Corman Park, SK

Bodum 34oz French Press coffee maker 12.95

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Bodum
Just got new specials from Bodum. They have a French Press coffee maker, the 34 oz size which is the 1 liter for 4 regular cups (8 small european cups) on sale for 12.95 which is 50% off. Looks like this one is a new colour which is probably why the promotion. Not sure how long the sale goes, as I just got the e-mail. So don't wait to long, as it will probably sell fast.

https://www.bodum.com/ca/en/1918-338b-y19-caffettiera
Thread Summary
Picked up a coffee maker and looking for a better grinder? RFD Reviews' has a list of the best coffee grinders available now!
31 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2086 posts
969 upvotes
Ontario
$8.80 shipping kills the deal for me.

Edit: Not sure why once added to cart the price shows $14.64, for those who are still interested, use code BODUM_10 to get 10% off.
Last edited by Headbeancounter on Feb 18th, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Jan 15, 2016
542 posts
541 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Headbeancounter wrote: $8.80 shipping kills the deal for me.
Almost same as retail with shipping. Just grabbed a few from winners for $8.00 on clearance for same size. The small ones were $5.00.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1335 posts
215 upvotes
Richmond Hill
biscuits wrote: Almost same as retail with shipping. Just grabbed a few from winners for $8.00 on clearance for same size. The small ones were $5.00.
The mash/filter in Bodum are much strong and fit tighter than all the no name I cross path with, Bodum press cost more but it totally worth the extra few dollar. Mine is the Starbuck plastic version, it saw daily use for the last 10yrs - SB still carry it I think.

For the 8cup press the most you can do is 5 cup, fyi.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3512 posts
3102 upvotes
Toronto
Headbeancounter wrote: $8.80 shipping kills the deal for me.

Edit: Not sure why once added to cart the price shows $14.64, for those who are still interested, use code BODIUM_10 to get 10% off.
its BODUM_10 and I was able to get it for 12.95 - 10% = $11.65
just need $50 worth of filler to get free shipping
Jan 15, 2016
542 posts
541 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Focus wrote: The mash/filter in Bodum are much strong and fit tighter than all the no name I cross path with, Bodum press cost more but it totally worth the extra few dollar. Mine is the Starbuck plastic version, it saw daily use for the last 10yrs - SB still carry it I think.

For the 8cup press the most you can do is 5 cup, fyi.
i got bodum ones, not the no name ones.
Jan 8, 2008
323 posts
93 upvotes
YYC
White handle and lid is a bad idea with coffee.
Nov 25, 2020
13 posts
8 upvotes
I have gone through 2 IKEA french presses, the glass shattered on both after 6-12 months of normal use. The bodum one seems sturdier.
Jan 31, 2016
241 posts
91 upvotes
Arva, ON
Wait for the yard sales. I guarantee you'll get 10 of these by one day if you are unlucky.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2086 posts
969 upvotes
Ontario
s12345 wrote: BODIUM_10 is invalid
My bad, it is BODUM_10
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1228 posts
889 upvotes
My personal experience is glass is overly delicate for something you'd use and wash daily, especially if it's thin. Of course, mine was a KSP brand so it was basically trash, and cracked after maybe a few months of infrequent use.

I bought an OXO made plastic one afterwards and have been using it daily, and it's served a peace of mind. I did make a tiny crack (probably because I knock the grinder on it all the time...) but it survived my abuse and remain usable...

Personally, I'd not go for glass anymore. Just my 2 cents.
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
Jan 15, 2016
542 posts
541 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Idlehands wrote: My personal experience is glass is overly delicate for something you'd use and wash daily, especially if it's thin. Of course, mine was a KSP brand so it was basically trash, and cracked after maybe a few months of infrequent use.

I bought an OXO made plastic one afterwards and have been using it daily, and it's served a peace of mind. I did make a tiny crack (probably because I knock the grinder on it all the time...) but it survived my abuse and remain usable...

Personally, I'd not go for glass anymore. Just my 2 cents.

I have 3 bodum ones and none have broken. From folks i know who also have bodum ones so far no issues. Id highly recommend their french presses and have been using them for more than 5 years now.
Dec 23, 2014
15 posts
3 upvotes
Guelph,ON
This is a cheap very low-quality plastic one. I ordered among many things, all crap. Want to return it they never replied to any of my emails. Facebook messages and so on.Terrible customer service and quality. I have a good one bought in France years ago, but this one is garbage. I think the company is going down.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1228 posts
889 upvotes
kuroshf wrote: This is a cheap very low-quality plastic one.
This is made of glass though:
The carafe is made of non-stain, heat-resistant borosilicate glass that won’t alter or impair the coffee’s natural flavor
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
Oct 25, 2006
561 posts
54 upvotes
my bodum broke today (better model than op) ...but, i'm opting for a dual wall stainless one instead. ...unless you use a wooden spoon to stir, the glass is too fragile.
Perfect eBay Feedback
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3512 posts
3102 upvotes
Toronto
anyone want to group buy downtown toronto? the shipping cost alone can almost buy another one
Nov 1, 2017
36 posts
15 upvotes
kuroshf wrote: This is a cheap very low-quality plastic one. I ordered among many things, all crap. Want to return it they never replied to any of my emails. Facebook messages and so on.Terrible customer service and quality. I have a good one bought in France years ago, but this one is garbage. I think the company is going down.
You're confused. The only plastic in this is the lid and handle. I've had one of these for years and it's still going strong even though I'm a clumsy bitch.

Agree with whoever mentioned that white is a terrible color for anything coffee related. It will soon be brownish.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)