Corman Park, SK

Bodum Burr coffee grinder sale 49.95

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
33%
Retailer:
Bodum
This is not the top Bodum grinder, but it's still a burr grinder at 33% off price of 49.95 which is good.
I still have an older Braun burr grinder working , but ordered the Bodum one to have a spare.
https://www.bodum.com/ca/en/11750-01us-bistro

And free shipping with 60.00 order. So I added a 34oz storage jar with cork lid that's on sale for 13.95
https://www.bodum.com/ca/en/8600-109-2-yohki

Or the 20oz storage jar cork lid on sale for 12.95
https://www.bodum.com/ca/en/8560-109-2-yohki

Not sure how long the sale goes, just got the e-mail today.
Thread Summary
See how the Bodum Burr compares to others in RFD Reviews' top picks for the best coffee grinders!
38 replies
Aug 7, 2019
155 posts
522 upvotes
Vancouver
Got this one about a year ago. Coffee flies everywhere. Also Bodum doesn't accept returns.
I don't recommend this product.
Aug 9, 2007
491 posts
188 upvotes
beepbeepboop wrote: Got this one about a year ago. Coffee flies everywhere. Also Bodum doesn't accept returns.
Have you tried spraying a mist of a few drops of water on the beans before grinding?
Aug 7, 2019
155 posts
522 upvotes
Vancouver
tsuda wrote: Have you tried spraying a mist of a few drops of water on the beans before grinding?
I always stir a little spoon with a drop of water on the beans. It's better but the problem is the plastic catcher, very staticky. Also tons of coffee gets stuck on the top portion. I always have the bang the machine to get the rest out.
Nov 23, 2004
986 posts
307 upvotes
beepbeepboop wrote: I always stir a little spoon with a drop of water on the beans. It's better but the problem is the plastic catcher, very staticky. Also tons of coffee gets stuck on the top portion. I always have the bang the machine to get the rest out.
Totally agree. Very frustrating grinder and horrible customer service. I offered to pay the difference to upgrade to their glass catcher and they basically told me I'm stuck with my horrible purchase.

Stay away from this one, folks.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2015
155 posts
119 upvotes
Corman Park, SK
beepbeepboop wrote: Got this one about a year ago. Coffee flies everywhere. Also Bodum doesn't accept returns.
Well the Bodum website says 14 day return policy so they should take it back.
But as with my old Braun burr grinder, I get coffee grounds from the static and plastic container. So it's something I've always been used to. You probably could try putting the beans in the freezer for a short while before you grind them. That would put some moisture on the beans to control the static.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1700 posts
1687 upvotes
lol I just destroyed my bodum after trying to mod it for finer espresso. I should have just left it... it's not worth it and I'm not sure if it improved it. I had a v2 which apparently grinds way better than v1.

You can tell if you have a v2 if you don't have tamper proof torx screws on the bottom.

If you attempt to take it apart, be really careful as the wires inside aren't soldered in that great. Or I was too rough with it.

Here's the guide, cached web version as the original post is gone:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200118015 ... ers/521694
Wallet safe...
Aug 7, 2019
155 posts
522 upvotes
Vancouver
Flyerlover wrote: Well the Bodum website says 14 day return policy so they should take it back.
But as with my old Braun burr grinder, I get coffee grounds from the static and plastic container. So it's something I've always been used to. You probably could try putting the beans in the freezer for a short while before you grind them. That would put some moisture on the beans to control the static.
30 days if unused as per their website.
Aug 7, 2021
153 posts
616 upvotes
Really wouldn't recommend. $50 is cheap relative to better grinders but imo you'd be much better off putting the money towards something like a 1zpresso, baratza encore, etc.
Sep 22, 2019
168 posts
172 upvotes
Is it true that Costco has grinders you can use to grind the whole beans you buy there?

If so, what's the drawback of using their grinders other than convenience?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1700 posts
1687 upvotes
duhastvielgeweint wrote: Is it true that Costco has grinders you can use to grind the whole beans you buy there?

You may be getting some leftovers from the people who ground before you. Could be good or bad depending on how you look at it
Wallet safe...
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5183 posts
7581 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
duhastvielgeweint wrote: Is it true that Costco has grinders you can use to grind the whole beans you buy there?

Freshly ground beans have lot more volatile compounds than pre-ground beans
Last edited by Nikhilvoid on Aug 30th, 2021 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 4, 2018
102 posts
209 upvotes
Would not recommend buying from Bodum. Their customer service is terrible and their products are decent at best.

I purchased a pourover and a french press a year back, took like a month to ship and their customer service was very slow. The french press arrived damaged and that was another hassle to get fixed/replaced.

If you want to try bodum, id suggest buying from somewhere else
Mar 14, 2018
582 posts
700 upvotes
Congratulations on your purchases. With a lot of luck you may receive it before Halloween.
Jan 10, 2011
480 posts
294 upvotes
I have one of these. It grinds well, but makes a heckuva mess. Don't really like it.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2005
2612 posts
58 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Freshly ground beans have lot less volatile compounds than pre-ground beans
don't you mean a lot more? the volatile compounds are what you pay for in the freshly roasted beans...
it's not who you are, it's what you do.
Aug 9, 2007
491 posts
188 upvotes
beepbeepboop wrote: I always stir a little spoon with a drop of water on the beans. It's better but the problem is the plastic catcher, very staticky. Also tons of coffee gets stuck on the top portion. I always have the bang the machine to get the rest out.
Have you tried waiting 5 minutes for the static to go away before emptying the catcher?
Aug 9, 2007
491 posts
188 upvotes

Yes it's true, but I always grind right before I brew, because ground coffee can lose significant flavor very quickly, in minutes.
Dec 29, 2020
120 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
I too have a Bodum grinder that I got on sale through a post here on RFD. I regret it. So messy. Wish I just sprung for a baratza