Wheels and Tires

BMW X3: Run Flat Tires (RFT), iDrive, spare tire

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2020 2:25 pm
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
27563 posts
12618 upvotes
Toronto
set of 4 tpms for $260 is not too bad (from a wheel/tire shop).

do ask for length of warranty of the tpms supplied. ask whether labor cost is also warrantied if the tpms have an issue during the warranty period. Put that in writing.
[OP]
Member
Mar 27, 2013
423 posts
32 upvotes
GTA
booblehead wrote: set of 4 tpms for $260 is not too bad (from a wheel/tire shop).

do ask for length of warranty of the tpms supplied. ask whether labor cost is also warrantied if the tpms have an issue during the warranty period. Put that in writing.
Excellent questions, thanks so much. Will definitely find out. Good to know that's a reasonable price! Are the sensors easy to reinstall, for when I purchase all seasons to replace the RFT? Or are the sensors meant for each set of 4 tires, and stays with the tires?
- It takes more effort to be sarcastic than polite!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
27563 posts
12618 upvotes
Toronto
sensors are mounted onto the wheels. They are not relevant for whether it's for all season, summer or winter tires. The intent of the sensor is to measure/monitor the air psi inside the wheels (tires mounted on)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2007
3322 posts
561 upvotes
GTA
Keep in mind that some vehicles will disable certain features like traction/stability control if there is a TPMS warning. I have no idea if the X3 will do this, but again for a couple of hundred bucks extra why risk it?
[OP]
Member
Mar 27, 2013
423 posts
32 upvotes
GTA
booblehead wrote: sensors are mounted onto the wheels. They are not relevant for whether it's for all season, summer or winter tires. The intent of the sensor is to measure/monitor the air psi inside the wheels (tires mounted on)
Many thanks!!
The_Professor wrote: Keep in mind that some vehicles will disable certain features like traction/stability control if there is a TPMS warning. I have no idea if the X3 will do this, but again for a couple of hundred bucks extra why risk it?
Thanks again, much appreciated.
- It takes more effort to be sarcastic than polite!

Top