• Nov 20th, 2017 9:05 pm
[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
708 posts
376 upvotes

Wool men's suits $59-$79; wool pants $14.99

Retailer:
Bobby's Clearance
There used to be a Sears outlet store located at Don Mills Road and Steeles Ave. East, right at the border between Toronto and Markham. After it was shut down, a clearance store popped up (opened last Sunday, Nov. 5/17). I think it's Bobby's Clearance store, or something; I could not find them online. I found them when I went there on Sunday, accidentally. I do not know whether they got these suits from Sears, or not. Some of the suits still have the old prices on them. I found:

- Nautica 100% wool suits, with original price tags of $795, being sold for $59.99;
- Italian 100% wool suits, with original price tags of $1,495, going for $79.99;
- Canadian made wool pants, originally selling for $275, going for $14,99.

There's still quite a bit of stock. I am not sure people are aware of the quality of these. Anyway, I got a couple suits and they seem pretty well made. Happy hunting.
30 replies
Nov 7, 2013
977 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
I live right by there. Gonna check it out tomorrow.

What kind of fits do they have? Any slim/modern styles?
[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
708 posts
376 upvotes
hssironman wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 9:31 pm
I live right by there. Gonna check it out tomorrow.

What kind of fits do they have? Any slim/modern styles?
It's hard to tell. There are certainly some slim/modern styles but also some older types. The European sizes are different than the American ones. For example, if you wear suit 44 pants 36 (American), then the European suit will be 56/48. The sizes are all over the place. Again, this is one of these where you will have to hunt for them, as they are NOT in particular order. It's like someone just dumped a whole lot of pants/suits, over night.
Nov 7, 2013
977 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
^^^ Thanks. Seems like it's gonna take a bit of digging around. I'll be sure to allot a fair amount of time to spend there. Do they have change rooms to let you try them on?
Oct 6, 2006
59 posts
112 upvotes
Kitchener
Do you folks have a more accurate address?
I'll head out there tomorrow but I'm not too familiar with the area.
Or, a phone number for the place? I'd like to know the hours too.
Thanks!
May 21, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
meatball80 wrote: Do you folks have a more accurate address?
I'll head out there tomorrow but I'm not too familiar with the area.
Or, a phone number for the place? I'd like to know the hours too.
Thanks!
2900 Steeles Ave E, Thornhill, ON L3T 4X1
[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
708 posts
376 upvotes
hssironman wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 9:45 pm
^^^ Thanks. Seems like it's gonna take a bit of digging around. I'll be sure to allot a fair amount of time to spend there. Do they have change rooms to let you try them on?
Yes, they have the change rooms, as they are located right in the old Sears spot. And yes, you will definitely have to do a bit of digging. It took me a bit until I found the suits that fit me, as they're not necessarily placed on the right hangers, in order and so forth. In terms of hours, I'm not sure when they open, but when I went last night, they closed at 8 pm.
Feb 27, 2009
576 posts
181 upvotes
What brand are the suits?

Op said Italian suits, any more info?

Is this just old sears stuff or other companies?
[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
708 posts
376 upvotes
yellman wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:42 am
What brand are the suits?

Op said Italian suits, any more info?

Is this just old sears stuff or other companies?
Just different Italian-brand companies (as well as Canadian), nothing that stood out, in terms of brand names. Again, huge caveat regarding old sears stock; not sure if it was theirs OR not related to sears at all. I don't know.
Feb 27, 2009
576 posts
181 upvotes
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:53 am
Just different Italian-brand companies (as well as Canadian), nothing that stood out, in terms of brand names. Again, huge caveat regarding old sears stock; not sure if it was theirs OR not related to sears at all. I don't know.
So you figure it is just a made up Italian name for the purposes of selling? Are they three or two button? How trim are the pant legs?
[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
708 posts
376 upvotes
yellman wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:09 pm
So you figure it is just a made up Italian name for the purposes of selling? Are they three or two button? How trim are the pant legs?
It's says on the label "made in Italy", also the branding is in Italian. They're mixed with Canadian ones too. I saw 2- and 3-button ones. Can't recall the trims.
Sep 16, 2012
139 posts
92 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
thanked, op! i picked up 2 pairs of coppley dress pants for $14.99 each. good deal.

the lady told me that this is all the stock they will have - they just brought the stock over from a clothing store that folded. there is a whole bunch of new designer stuff (d&g, coppley, armani jeans, just cavalli, versace, gianfranco ferre, etc.), mixed in with used clothes, mixed in with the nautica and other common brands, mixed in with some custom/bespoke items that I guess no one claimed. great rummaging, but be careful though, there at defects mixed in as well (holes, tears, etc.).
Dec 16, 2007
36 posts
23 upvotes
I was there today. It was really hard to find anything, as sizes were all over the place, and it seemed that they are either huge (46) or small (24). Everything seemed "straight legged" so nothing that was more fashionable - IMO. The other issue is that everything is mixed together - used and new, different sizes. There were no over coats left. It seemed that the stock seemed ancient - from some back storeroom from Sears. I tried to look through stuff, but it was just too difficult, and was mostly turning up things that were not sized correctly. There were confusing price tags too - some pants had $5.99 and $19.99 tags. I guess it is a liquidation place so don't expect too much....I guess you can't for the prices they have.
Sep 1, 2016
15 posts
18 upvotes
Pure garbage. Yes they have designers but they're really dated and ugly in general, hence why they're so heavily discounted.