• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2020 4:05 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
14282 posts
11412 upvotes
Richmond Hill
carztoronto wrote: Not exactly your case, but I was considering a Q7, X5 and XC90, and ended up buying the Volvo. All of them are great options, but I liked the design of the Volvo, seemed more unique and I value the way the dealership treats me (i.e. I have an app to schedule the maintenance and they drive to my house, drop a loaner, pick up my car, do the service and return the car disinfected)
I think the XC90 looks great compared to the other options in the same class of cars!
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1004 posts
513 upvotes
Richmond Hill
booblehead wrote: yup. Porsche Macan driving dynamics beats out all of them. Smiling Face With Open Mouth But the rear legroom is certainly tight.

Even prepaid maintenance is crazy expensive. $2100 for 3 yrs. $3800 for 4 yrs. Good thing is you can drink their fancy coffee in their ultra luxury lounge.
I start drinking crazy amounts of san pellegrinos when I'm in there Face With Tears Of Joy.

As for OP, I shopped between Macan and X3 before.. I went with the x3. I had a Macan Turbo loaner for a week and loved it.. but the rear seats were really bad. That and the turbo costed a bit more than the x3. The Q5 is very good too.. my family has one in tecknik and the B&O sound is amazing. Not sporty enough for me though.
May 7, 2016
408 posts
318 upvotes
scamit wrote: Damn, thats nice! I had a great experience as well at the Volvo dealership in Mississauga, really like Volvo's, they are definitely unique from the Germans. My buddy is seriously considering the XC90, how is the 3rd row? Any issues with it so far?
3rd row is good for occasional use. Bigger than the X5 and Q7 if I remember correctly, but with car seats in the second row it is difficult to get in (all cars have this issue unless they have captain chairs)

This is my second XC90. Bought a Momentum+ that had some teething pains in its first year (new engine, new platform), but nothing major. I always wanted a loaded RDesign and the dealership made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I am extremely happy with the car and have recommended it to all friends and family. In 2 years and counting I have only had a problem with a light.
[OP]
Mar 17, 2015
8 posts
3 upvotes
Verdun, QC
I initially went in and got pricing right before things went crazy in mid-March and I’m now being offered the T6 inscription + premium package for essentially the same as the T6 momentum without the package. After this feedback I may see what BMW can offer, but I’m happy to see positive things!
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3520 posts
246 upvotes
Richmond
teamcoco wrote: I initially went in and got pricing right before things went crazy in mid-March and I’m now being offered the T6 inscription + premium package for essentially the same as the T6 momentum without the package. After this feedback I may see what BMW can offer, but I’m happy to see positive things!
I was researching Volvo's and their residuals and 1% conquest offer recently makes it a pretty competitive deal to lease compared to BMW. When looking at the S60 I found that the residuals for the R-Design and Inscription trims were better than Momentum, basically resulting in more car for not a lot more money.

I have driven both vehicles and the X3 is a lot more fun to drive, if that matters. iDrive is obviously superior as well, but its importance is a little overstated if you plan on using Android Auto or your phone anyways (with auto climate control I don't really touch my car's settings). The XC60 is more luxurious and the seats are more comfortable. More importantly, I would trust Volvo more in terms of safety and crash-worthiness. I know the X3 has IIHS Safety+ and the Volvo does not, but Volvo's crash test results have always been excellent and their reputation was one reason I considered them.