Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% Off
Retailer:
BoatSmartExam.com
More offers from BoatSmartExam.com
Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 10.38.37 AM.png

Fast, official and easy. Take your BOATsmart!® Exam online and get your Canadian boating license for life. Start, stop and take as long as you need. Plenty of time to get it done before summer.

Licensed in 3 steps:
  1. Study Online
  2. Pass the Test
  3. Licensed for Life
Enjoy!
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7109 posts
1169 upvotes
Toronto
I thought $25 was the regular price. That's what I paid for mine.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1211 posts
565 upvotes
Oakville
Not really a deal. There are places offering it for $20 taxes in. Google is your friend.
Oct 22, 2016
562 posts
444 upvotes
Comox Valley
Went to a boat show 10 plus years ago in Vancouver. One outfit had it free to take the test. If you pass, and only then if you want a license, you can pay and get it. I never operated a boat in my life, took the test and passed, and then paid for the license. I just felt the questions were just common sense, and easy to pass.
[OP]
May 11, 2019
28 posts
16 upvotes
PrimaryTech wrote: Not really a deal. There are places offering it for $20 taxes in. Google is your friend.
We all debated this in the other thread at the start of the summer. My family has done tests through different providers, but we prefer boat smart. The cheaper $20 options are run out of some guys garage - no after sales support and if you ever lose your card, good luck getting a new one. I'd rather go with the national brand than some guy's part time business. The course is a lot better too, worth the extra $5+tax.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1211 posts
565 upvotes
Oakville
Spennie wrote: We all debated this in the other thread at the start of the summer. My family has done tests through different providers, but we prefer boat smart. The cheaper $20 options are run out of some guys garage - no after sales support and if you ever lose your card, good luck getting a new one. I'd rather go with the national brand than some guy's part time business. The course is a lot better too, worth the extra $5+tax.
They are all the same. And if for some reason one of them goes out of business simply call Boating Safety Infoline at 1-800-267-6687 and they will look up where you originally registered and will reissue your license if you lost it.

Why pay more for the same $hit.
[OP]
May 11, 2019
28 posts
16 upvotes
PrimaryTech wrote: They are all the same. And if for some reason one of them goes out of business simply call Boating Safety Infoline at 1-800-267-6687 and they will look up where you originally registered and will reissue your license if you lost it.

Why pay more for the same $hit.
Again, we covered this in the other topic. They are not all the same. Some are just static content on a page (not good for kids... Who's 12 year old is going to read a hundred pages of info and retain it). The more expensive courses have video lessons etc.

Anyways, we can agree to disagree Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2755 posts
510 upvotes
Ontario
Good gift fir the Oleary family.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨