Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
29410 posts
15208 upvotes
Toronto
anything is possible. BMW offers 4 months jump ahead program. You can call up your dealer to see what they are willing to offer you and you can evaluate the proposal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2011
1772 posts
1662 upvotes
Toronto
Can't use the pull ahead if you're not buying a replacement through BMW.

Still worth checking though.. Some are returnable early for the dealer to buy out and re-sell, most are not (even with the hot market).
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2006
1852 posts
424 upvotes
Thornhill
xjesterxx wrote: Can't use the pull ahead if you're not buying a replacement through BMW.

Still worth checking though.. Some are returnable early for the dealer to buy out and re-sell, most are not (even with the hot market).
I have a 2018 4 series that i am handing back in June and asked if I they would take it back early and the answer was NO, and yes if I get another BMW. I only put 45k on the car with unused original run flats and they still said no.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2011
1772 posts
1662 upvotes
Toronto
cruisn76 wrote: I have a 2018 4 series that i am handing back in June and asked if I they would take it back early and the answer was NO, and yes if I get another BMW. I only put 45k on the car with unused original run flats and they still said no.
LEV (residual or lease end value) is too high on 4-Series.. they overshot the market by about 10% which is everything when trying to resell.

I’ve seen loaded 2018 4-Series with 15,000km and 4 payments left be $5-6000 off what would be considered “buyable” to potentially sell without losing money.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 23, 2009
899 posts
271 upvotes
Halifax
Anyone that wants to pay more $$ for a 2018 340 MPE, here is your chance! The bidding ends before lunch hour, but I suspect he won't get what he wants.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203344602854?m ... 01&mkevt=1 also on autotrader https://www.autotrader.ca/a/bmw/3%20ser ... S9&sprx=-1

Or you could go for this one even more $$$ https://www.autotrader.ca/a/bmw/3%20ser ... S9&sprx=-1 ofcourse it looks like he bought it from Otto's so probably paid well over MSRP.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
29410 posts
15208 upvotes
Toronto
LOL. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

seems like the seller has pretty good salesmanship ... that I will give him credit for.
Sr. Member
Oct 12, 2014
728 posts
113 upvotes
North York, ON
Just received a drivetrain related error on my 2018 BMW X1 and all the car does is start and dies. The error message was "drivetrain possible to continue journey" and nothing about malfunction.

Are all drivetrain related issues covered under the 4 year warranty?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
29410 posts
15208 upvotes
Toronto
Could be weak battery related which can cause the electronic error message ?

In any case, drivetrain is covered under 4/80,000
Sr. Member
Oct 12, 2014
728 posts
113 upvotes
North York, ON
booblehead wrote: Could be weak battery related which can cause the electronic error message ?

In any case, drivetrain is covered under 4/80,000
All drivetrain issues covered under 4/80,000?
Sr. Member
Aug 21, 2010
923 posts
356 upvotes
toronto
update what a difference in price
took it to a indy shop and mentioned bmw rating LL01 needed
cost for oil change 92 tax in
as with dealership as we have always done 200 plus
your best bet wrote: usually take the car bmw to the dealership for oil change...now due to pandemic, there not doing the oil change on weekend,,as well, if need to do one,,have to drop off car in the mornuing and when they get to it, they get to it for mon-fri...
- called rpm motors and there booked
- my question is do you think independant shops that deal with all cars, know the type of oil for the bmw...
thanks
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1828 posts
1174 upvotes
Markham
your best bet wrote: update what a difference in price
took it to a indy shop and mentioned bmw rating LL01 needed
cost for oil change 92 tax in
as with dealership as we have always done 200 plus
Did u ask what brand oil and filter they use ? U should.
Reason being, 7l of good synthetic plus oem filter will cost $90 already
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
1493 posts
886 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
yellowlight18 wrote: Just received a drivetrain related error on my 2018 BMW X1 and all the car does is start and dies. The error message was "drivetrain possible to continue journey" and nothing about malfunction.

Are all drivetrain related issues covered under the 4 year warranty?
You’ll be covered under warranty. I suspect they’ll start with the engine control module tossing out a code or two.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 3, 2006
2685 posts
740 upvotes
Just picked up a new X5 with premium essential and m sport appearance packages. Any tips for a first-time BMW (lessor) driver?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
29410 posts
15208 upvotes
Toronto
hi-tech wrote: Just picked up a new X5 with premium essential and m sport appearance packages. Any tips for a first-time BMW (lessor) driver?
congrats. Drive it hard. You paid for a very nice suv, no need to baby it. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 23, 2009
899 posts
271 upvotes
Halifax
booblehead wrote: LOL. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

seems like the seller has pretty good salesmanship ... that I will give him credit for.
This guy thinks his car is extremely special, there is nothing wrong with wanting top dollar for your car, but this is beyond. He couldn't sell it to an American on ebay for 45,500 US$, so he increases the price from 55,300 to 57,300 on autotrader. LMAO
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1488 posts
1802 upvotes
Barrie, ON
hi-tech wrote: Just picked up a new X5 with premium essential and m sport appearance packages. Any tips for a first-time BMW (lessor) driver?
Don't get sucked into those giant grills! Beauty purchase. They've got awesome presence on the road.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
1493 posts
886 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
hi-tech wrote: Just picked up a new X5 with premium essential and m sport appearance packages. Any tips for a first-time BMW (lessor) driver?
The first rule of BMW ownership is: you do not fret about BMW maintenance.

The second rule of BMW ownership is: you do not fret about BMW maintenance.

The third rule of BMW ownership is: dash warning says stop, engine goes into limp mode, transmission taps out…the fun is over.

Only two miles per gallon.

One mile at a time, fellas.

No shoes, no shirt, no oil change.

Drives will go on for as long as they have to.

And if this is your first night with your BMW…you have to drive.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 20, 2007
1782 posts
193 upvotes
NeverNeverLand
Hi There,
Can anyone recommend a rear mount bike rack/system for an 2018 X1? I called BMW and they said a Hitch was not available for the X1 2018 model? Also can't use a Trunk Mount Bike Rack as the hooks will damage the spoiler.
Can anyone share how to transport bikes on a 2018 X1? There's not enough room inside the car with the seats down for 3 bikes.

Or can someone recommend a mount? I prefer not to use a roof rack, but if I have no choice then I will.

Thanks

Top