decent places for X5 windshield replacement and calibration (I have HUD), that will be cheaper alternatives than the dealerships, in TO or Montreal? Local dealer has quoted me around $2300 for windshield replacement. Although, OEM ones can be done for just under $1000, I don't think I am allowed to have a windshield without the roundel?

TIA!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
4101 posts
6125 upvotes
Barrie, ON
You think they're going to check the windshield when you bring the truck in?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
just get insurance to pay for the OE windshield (less your deductible). over $2000 for OE seems pretty outrageous (even with HUD).
Jun 7, 2010
317 posts
97 upvotes
mxthor3 wrote: You think they're going to check the windshield when you bring the truck in?
Yes. When you bring a leased vehicle, they go over it with a fine comb and bill for anything that falls outside of normal wear and tear.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
4101 posts
6125 upvotes
Barrie, ON
deadsea wrote: Yes. When you bring a leased vehicle, they go over it with a fine comb and bill for anything that falls outside of normal wear and tear.
Sounds like it's time to make that insurance claim for the windshield.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2937 upvotes
Markham
mxthor3 wrote: You think they're going to check the windshield when you bring the truck in?
They will for sure. To give you an example, I once traded in my few years old 3 series for another one. They request/demand I replaced the OEM with the genuine (Wilmington logo) one. Otherwise they wont take the car or knock $1000 off the trade in price. Reason being without the genuine glass, it will not meet CPO requirement.

So short story is Yes, if they check the windshield on a potential trade-in....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)